Home

Default Slider Support Group

This is a discussion on Default Slider Support Group within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #129
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Yeah thatīs less than 4.0 Iīm getting around 3.2- 3.5 in my games. But i think the biggest problem is the Play calling. It seems the suggestions are more prone to stop the run rather than the pass, so i end up having games with 290yds passing and 40yds rushing. I canīt apply any more house rules to make the cpu runs more though.

The problem is that i donīt want to call my own plays so iīm still debating what is the best option for my style of play.

I'm right there with you booker! But, in the game that I'll finish after work, Danny Woodhead is doing REALLY well against us. At one point he had 4 carries for like 60 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #130
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I'm right there with you booker! But, in the game that I'll finish after work, Danny Woodhead is doing REALLY well against us. At one point he had 4 carries for like 60 yards.

Maybe i should start calling the plays on Defense. and let the Quick Coach Suggestion on Offense Only. What i have about the coach suggestion is that is recommend you Community Picks (which many are cheese). And i select only strategy they are 5 runs vs 20 pass ratio

Oh will i will keep looking.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:09 AM   #131
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Maybe i should start calling the plays on Defense. and let the Quick Coach Suggestion on Offense Only. What i have about the coach suggestion is that is recommend you Community Picks (which many are cheese). And i select only strategy they are 5 runs vs 20 pass ratio

Oh will i will keep looking.

Though it makes the game take a little longer, I have toyed with just allowing the game to call my defense by letting the play selection clock run out. Works pretty well. Offensively it works best to just call the play on the screen to get some rushing mixed in. As you stated, with calling just strategy plays there are not nearly enough rushing attempts.

Last edited by NoleFan; 09-19-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 11:11 AM   #132
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Yeah thatīs less than 4.0 Iīm getting around 3.2- 3.5 in my games. But i think the biggest problem is the Play calling. It seems the suggestions are more prone to stop the run rather than the pass, so i end up having games with 290yds passing and 40yds rushing. I canīt apply any more house rules to make the cpu runs more though.

The problem is that i donīt want to call my own plays so iīm still debating what is the best option for my style of play.

I was having the same results and I decided to start calling my own plays and found the run game to be much better for the CPU.

6 games doing coach suggestions: 70 rypg 3.2 rypc. 245 pypg

7 games calling my own plays: 126 rypg 4.1 rypc. 245 pypg.

I still call a lot of the same plays as in coach suggestion but I have found it more of a challenge to call my own plays on defense and offense.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:20 AM   #133
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I was having the same results and I decided to start calling my own plays and found the run game to be much better for the CPU.

6 games doing coach suggestions: 70 rypg 3.2 rypc. 245 pypg

7 games calling my own plays: 126 rypg 4.1 rypc. 245 pypg.

I still call a lot of the same plays as in coach suggestion but I have found it more of a challenge to call my own plays on defense and offense.
This is good info. So iīm not crazy. The cpu runs better when the human call the play. Still not sure why. Maybe the AI calling primary goal is to stop the rush?
Old 09-18-2015, 04:58 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am going back to all madden default.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:53 PM   #135
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Though it makes the game take a little longer, I have towed with just allowing the game to call my defense by letting the play selection clock run out. Works pretty well. Offensively it works best to just call the play on the screen to get some rushing mixed in. As you stated, with calling just strategy plays there are not nearly enough rushing attempts.

What ive been doing recently is using the default playbook that matches my head coaches offense and im seeing more rushing plays in the strategy section. For example, Im playing a test season with the Chargers. I went into my coaches schemes to look up my coaches offense. It was listed as balanced offense. Instead of using the SD playbook, I chose the balanced offense default playbook. Ive done this multiple times and it does give you an option to the run the ball on most plays. Its still not completely balanced but it does help some. Its also nice to see more passing plays other than stick or curl flats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 08:39 PM   #136
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
What ive been doing recently is using the default playbook that matches my head coaches offense and im seeing more rushing plays in the strategy section. For example, Im playing a test season with the Chargers. I went into my coaches schemes to look up my coaches offense. It was listed as balanced offense. Instead of using the SD playbook, I chose the balanced offense default playbook. Ive done this multiple times and it does give you an option to the run the ball on most plays. Its still not completely balanced but it does help some. Its also nice to see more passing plays other than stick or curl flats.

I've done that in the past. Might be worth a try.

Last edited by NoleFan; 09-18-2015 at 09:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »