Default Slider Support Group - Page 42 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Default Slider Support Group

This is a discussion on Default Slider Support Group within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-27-2015, 10:04 PM   #329
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I decided to go ahead and play the Seahawks next b/c I switched Russ's trait to pocket and want to see if it makes him a scrambling qb. If so, I will know w/o a doubt that EA got the traits mixed up for qbs.
I will report back in after this game.

Update: Russ only attempted 3 rushes for 3yds having him set to "pocket". Similar to Big Ben he wasn't looking to scramble but did leave the pocket when forced to but stayed behind the LOS to throw downfield.

So what I'm actually seeing is

Balanced = scrambling
Pocket = Balanced
Scrambling under testing now Bears cpu J. Cutler is set to scrambling in my next game test.

After further review, scrambling = Pocket, also you'll notice the coaching suggestions will call more qb contain vs qbs with the pocket or balanced trait. In my test vs Cutler set to scrambling trait the coaching suggestions only called qb contain a few times. Also Cutler didn't attempt to leave the pocket once, this was in a full 60min game too.
So I don't understand.

The traits that the QB's have in the game are the exact opposite of what they actually do?
Old 11-28-2015, 12:37 AM   #330
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Honestly I think we all might be hoping we fix it when the answer is right under our nose. Look at the number ratings page for a player. Notice it says the type trait right there. If its scrambling I dont think it matters what the trait we want it to say, that rating trait will over ride it
I would say that but how do you explain players like Cam and Russ staying in the pocket the whole game? I've tested alot of CFM games and the cpu does scramble but not with scrambling qbs.
You can test it by playing vs Cam or any scrambling qb, play them in 3 separate games. 1st w/ the default trait, 2nd w/ pocket, 3rd w/ balanced. You'll see this

Pocket = Balanced(they avg apx 2-3 runs per)
Balanced = scrambling (they will avg. Apx 4-6 runs)
Scramble = pocket (they don't leave the pocket and avg 0 runs)
Old 11-28-2015, 07:49 AM   #331
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I would say that but how do you explain players like Cam and Russ staying in the pocket the whole game? I've tested alot of CFM games and the cpu does scramble but not with scrambling qbs.
You can test it by playing vs Cam or any scrambling qb, play them in 3 separate games. 1st w/ the default trait, 2nd w/ pocket, 3rd w/ balanced. You'll see this

Pocket = Balanced(they avg apx 2-3 runs per)
Balanced = scrambling (they will avg. Apx 4-6 runs)
Scramble = pocket (they don't leave the pocket and avg 0 runs)
This is a bit odd to me because they definitively fixed this issue with the last patch. I see scrambling QBs scramble all the time in CFM and pocket QBs stay at home unless it is super-obvious that they should run. I have no idea why you are seeing what you are posting here - have you tried doing a clean re-install?
Old 11-28-2015, 08:37 AM   #332
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
It is broken. Not because it's too easy. It's because it's too easy on one level and too hard on another with no in between. If in baseball you had to only face two pitchers every game, hitting off of a Little Leaguer or Clayton Kershaw, I would say that the sport is broken.

You are always going to have different skill levels amongst the player base. Some people find a skill level perfect for them, others will find it impossible. The key is having options and madden just doesn't provide that. They basically provide three levels that are various levels of easiness, and one impossible level.

A game that doesn't right is MLB the show. There are five difficulty levels, and you'll find players who find the right skill level for themselves without sliders most of the time. All-Star plays really well for me, for some it's a veteran, for some HOF, for some legend.

Another thing the show does that Madden should adopt is make the levels harder themselves. Right now the levels are basically " insanely easy", " very easy", "easy", and impossible. Thats your difficulty levels.

As for over exagerating results, Ive lost over 15 straight times on default All Madden. I did win one with heavily adjusted sliders. I have not lost a game oin all pro on default in the last six weeks. Not one game. I dont consider myself a great madden player, heck i stink online. Now granted Ive played far less all pro while trying to get used to all madden, but every single time Ive gone back when All Madden gets frustrating, I quit the game in disgust with a min or two to go so it doesnt count in my franchise because Im blowing the other team out.

Believe me, I wish I got more realistic games, I really do.
Well, I'm not sure what the issue might be for you, you may just need to fiddle with sliders until you receive a happy medium.

I count at least three different slider makers in this thread alone and many others who have followed them and I can state for the first time in 25 years or more, I can play on all-pro without maneuvering sliders much and have competitive games, lose some, win some and challenged on all-pro.

In the old days, we used to call people that could blow away a game vs the cpu thumb jockeys, quicker with the sticks than average.

All I can tell you is that the last patch has helped some of the slider makers adjusting sliders looking for that ultimate balance between user vs cpu. In the past, they would be adjusting sliders till spring/summer of the next Madden release.

The word "broken" is such a over used term, similar to another word that is starred out on OS. That is a very subjective opinion, especially when you state, "too easy on one level, too hard on another level."

My personal opinion you need to adjust sliders to your personal liking.(may take awhile)
Old 11-28-2015, 09:09 AM   #333
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
All I can tell you is that the last patch has helped some of the slider makers adjusting sliders looking for that ultimate balance between user vs cpu. In the past, they would be adjusting sliders till spring/summer of the next Madden release.

The word "broken" is such a over used term, similar to another word that is starred out on OS. That is a very subjective opinion, especially when you state, "too easy on one level, too hard on another level."
Exactly....M15 was darn near "broken" with the QB AI issues causing all of the sacks. M16 has a couple of warts in the gameplay department, but they're easily overcome with various tweaks.

The biggest key with this year's game, irrespective of level, is to get proper lineplay. All the things people complain about (ease/difficulty of run game, pressure on QB, robo QB, QBs not scrambling, etc.) are all tied into not having the line play balanced. Line play should not be static (it should be fluid and dynamic) and pass blocking should form a pocket. If these things are not happening, the line blocking is not balanced....period...that just causes a massive spiral downhill of all of the major gameplay components. The biggest culprits of mis-balanced lineplay:
  • Block sliders too high
  • TAK slider too low in proportion to block sliders
  • Holding slider too high
  • O-line autosub set way lower than D-line autosub
This is all dependent on each of these settings and the skill level you are playing. There a ton of different ways to set things up, but sometimes you just have to go into instant replay and ask yourself, "does this look like what I watch on TV?". If the answer is "no", then something needs to be adjusted.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:02 AM   #334
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
This is a bit odd to me because they definitively fixed this issue with the last patch. I see scrambling QBs scramble all the time in CFM and pocket QBs stay at home unless it is super-obvious that they should run. I have no idea why you are seeing what you are posting here - have you tried doing a clean re-install?
I sure wish I did, so far I've only seen the qbs with the balanced trait scramble upfield. I'd like to see Cam or Russ force me to contain, but they dont.
Another thing I noticed was the coaching suggestions would have more qb contain plays when I had the trait set to pocket or balanced, when I have the trait on scrambling the suggestions didn't call but 1 or 2 contains per gm.
Does anyone care to share a live game vs a scrambling qb? I'd love to watch
Old 11-28-2015, 10:07 AM   #335
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
So I don't understand.

The traits that the QB's have in the game are the exact opposite of what they actually do?
So it seems, Default qb traits dont do what they say they should. I would love to see a live a game vs a cpu controlled scrambling qb, and just track how many times they scramble upfield.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:22 AM   #336
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
So it seems, Default qb traits dont do what they say they should. I would love to see a live a game vs a cpu controlled scrambling qb, and just track how many times they scramble upfield.
I disagree with this...just played a bit versus Wilson this morning with default CFM rosters and he took right off on several plays. I've seen the same from Cam in several games post-patch. I can't stream today, but I will try to get a stream in tomorrow morning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »