Default Slider Support Group - Page 54 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Default Slider Support Group

This is a discussion on Default Slider Support Group within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-04-2016, 11:58 AM   #425
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Default Slider Support Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer5150
I have to give those of you mad props for sticking with default sliders,I have been using several different sliders and ultimately had settled on default AP.....that was until this last patch hit and completely messed up the game for me (and it appears others as well).

I stumbled into this thread hoping to see if others were having success since the last patch,and seen some were,so I thought maybe I was just getting unlucky and decided to AP default another shot....and nope,the game is simply to easy on default now,the cpu has no running game,and the passing game against the cpu is extremely easy as well.
Hey, I sadly must agree 100% with you. Since the last patch, I have tried out every variation I have seen others state they have had success with...assists on, assists off, penalty sliders adjusted, fatigue up, fatigue down, time changes, etc., and nothing changes the fact for me (in Coach Mode, mind you) that there is no challenge anymore in AP against the CPU. As you stated, there's no run game at all for the CPU, and passing is a bit easier now.

The only challenge I found is with All Madden default, however, no surprise, the CPU's offense is too jacked up. Too many big plays for the CPU...you need an All Pro defense at every position to stop them.

In desperation, I tried messing with the game play sliders, but when all I did was increase CPU RB, suddenly there were INTs and sacks all over the place. Yes, the CPU had a good run game with RB = 90, but it negatively impacted other parts of the game play.

So like you, I'm putting down M16 (which overall was the best Madden I've played in years) and waiting for M17. It's less than 3 weeks, but I'm sure I'll still get the shakes from withdrawal.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:43 PM   #426
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but before I set my penalties, settings , etc. I had cleared my game data(went through the updates) and Madden started with the Superbowl(Steelers vs Cards) I thought it was the demo that loaded up lol, anyway I skipped the superbowl stuff, and selected favorite team (as takes you through the tutorial, which I skipped).
After all that, I then setup my setting in the Main menu.
I only modified my penalty sliders in CFM, all the skill sliders, autosubs and assist settings match what I have in Main menu.
When I read the issues guys are having with the latest, it's like they are playing a total different version of M16.
Idk, but it's gotta be something that's totally made their games so easy
Old 08-04-2016, 11:08 PM   #427
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but before I set my penalties, settings , etc. I had cleared my game data(went through the updates) and Madden started with the Superbowl(Steelers vs Cards) I thought it was the demo that loaded up lol, anyway I skipped the superbowl stuff, and selected favorite team (as takes you through the tutorial, which I skipped).
After all that, I then setup my setting in the Main menu.
I only modified my penalty sliders in CFM, all the skill sliders, autosubs and assist settings match what I have in Main menu.
When I read the issues guys are having with the latest, it's like they are playing a total different version of M16.
Idk, but it's gotta be something that's totally made their games so easy
I think that this is always a good suggestion. I would add ensuring that you delete the old tuner too.

I did the same (minus the profile deletion....which I am actually doing now plus a full reinstall). Your setup didn't play bad at all, but the lineplay was a tad on the sticky side for me (albeit, I definitely saw a strong running game from the CPU).

Edit: follow-up...I did the full re-install, deleting everything, including my profile. Then fired up my own sliders....playing terrifically now. Thanks for the reality check skins....you were dead-on the money with the re-install....

Last edited by JoshC1977; 08-05-2016 at 12:37 AM.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:08 PM   #428
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I think that this is always a good suggestion. I would add ensuring that you delete the old tuner too.

I did the same (minus the profile deletion....which I am actually doing now plus a full reinstall). Your setup didn't play bad at all, but the lineplay was a tad on the sticky side for me (albeit, I definitely saw a strong running game from the CPU).

Edit: follow-up...I did the full re-install, deleting everything, including my profile. Then fired up my own sliders....playing terrifically now. Thanks for the reality check skins....you were dead-on the money with the re-install....
THATs awesomeness! I know it's helped yours and others sets before. I'm really having to work to get sacks, YES, you will still have a 4, 5, 6 sack game every once in awhile but not as easily.

I also have the player progression set to every 4weeks.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:10 PM   #429
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

I hate adjusting sliders, so count me in the "default camp". Unfortunately I'm in the All Pro is too easy, All Madden is impossible camp as well.

I'm hoping this years Madden has a harder All Pro, and easier All Madden, or both. Chances of either though are quite unlikely. I was really really hoping for a intermediate difficulty between the two, or the ability to have separate offense and defensive difficulties (because all madden on offense and all pro on defense would be a GREAT game). Since none of this happened, I got to thinking, is anything going to save this game from my yearly experience of giving up after 1-2 seasons when my team is unstoppable on All Pro, or 0-16 on All Madden?

And that's when I realized that the "play the moment" feature may be a god send this year. While I'd prefer to play the entire game and have it be a challenge, I realize its not going to happen this year. So perhaps, by simming and only playing part of the game will help to balance out the stats and chance of losing? This is probably the only hope for some of us in a similar situation, at least until EA finally gives us separate O/D difficulties.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:24 PM   #430
MVP

SpaceBoyXVII's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
And that's when I realized that the "play the moment" feature may be a god send this year. While I'd prefer to play the entire game and have it be a challenge, I realize its not going to happen this year. So perhaps, by simming and only playing part of the game will help to balance out the stats and chance of losing?
This is going to boost my interest in Franchise mode this year. I hope they added it to Play Now too. Can't wait to Tuesday!
Old 08-19-2016, 12:04 AM   #431
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Played a few games. No difference at all in the default difficulties IMO. All Pro is still way too easy to pass on, you can score at will. All Madden is still impossible to play defense on. Plan on giving up 10 yards a carry and having the CPU complete 90% of their passes...

Play the Moment definitely helped. Still got killed on All Madden, but on All Pro, the games were much closer. I actually lost a shootout. The mode would be perfect if they patch it. The normal sim mode is fine, but boring. If you put it on "slow" its awesome, because you basically watch the game as a sim in real time from a broadcast, then jump in during specific moments. My gripe is that its TOO SLOW. If they could speed it up, basically cutting out all the time in between the plays (I don't need to see the huddle or replays in sim), then this would be PERFECT.
Old 08-19-2016, 12:24 PM   #432
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I hate adjusting sliders, so count me in the "default camp". Unfortunately I'm in the All Pro is too easy, All Madden is impossible camp as well.

I'm hoping this years Madden has a harder All Pro, and easier All Madden, or both. Chances of either though are quite unlikely. I was really really hoping for a intermediate difficulty between the two, or the ability to have separate offense and defensive difficulties (because all madden on offense and all pro on defense would be a GREAT game). Since none of this happened, I got to thinking, is anything going to save this game from my yearly experience of giving up after 1-2 seasons when my team is unstoppable on All Pro, or 0-16 on All Madden?

And that's when I realized that the "play the moment" feature may be a god send this year. While I'd prefer to play the entire game and have it be a challenge, I realize its not going to happen this year. So perhaps, by simming and only playing part of the game will help to balance out the stats and chance of losing? This is probably the only hope for some of us in a similar situation, at least until EA finally gives us separate O/D difficulties.
With my playtime on madden 17 in CFM so far (ea access), All Pro is definitely more challenging and CPU makes better decisions. Slight tweaks are the most for me. I broadcast my tests on twitch, user name is: hunkerdownuga
If interesting in giving feedback or seeing game in action in cfm test.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »