Default Slider Support Group - Page 57 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Default Slider Support Group

This is a discussion on Default Slider Support Group within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-30-2016, 10:09 AM   #449

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Default Slider Support Group

I'm primarily default, lowered User QB Accuracy to 45 and CPU QB Accuracy to 49 and thats it, everything else is default. Im sitting 2-4 with my Niners after just losing a heart breaking game at Buffalo 27-24 thanks to turning it over 5 times while Buffalo turned it over 3. I'm very much enjoying the feel of the game this year more then any year in recent memory, I'm starting to tinker with the speed threshold slider as Ive got that at 40 but that might go back to 50 in the end anyways. Ive seen the CPU break off long TD runs, had Sammy Watkins haul in a deep pass on me last game and take it to the house, the CPU just seems much more intelligent this year for the most part. Once they patch the QB scrambling issue the game will be near perfect for myself.
Old 08-30-2016, 10:18 AM   #450
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 50

I am pretty close to default. I lowered both Hum/CPU QB accuracy to 25. Lowered Hum/CPU INT to 35 and Bumped cpu run blocking to 55. Edit: changed some special teams items too.

I did make injuries 53 as well as fatigue and drop speed threshold to 45, other than penalties, everything else is default.

One thing and it is a small sample size. But I swear the CPU QB accuracy has been more on point at 25 than it was when I had it on default.

I guess I am not default, but tired of messing with them or finding the right set. I'm 4 games in and enjoying myself. I'll make small tweaks if I need to.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited by Brandwin; 08-30-2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:32 PM   #451
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
I am pretty close to default. I lowered both Hum/CPU QB accuracy to 25. Lowered Hum/CPU INT to 35 and Bumped cpu run blocking to 55. Edit: changed some special teams items too.

I did make injuries 53 as well as fatigue and drop speed threshold to 45, other than penalties, everything else is default.

One thing and it is a small sample size. But I swear the CPU QB accuracy has been more on point at 25 than it was when I had it on default.

I guess I am not default, but tired of messing with them or finding the right set. I'm 4 games in and enjoying myself. I'll make small tweaks if I need to.

From my experiences in the past, dropping the QB Accuracy slider for the CPU made them more accurate. The reason? They tended to throw shorter, safer passes. With the slider closer to or at 50, you'll see the CPU QB make more intermediate throws and take some deep shots down the field.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:58 PM   #452

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
From my experiences in the past, dropping the QB Accuracy slider for the CPU made them more accurate. The reason? They tended to throw shorter, safer passes. With the slider closer to or at 50, you'll see the CPU QB make more intermediate throws and take some deep shots down the field.
Agreed 100%, seemed like the CPU suddenly was gun shy so they became Capt. Checkdown and thus inflated their completion percentages anyways.

As for sliders I changed...

User QB Accuracy (45)
CPU QB Accuracy (49)
Injuries (52)
Fatigue (55)
Speed Threshold (40)

The rest are just penalty slider tweaks so pretty much everything is default and Im getting solid results.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:02 PM   #453
Hall Of Fame

Any thoughts on rushing. I had it at 52 run block 45 threshold and was running at will (Cowboys) but default the defense hits me before I can get back to line. On flip I had cpu run block at 53 and they were going for 150+ trying to find that sweet spot.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:17 PM   #454
Just started!

OVR: 0

For those of you that are using default all-pro,what quarter length and run down provides best results?
Old 08-30-2016, 01:22 PM   #455
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodrunsblue
For those of you that are using default all-pro,what quarter length and run down provides best results?
I've been using 15 min quarters and 15 second run off, but I might lower to 13. That's what I played last year. I don't get as many plays in, but I feel like offensive stats are more on par and not inflated.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:22 PM   #456

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandwin
Any thoughts on rushing. I had it at 52 run block 45 threshold and was running at will (Cowboys) but default the defense hits me before I can get back to line. On flip I had cpu run block at 53 and they were going for 150+ trying to find that sweet spot.

I got a question for you, well besides how on earth are you playing as Dallas when youre a Niners fan but I digress, do you notice a big difference in speed threshold settings? I went straight from default to 40 and I see youre at 45 so made me curious. Ive seen multiple guys here on OS mention not lowering it as it allows defenders to stay with the offense more but that makes zero sense, if my defender is slower then the receiver then I would think having this lower would magnify that and open the game up some not tighten it up.

As for rushing, Ive got it at default myself and have zero issues with the running game on either side.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »