Home

Default Slider Support Group

This is a discussion on Default Slider Support Group within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2015, 01:24 PM   #337
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Does anyone know if the ability of the cpu qbs escaping the pocket and scrambling upfield is tied to difficulty?
I'm thinking of testing default for Pro, All-Pro, and All-Madden vs a scrambling qb (Cam, Russ, Kap) and see if the difficulty changes how effective they are at scrambling.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:38 PM   #338
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Mariota killed me yesterday with 8 carries for 69 yards. 3 designed runs, and 5 scrambles, made great throws from the pocket, roll-out throws, threw the ball away, just brilliant plays all around.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:43 PM   #339
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Mariota killed me yesterday with 8 carries for 69 yards. 3 designed runs, and 5 scrambles, made great throws from the pocket, roll-out throws, threw the ball away, just brilliant plays all around.
What difficulty did you play on?
Old 11-28-2015, 01:44 PM   #340
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
What difficulty did you play on?
Default All-Pro.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #341
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I sure wish I did, so far I've only seen the qbs with the balanced trait scramble upfield. I'd like to see Cam or Russ force me to contain, but they dont.
Another thing I noticed was the coaching suggestions would have more qb contain plays when I had the trait set to pocket or balanced, when I have the trait on scrambling the suggestions didn't call but 1 or 2 contains per gm.
Does anyone care to share a live game vs a scrambling qb? I'd love to watch

All the QBs are behaving smartly. I have seen nothing post patch that suggests the scrambling QBs are not scrambling appropriately.

Keep in mind, most current "scrambling" QBs are also decent passers, and teams tend to emphasize "pass first" to keep them healthy. IRL, if the passing lanes are open, it is not unheard of to see them not running that much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2015, 01:54 PM   #342
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Im going to try resetting my sliders to 50/50 in CFM and deleting my profile to see if that helps. Another thing I could do, since I have 32 team control, is changing the playbook and/or priority to a mobile scheme when facing these types of qbs. So far in my CFM I'm playing each game on the schedule, so for the most part I've controlled the mobile qbs, but for those games when both qbs are mobile I will test this out.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:41 PM   #343
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
I would say that but how do you explain players like Cam and Russ staying in the pocket the whole game? I've tested alot of CFM games and the cpu does scramble but not with scrambling qbs.
You can test it by playing vs Cam or any scrambling qb, play them in 3 separate games. 1st w/ the default trait, 2nd w/ pocket, 3rd w/ balanced. You'll see this

Pocket = Balanced(they avg apx 2-3 runs per)
Balanced = scrambling (they will avg. Apx 4-6 runs)
Scramble = pocket (they don't leave the pocket and avg 0 runs)
Yea I would say I dont get it either. I dont personally see this issue, then again...after reviewing your rosters I think EA is literally trying to adopt your methodology. Something felt different playing and using the latest update to the roster as if it were meant to be used with in conjunction with the patch. Who knows...I might be all hoped up on Sugar Bombs (see what I did there ) I just know that my roster I played with and my current CFM...I see what I normally see. Heck...even Rivers got him some which wasnt bad because I left him a HUGE hole. But I knocked big ben out of the game...Vick got nasty with some runs because I didnt spy him. So Scrambling QBs are there. Just not sure what exactely is the tell all to dial in on.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:13 PM   #344
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

So I setup All-Madden default, reset my sliders in CFM to 50/50. Adjusted penalties, fatigue, and injury sliders. Played vs the Panthers(cpu) and Cam did his thing! He ended with 6 rushing atts. For 47yds and sealed the game late in the 4th with a big run on 3rd dwn.
I was actually down 23-0 @ halftime, Seahawks were in a funk the 1st half committing penalties and turnovers at the worst time. Battled back in the 2nd half to make it a game though. This was alot of fun and All-Madden default really played well and forced me to dig deep into my playbook.
Final stats
1448744179915.jpg

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »