Default Slider Support Group - Page 32 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Default Slider Support Group

This is a discussion on Default Slider Support Group within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #249
MVP
 
D81SKINS's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Football Outsiders’ Aaron Schatz, also via ESPN Stats & Info, said that all 2012 rushes (scrambles excluded) against eight in the box produced just 3.4 yards per carry.

As you load the box with defenders, the rushing average understandably declines. However, while the number of defenders in the box does matter, the frequency of this strategy of using eight or more is not the heavy burden on a running back some lead us to believe.

Sando also had*some different numbers on the concept of “loaded boxes” which are defined as the defense having more defenders in the box than the offense has to block them. Peterson only had 39 carries against loaded boxes through 14 games last season. No back had more than 58 carries. It is possible to have enough blockers against eight in the box for those runs to not factor into this.

Pro Football Focus*had slightly different results with Peterson facing 8+ in the box on 34.5 percent of his runs in 2012. The highest was San Francisco’s Frank Gore (42.3 percent).*The league average was only 23.3 percent, which may be the most interesting number of them all.
PFF also looked at*runs where the team kept no more than one receiver split out, which would invite teams to load up the box more. Only 21.74 percent of rushes happened this way in 2012. Gore ran on such plays a league-high 53.5 percent of the time, which explains why he faced so many eight-man boxes. Peterson was third with 37.64 percent of his carries coming with one receiver split out.

No matter which numbers you believe, the fact is no defense is loading the box even half the time against top running backs. It’s just not a realistic strategy to employ often in the NFL.

A good way to look at it is, if the cpu runs 25atts. We should be playing 8 in the box on 5 of those runs. Unless they are only using 1 wr split out then that's cause for more in the box.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 10-10-2015 at 01:49 PM.
D81SKINS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:48 PM   #250
MVP
 
booker21's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Argentina
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Football Outsiders’ Aaron Schatz, also via ESPN Stats & Info, said that all 2012 rushes (scrambles excluded) against eight in the box produced just 3.4 yards per carry.

As you load the box with defenders, the rushing average understandably declines. However, while the number of defenders in the box does matter, the frequency of this strategy of using eight or more is not the heavy burden on a running back some lead us to believe.

Sando also had*some different numbers on the concept of “loaded boxes” which are defined as the defense having more defenders in the box than the offense has to block them. Peterson only had 39 carries against loaded boxes through 14 games last season. No back had more than 58 carries. It is possible to have enough blockers against eight in the box for those runs to not factor into this.

Pro Football Focus*had slightly different results with Peterson facing 8+ in the box on 34.5 percent of his runs in 2012. The highest was San Francisco’s Frank Gore (42.3 percent).*The league average was only 23.3 percent, which may be the most interesting number of them all.
PFF also looked at*runs where the team kept no more than one receiver split out, which would invite teams to load up the box more. Only 21.74 percent of rushes happened this way in 2012. Gore ran on such plays a league-high 53.5 percent of the time, which explains why he faced so many eight-man boxes. Peterson was third with 37.64 percent of his carries coming with one receiver split out.

No matter which numbers you believe, the fact is no defense is loading the box even half the time against top running backs. It’s just not a realistic strategy to employ often in the NFL.

A good way to look at it is, if the cpu runs 25atts. We should be playing 8 in the box on 5 of those runs. Unless they are only using 1 wr split out then that's cause for more in the box.

I understand you are trying To defend the game but this is not necessary. I love madden but the cpu running game is lacking.

I'm calling zone defense with cover 4 and my Safties still tackle the rb. I lead the league in tfl. And as a house rule I don't call blitz unless is 3rd and long. I'm playing with extremely many house rules. I call suggestion play unless it's blitz. Then I select one of the three on the strategy that are not blitz. Mostly cover 3 and cover 4. And I'm still able to hold most rb to 3.5 or less.

I play against A. PETERSON and I'm not afraid.

This with default settings. With tack at 40 the rb get a more decent ypc. Around 4. Of course this is because they break 11 tackles per game. But this is something I have to deal with it.

That being said I feel the tackling on default is OP. In real life there are a lot of miss tackles.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
English, is not my first language.
booker21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:21 PM   #251
MVP
 
D81SKINS's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Just played another, Seahawks(me) vs Bears(cpu). Came down to the end where the Hawks D stepped up! Final 22-20 W
Here's some tackle stats in this one
3 out of the top 4 are LBs. This is more of the norm in my games.
1444522602665.jpg
D81SKINS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 08:31 PM   #252
MVP
 
booker21's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Argentina
Blog Entries: 1
Default Slider Support Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Just played another, Seahawks(me) vs Bears(cpu). Came down to the end where the Hawks D stepped up! Final 22-20 W
Here's some tackle stats in this one
3 out of the top 4 are LBs. This is more of the norm in my games.
Attachment 108863

I guess I'm being unlucky. Also from some reason most of my tackles are assisted. Are you using any tweaks or just all pro default? How was the cpu running game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
English, is not my first language.

Last edited by booker21; 10-10-2015 at 08:37 PM.
booker21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 12:35 PM   #253
Pro
 
tyler28's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Re: Default Slider Support Group

ive tried many different sets and i keep heading back to default. Im just going to let the game play the way its intended. I feel each time i adjust something it throws something else off.

some issues i saw while trying out all these different slider set:

I was seeing too easy and too hard slider issues no happy medium that has been found imo. I was seeing a lot of shoot outs with games no matter who the teams were. running isnt balanced, One side or the other seems op in each set. It just feels like i have to constantly adjust things and try different sets out.

ive tried mixing and matching sets and ive tried all madden sets on all pro and vice versa. I just could not find anything that worked. Sure there were some really great finds and things worked out for a game or two but as i tried more games i saw these issues and it was driving me crazy. which has brought me back here. I just played a game on all default All madden and i didnt adjust the penalties either. It was very competitive and nothing jump out to me after the game that i need to adjust. I always feel with these different sets that after a game im like well i need to lower cpu blocking bump up this lower that.... you get my point.

Lets just play the game and stop this slideritis madness!! At least i need to lol
tyler28 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 01:00 PM   #254
MVP
 
booker21's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Argentina
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
ive tried many different sets and i keep heading back to default. Im just going to let the game play the way its intended. I feel each time i adjust something it throws something else off.



some issues i saw while trying out all these different slider set:



I was seeing too easy and too hard slider issues no happy medium that has been found imo. I was seeing a lot of shoot outs with games no matter who the teams were. running isnt balanced, One side or the other seems op in each set. It just feels like i have to constantly adjust things and try different sets out.



ive tried mixing and matching sets and ive tried all madden sets on all pro and vice versa. I just could not find anything that worked. Sure there were some really great finds and things worked out for a game or two but as i tried more games i saw these issues and it was driving me crazy. which has brought me back here. I just played a game on all default All madden and i didnt adjust the penalties either. It was very competitive and nothing jump out to me after the game that i need to adjust. I always feel with these different sets that after a game im like well i need to lower cpu blocking bump up this lower that.... you get my point.



Lets just play the game and stop this slideritis madness!! At least i need to lol

I feel you man. I have the same issue and I keep coming back to default. For a few games. Then I go back to try to tweak those things that annoys me.

1-defensive player not disengaging from blocks. Cashing SS with most tackles.
2.-lack of cpu rushing game.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
English, is not my first language.
booker21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:18 PM   #255
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2011
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Yes all madden default plays great, the CPU run game is there and passing still has an all pro feel to it. Dedecided to play a season without the tuner but the CPU qb is pretty much 80% plus every game, might bump them to 40 to see if that helps or its back to the tuner.

At no point did all madden default feel off to me in anyway, like I said feels like all pro but the CPU play better on offence which is what I was after
Rjrosco is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 05:19 PM   #256
MVP
 
booker21's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Argentina
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjrosco
Yes all madden default plays great, the CPU run game is there and passing still has an all pro feel to it. Dedecided to play a season without the tuner but the CPU qb is pretty much 80% plus every game, might bump them to 40 to see if that helps or its back to the tuner.



At no point did all madden default feel off to me in anyway, like I said feels like all pro but the CPU play better on offence which is what I was after

With my play style I would never be able to deal all madden default. Never did.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
English, is not my first language.
booker21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 PM.

Top -