Home

Default Slider Support Group

This is a discussion on Default Slider Support Group within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2015, 03:41 PM   #313
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
All madden qb acc is crazy at default. It has always been. You should work between 5 to 10 to get realistic qb play on that level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel like the AI on All-Pro sometimes takes it's foot off the gas. The problem with lowering the AI QB Accuracy slider may be that it limits its thought process because QB accuracy has seemed to effect everything including play calling, Awareness, etc.

We really need an accuracy slider that all it does is effect accuracy.

Same with an INT slider that effects just catching the ball on defense.

The problem is, both of these sliders effect the AI Awareness. The sliders are mislabeled.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:46 PM   #314
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Have you tried lowering AI QB Accuracy to 5 or so and everything else default? That's my next test.
I tried QB accuracy as low as 20 with pass blocking at 30 and all my defensive sliders at 70. Still got picked apart completely. I guess I'll try accuracy at five, maybe with past block at 40 and all else defaulted.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:17 PM   #315
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I tried QB accuracy as low as 20 with pass blocking at 30 and all my defensive sliders at 70. Still got picked apart completely. I guess I'll try accuracy at five, maybe with past block at 40 and all else defaulted.

Just use qb acc at 5 and you will see the results. But keep in mind that like many others said it may have negative effects. Like qb will rarely complete bomb passes etc.

Stat wise should be ok though.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2015, 04:55 PM   #316
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

Next test will be qb @ 5 on all madden. Ill put the cpu rb, rblk, and pblk at 40 too. Hopefully that makes enough of a difference to make all madden manageable.
Old 11-26-2015, 08:22 AM   #317
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

To say the game is broken, when it is working just fine for so many other people is subjective. I think the majority of you are over-analyzing. I'd personally like to see video proof of somebody shredding the CPU on All Pro, with say..Armor's sliders. Or even default for that matter. But if you are too good for the game, doesn't mean it's broken. That's like saying Golf is broken, because you never shoot over par.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 11-26-2015, 08:49 AM   #318
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I always thought that the problem is not make the game hard. But make it hard and realistic. Because to you want a hard game just lower all user sliders to 0 and try to win.

What i would recommend is to tweak sliders on all pro. All madde has that "boost" that make the whole game crazy.

Start with all user sliders at 25 and move from there. Leave CPU at default. Just a recommendation.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:59 AM   #319
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
To say the game is broken, when it is working just fine for so many other people is subjective. I think the majority of you are over-analyzing. I'd personally like to see video proof of somebody shredding the CPU on All Pro, with say..Armor's sliders. Or even default for that matter. But if you are too good for the game, doesn't mean it's broken. That's like saying Golf is broken, because you never shoot over par.
More importantly, I'd like to see proof over a series of 5-6 games where that happens consistently. People get all bent over 1 game sample sizes (or heck...I had one guy last year cry about something being too easy based on one quarter of game action).
Old 11-26-2015, 04:01 PM   #320
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

It is broken. Not because it's too easy. It's because it's too easy on one level and too hard on another with no in between. If in baseball you had to only face two pitchers every game, hitting off of a Little Leaguer or Clayton Kershaw, I would say that the sport is broken.

You are always going to have different skill levels amongst the player base. Some people find a skill level perfect for them, others will find it impossible. The key is having options and madden just doesn't provide that. They basically provide three levels that are various levels of easiness, and one impossible level.

A game that doesn't right is MLB the show. There are five difficulty levels, and you'll find players who find the right skill level for themselves without sliders most of the time. All-Star plays really well for me, for some it's a veteran, for some HOF, for some legend.

Another thing the show does that Madden should adopt is make the levels harder themselves. Right now the levels are basically " insanely easy", " very easy", "easy", and impossible. Thats your difficulty levels.

As for over exagerating results, Ive lost over 15 straight times on default All Madden. I did win one with heavily adjusted sliders. I have not lost a game oin all pro on default in the last six weeks. Not one game. I dont consider myself a great madden player, heck i stink online. Now granted Ive played far less all pro while trying to get used to all madden, but every single time Ive gone back when All Madden gets frustrating, I quit the game in disgust with a min or two to go so it doesnt count in my franchise because Im blowing the other team out.

Believe me, I wish I got more realistic games, I really do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »