Home

Default Slider Support Group

This is a discussion on Default Slider Support Group within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #209
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: Default Slider Support Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'll weigh in with a positive impression of the 2nd patch.

When I first got the game, I played on default All Pro in the Play Now menu, and I got more competitive games on default than I'd ever gotten. I was in fact about .500 in played games vs. CPU in Play Now, but when I took to CFM, All Pro felt nerfed and I had trouble getting competitive games.

I've since gone back into CFM and play-tested default All Pro, along with several other slider combos, and for some reason, I'm now getting much more diverse and competitive games at default within CFM. The game experiences now seem identical between Play Now and CFM, which hasn't been the case for some time.

I'm not sure what to attribute this change to, but I haven't lost a game inside of CFM on All Pro more than 10% of the time in about 50 games played before Patch #2, whereas I lost my first 2 games post-Patch #2 on default All Pro inside CFM.

Interesting, and as far as I'm concerned, positive!
Glad to see I'm not the only one still enjoying All-Pro default. I've only done a few minor changes to default(int: 35 both user and cpu)
I'm also incorporating coaching schemes/priority matching each starter for all teams. It's been tough winning for sure.
Week 3 starting from the top of the schedule(playing each game on the schedule) I've gone 1-3 so far.
Here's my scores and teams used.
Redskins(me) vs Giants 36-19 L
Flacons(me) vs Cowboys 27-24 W
Colts(me ) vs Titans 28-16 L
Raiders (me) vs Browns 45-38 L
Each of my losses were ligit! I made the mistakes and paid for it.
Just noticed each of my losses have been on the road, except Falcons @ Cowboys, I pulled that one out w/ 8 seconds remaining lol
Very entertaining and realistically played games.
I finished 9-7 in week 2 games, so these are playing as good as I could ask.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:08 PM   #210
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Please subscribe me back

what I did last night. I was playing all this time on default. Only tweaking penalties and injuries. And I was having a blast. Then I installed the tuner and start seeing bad things like rushing changed. Less organic games. No more overthrows. So I started messing with
Sliders. First was tackling. At 40. Cpu rushing was much much better. The. I said. I want to see more overthrows. I even placed the qb acc at 5. And I was still hitting too many passes to my liking.

I said you know what. I'm done. I delete the tuner. I reset all my sliders to default. Yes including tackling. And I played the game even without the workaround for confidence.

I had a BLaST. I lost it. Cpu rushed for 149yds. I saw many overthrows for both qb. And the game went to OT 13-13.

I'm done with sliders. I will play default with penalties and injuries and tuner-free and what happens happens.

I do play with many house rules though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2015, 01:05 PM   #211
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Are you all happy with threshold at 50 (default)? I usually like it low as it truly separates speed differences. Opens up the game more like what you see on Sunday's. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 05:36 PM   #212
Pro

OVR: 9

Just purchased the game this past weekend after I heard the latest patch was relatively well received. I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed with how the game plays right out of the box. Played a game on Default All Madden last night as the Niners against the Rams. Went into the half down 17-7 and ultimately lost 31-24 but had a chance to win it at the end but Kaep badly overthrew Smith and was picked off to seal the game. Foles had 250 yards 3 TDs and 1 int completing 61 percent. Kaep had 240 yds 2 TDs and the game killing pick while completing 60 percent. Mason averaged 4.7 ypc for a total of 130 and Hyde gave me 110 yds on the ground at 4.2 ypc. Overall the game had a great ebb and flow. Turnovers, momentum swinging special teams plays, actual penalties killing drives, 3 and outs. Just amazing. Hoping it isn't a fluke. If it isn't I'm on the default slider bandwagon.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:54 PM   #213
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

This game is so good on default that I just sold the PS3 and NCAA14, that I got only about 2 months ago, because I've not played a game as good on the field as M16. I prefer the college game with the recruiting and no contracts but the on field action in M16 is second to none.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:31 PM   #214
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Are you all happy with threshold at 50 (default)? I usually like it low as it truly separates speed differences. Opens up the game more like what you see on Sunday's. Thoughts?
The problem with low threshold is that it really slows down slow players...I've seen instances on low thresholds where linemen look like they are in slo-mo.

Fifty threshold really represents speed differentials - with one major caveat, at default TAK, the TAK range is so large that it leads to slower players being able to tackle faster players from behind. If you're sticking with default, I wouldn't drop it too much below 40...even at 35, I saw the "slo mo" effect in full effect (especially when playing on slow speed).
Old 10-06-2015, 07:32 PM   #215
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I left it on 50. Seems good to me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 08:44 PM   #216
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Please subscribe me back

what I did last night. I was playing all this time on default. Only tweaking penalties and injuries. And I was having a blast. Then I installed the tuner and start seeing bad things like rushing changed. Less organic games. No more overthrows. So I started messing with
Sliders. First was tackling. At 40. Cpu rushing was much much better. The. I said. I want to see more overthrows. I even placed the qb acc at 5. And I was still hitting too many passes to my liking.

I said you know what. I'm done. I delete the tuner. I reset all my sliders to default. Yes including tackling. And I played the game even without the workaround for confidence.

I had a BLaST. I lost it. Cpu rushed for 149yds. I saw many overthrows for both qb. And the game went to OT 13-13.

I'm done with sliders. I will play default with penalties and injuries and tuner-free and what happens happens.

I do play with many house rules though

I am going to try this without tuner. Clear things up, you didn't tweak any sliders?? Not even penalties or anything like that?

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »