Home

Default Slider Support Group

This is a discussion on Default Slider Support Group within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2015, 07:21 PM   #257
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Interesting. How did your defense play? Did players, especially in zone, stand around and leave large holes for CPU WRs to be able to make easy catches? Also, what kind of pass rush was your defense able to generate? My biggest issues with default is player defenders tend to go to their zone assignment and just stand there. Also, the player D-line is unable to disengage the O-line and provide any kind of reasonable pass rush.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:00 PM   #258
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjrosco
Yes all madden default plays great, the CPU run game is there and passing still has an all pro feel to it. Dedecided to play a season without the tuner but the CPU qb is pretty much 80% plus every game, might bump them to 40 to see if that helps or its back to the tuner.

At no point did all madden default feel off to me in anyway, like I said feels like all pro but the CPU play better on offence which is what I was after
Interesting. I'm having a great time on All Pro default. CPU run blocking does seem like it could be better but I am using the Niners who have a good run defense in the game. Are you still able to run the ball well on All Madden? Also, with regards to penalties and injuries, are people playing on default raising them? I see an accurate amount of holding and face mask calls but very few pass interference calls or other penalties. With regards to injuries, I have only had 1 injury though 8 games.

The accuracy of the game is ridiculous. Kaepernick is completely inaccurate and is boom or bust.
Old 10-16-2015, 01:52 AM   #259
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Interesting. I'm having a great time on All Pro default. CPU run blocking does seem like it could be better but I am using the Niners who have a good run defense in the game. Are you still able to run the ball well on All Madden? Also, with regards to penalties and injuries, are people playing on default raising them? I see an accurate amount of holding and face mask calls but very few pass interference calls or other penalties. With regards to injuries, I have only had 1 injury though 8 games.

The accuracy of the game is ridiculous. Kaepernick is completely inaccurate and is boom or bust.
I only controll the qb, so I just hand it off. On all pro CPU was around 2 to 3 yards and my CPU running backs were always around 4 to 5 yards a carry. All madden has them around the same now which is good.

I have my penalties at 55 except face mask and block in the back at 50. Last game scores were tied 20 sec to go and I was 65 yards away, threw one up and got a pass interference call, kick 50 yard field goal to win as time expired.

Now with injury I like to see a few so have mine at 70. Seems high but doesn't seem over the top in any way. Injuries are part of the game.

The only thing that annoys me a little is the high CPU qb completion. I read somewhere that the tuner gives your defence an advantage in run defence and picks etc. However the completion % is lower when using the tuner. I turned down the CPU acc to 40 as well as human int to 40, the rest default.

I have noticed the differance in accuracy controlling the qb between all pro and all madden but don't have a problem with it, just wished the CPU qb was the same
Old 10-16-2015, 12:35 PM   #260
Pro

OVR: 1

Like many of you, I, too, keep testing out different slider sets but always come back to AP Default (Coach Mode). I'm 3-9 with the Bears so far in my CFM, so AP is definitely challenging enough. The suction blocking and tackling is annoying, but in the end, my stats seem to be accurate. However, I agree 100% that the CPU run game is not as potent as the USER run game is. Like Booker, I don't ever fear really good HBs. The Bears have a crummy defense, and the CPU sometimes gets 100+ yard rushers on me, but in the 12 games I've played so far, the CPU had more total rushing yards than me only 4 times. I certainly could bump up the CPU run blocking or lower tackling, but like Tyler said earlier, every time I move a slider even just 10 pts, it impacts other aspects of the game.

My only other two complaints are: 1) more fumbles; and 2) more pass deflections. I only see 2 or 3 deflections a game total.

For AP Default, I would definitely not play with the tuner. But I didn't think about trying AM Default with the tuner. Maybe that would balance things out.

Rjrosco, when playing AM Default with the tuner, what aspects of the CPU game are "overpowered"? Sounds like CPU QBs are too accurate? Anything else?
Old 10-16-2015, 06:41 PM   #261
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I must not be very good at this game, because I have no issues with the CPU running game. Houston's backup RB just lit up my Tampa Bay defense for over 120 yards (nearly 6 ypc) and 2 TDs.

I'm 0-3 in my Bucs CFM. Default All-Pro.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 06:49 PM   #262
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19

My only other two complaints are: 1) more fumbles; and 2) more pass deflections. I only see 2 or 3 deflections a game total.
Regarding number 2, are you talking about actual deflections or stats? If the latter, I am quite convinced that the game does not properly record pass deflections.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:49 PM   #263
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Deflected and tackle for loss is something that EA never got it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2015, 10:02 PM   #264
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

I also believe that cpu confidence plays a part, for ex. If I'm facing a top notch hb and they start the game off running well, they end up dominating on the ground, however if I stop them early they seem to struggle more throughout the game.
It's a question of whether or not the HB and Olineman can be successful and confident enough to run it.
If we start lowering the tackle slider down, does that mean every team we face will run for 100+?
It's a fine line and idk if EA makes it possible to reach that happy median and really don't want to get into slideritis hell lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »