Default Slider Support Group - Page 23 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Default Slider Support Group

This is a discussion on Default Slider Support Group within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-25-2015, 12:49 PM   #177
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Hmm I think this is just to much work. It will be easier for me to lower tackling slider

I'm still going to play a full season with default. Maybe the game surprise me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FWIW:

I tried lowering the tackle slider, but the result was waaaaay too many BTK's...

Played CLE and Turbin had 12 on 26 carries...

Lowering CPU FUM (which is the RBA / RBK slider as well as the FUM slider) results in CPU playcalling too few runs...

So:

Kept jacking up CPU RBK and 65 was the sweet spot versus my TEN 3-4 D...

Didn't affect playcalling...

Sounds drastic, but plays great...

Also:

Normal speed seems to help the CPU HB hit the hole with more conviction than Slow...
Old 09-25-2015, 12:52 PM   #178
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
FWIW:

I tried lowering the tackle slider, but the result was waaaaay too many BTK's...

Played CLE and Turbin had 12 on 26 carries...

Lowering CPU FUM (which is the RBA / RBK slider as well as the FUM slider) results in CPU playcalling too few runs...

So:

Kept jacking up CPU RBK and 65 was the sweet spot versus my TEN 3-4 D...

Didn't affect playcalling...

Sounds drastic, but plays great...

Also:

Normal speed seems to help the CPU HB hit the hole with more conviction that Slow...

What I'm seeing is that the OL is pushing but the rb just chose wrong holes. Or 1on1 tackles bring the rb down to easily.

I did notice that lowering the tackle to 35 provided a good avg but way to many bk. still rb were avg 4 or 5 yds.

Still I will leave it on default for now.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:29 PM   #179
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
What I'm seeing is that the OL is pushing but the rb just chose wrong holes. Or 1on1 tackles bring the rb down to easily.

I did notice that lowering the tackle to 35 provided a good avg but way to many bk. still rb were avg 4 or 5 yds.

Yeah, unfortunately you have to make some "tradeoffs" to get the CPU YPC to the desirable range...

Maybe bumping up the CPU FUM slider will kick the "RBA" factor in and make them smarter / hit the right holes, etc...

At any rate, the "65 RBK" tradeoff works for me so far, so I figured I throw it out there...

Not only did the lower HUM TKL drive me nuts with the BTK numbers and animations, the pass rush disappeared, because pursuit is tied to tackle, so that created a domino effect...

Still too many things tied to too few sliders, but it's all good-ish, due to the game being fairly well tuned at default...

BTW:

Thanks again for the HC Drive Goals workaround...

Quick / easy / effective!

Last edited by KingV2k3; 09-25-2015 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:45 PM   #180
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Yeah, unfortunately you have to make some "tradeoffs" to get the CPU YPC to the desirable range...

Maybe bumping up the CPU FUM slider will kick the "RBA" factor in and make them smarter / hit the right holes, etc...

At any rate, the "65 RBK" tradeoff works for me so far, so I figured I throw it out there...

Not only did the lower HUM TKL drive me nuts with the BTK numbers and animations, the pass rush disappeared, because pursuit is tied to tackle, so that created a domino effect...

Still too many things tied to too few sliders, but it's all good-ish, due to the game being fairly well tuned at default...

BTW:

Thanks again for the HC Drive Goals workaround...

Quick / easy / effective!

King, what are you seeing with Pancakes for the CPU with RBK that high? I play Coach Mode AP, and on when testing on default (with or without tuner), the USER OL gets way too many pancakes, while the CPU seems to be spot on. As of now, I'm playing around with lowering USER RBK to decrease pancakes, and I want to boost the CPU run game a bit, but I'm afraid to increase their pancakes.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #181
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
King, what are you seeing with Pancakes for the CPU with RBK that high? I play Coach Mode AP, and on when testing on default (with or without tuner), the USER OL gets way too many pancakes, while the CPU seems to be spot on. As of now, I'm playing around with lowering USER RBK to decrease pancakes, and I want to boost the CPU run game a bit, but I'm afraid to increase their pancakes.
I have HUM RBK @ 45 / CPU @ 65 and although it's been over a VERY small sample, it's stat-ing out for me as intended...even with regard to the "smaller stats" like pancakes / TFL / yards after contact / etc.

NOT perfect, but closer than default IMHO...

Also, I also have all penalties at 55, which can influence these sorts of things as well...

Oh, and Tuner: OFF

I don't want to derail the thread, so apologies!
Old 09-25-2015, 02:36 PM   #182
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Yeah its a slippery slope when you start changing certain sliders. I'm liking how just by making sure the cpus Hb and Olineman are set to their strengths in the coaching schemes/priority has improved them.
For example, high acceleration and vision backs set to one cut running and not power runs. I'm still testing it but the Bears just ran for 147 on me and all I did was matchup the priorities to their player ratings/strengths.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-25-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:50 PM   #183
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Yeah its a slippery slope when you start changing certain sliders. I'm liking how just by making sure the cpus Hb and Olineman are set to their strengths in the coaching schemes/priority has improved them.
For example, high acceleration and vision backs set to one cut running and not power runs. I'm still testing it but the Bears just ran for 147 on me and all I did was matchup the priorities to their player ratings/strengths.
Well played, D81!

Priorities are the under appreciated / under acknowledged "sweeteners" that can really draw out some nice gameplay...

QBs set to "Pocket Passer" get an appreciable bump in ACC / One Cut HBs get some nice bumps to "Vision" & AWR / and on and on...

Even just setting them to match the player's description in the Progression screen makes them play better than when they play "against type"...

Another nice thing about Booker's HC Drive Goals workaround is that you can set that stuff up for the opposing team before you play them and after you retire their guy, they go back to default...which is nice for the sim engine...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 09-25-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:22 PM   #184
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm very confused by what you guys are seeing. Since switching to the workaround for Drive Goals, backs have definitely been able to run against me with CHI. Playing against MIN now and AP has 16 att for 104 yds and a td and they lead 14-9

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »