Default Slider Support Group - Page 36 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Default Slider Support Group

This is a discussion on Default Slider Support Group within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-24-2015, 02:52 AM   #281
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Won a game on All Madden today, default. Im finally getting more used to the defensive strategy. I held the cpu to 10 points, which is insane considering how many they had been scoring on me. Previously I had been playing a strategy similar to all pro. Lots of safe defenses with sending four, no more than five rushers. The CPU was eating me alive with the rush, and they were still passing it at will. So this game I blitzed way more, sending 5 or six rushers, blitzing dbs, etc. For the first time I actually stuffed the run and started getting sacks. Amazingly, the cpu didnt burn me badly either, although the completed 91% of their passes, they threw under 200 yards.

We'll see if I can replicate this, but for now, my all madden defensive strategy is to blitz most downs.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:55 AM   #282
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I feel you man. I have the same issue and I keep coming back to default. For a few games. Then I go back to try to tweak those things that annoys me.

1-defensive player not disengaging from blocks. Cashing SS with most tackles.
2.-lack of cpu rushing game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you'd like to open up the CPU run game and see less tackles by your SS, lower HUM INT to 35 or 40...

In addition to "pick versus drop" and coverage, that slider has a "universal ball awareness" aspect to it that sees players flow to the ball faster and more effectively at default and higher...

You'll also see more passes defended because they tend to swat more and go for the pick less...

There's a whole lot of "goodness" unlocked by simply lowering that one HUM INT slider...

Old 10-24-2015, 12:21 PM   #283
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
If you'd like to open up the CPU run game and see less tackles by your SS, lower HUM INT to 35 or 40...

In addition to "pick versus drop" and coverage, that slider has a "universal ball awareness" aspect to it that sees players flow to the ball faster and more effectively at default and higher...

You'll also see more passes defended because they tend to swat more and go for the pick less...

There's a whole lot of "goodness" unlocked by simply lowering that one HUM INT slider...

Really int slider affect rush reactions? Wow I never thought that would be the case.

Are you using int at 35? Would you mind showing your full settings. I will like to try them.

Old 10-24-2015, 01:04 PM   #284
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Really int slider affect rush reactions? Wow I never thought that would be the case.

Are you using int at 35? Would you mind showing your full settings. I will like to try them.

Actually, the INT slider does affect rush reaction and more...

Trojan Man / StefJoeHalt and I all worked on this extensively over a huge sample in CFM...

I don't want to derail the thread, but my sliders and settings are in my blog / Arena:

http://www.operationsports.com/KingV2k3/blog

I'm just trying to repay the favor for your workaround, Booker!

PM me or post in the blog comments if you'd like to discuss further...

Lastly, a couple of the settings appear to be more extreme than they play, so don't look at the values...play the game!

Stats are as solid as the engine will allow, including pancakes / who makes the tackles / increased passes defended, etc...
Old 10-24-2015, 01:37 PM   #285
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:

Trojan Man / StefJoeHalt and I all worked on this extensively over a huge sample in CFM...

I don't want to derail the thread, but my sliders and settings are in my blog / Arena:

Lastly, a couple of the settings appear to be more extreme than they play, so don't look at the values...play the game!

Stats are as solid as the engine will allow, including pancakes / who makes the tackles / increased passes defended, etc...

Great thanks! I will give it a look and I will talk to you in your arena so we don't derail this thread.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:19 PM   #286
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

Gave your sliders a shot last night, really like the challenge the game provided. Unfortunately it was against Green Bay so they may have been a lot harder than it would be against say the Bears. Game was 49-35 with a ton over 500 yards by the packers. Way too much offense but I'll pay a few more games before I get concerned.

My only thing now is how easy it is to get touchdowns. I wish there was a to turn up the defense in the redzone that would lead to more fields goals instead of touchdowns. Any suggestions?
Old 10-27-2015, 01:30 PM   #287
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Gave your sliders a shot last night, really like the challenge the game provided. Unfortunately it was against Green Bay so they may have been a lot harder than it would be against say the Bears. Game was 49-35 with a ton over 500 yards by the packers. Way too much offense but I'll pay a few more games before I get concerned.

My only thing now is how easy it is to get touchdowns. I wish there was a to turn up the defense in the redzone that would lead to more fields goals instead of touchdowns. Any suggestions?
Well, I don't want to derail the thread, so apologies to all for the "sidebar"...

Firstly, I only have seen one shootout like that and it was against the Saints...Brees / Ingram were unstoppable and for some reason the shootout extended to both sides of the ball...

The wide variance in "game types" is more of a script / coding thing than a slider thing...

With the exact same setup, I've also had 16-10 kinds of outcomes, with plenty of FGs...

It "evens out" over a much larger sample...

Unfortunately, there's nothing that sliders and setting can do with regard to the Red Zone, because unfortunately, the game is coded pretty equally to all parts of the field...

I tend to think you just got a "shootout" script and that should level out over a larger sample...

It has for me and a few others who use these sliders...

Thanks for trying them and for the feedback, but please use the Blog Comments or PM to keep this thread on topic...

Old 10-27-2015, 01:47 PM   #288
MVP

booker21's Arena

I also agree that the game use some kind of "script" for each game to make games variable. Some games are scripted shootout. Others rush defense, etc.

Play more before rule any slider out. Unless you see extremely crazy stuff that you never experience before like 10 drops per game or stuff like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »