Home

i discovered matching player type with scheme releastic gameplay

This is a discussion on i discovered matching player type with scheme releastic gameplay within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2016, 05:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
i discovered matching player type with scheme releastic gameplay

Match players style with scheme in cfm... Realism...try it out put on pro default....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 07:02 PM   #2
Banned

Re: i discovered matching player type with scheme releastic gameplay

does this affect sim stats ?
Old 10-11-2016, 08:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

There has been some discussion about this and the impact it may or may not have. It does appear to impact some positions (such as QB/RB) and may impact others (WR/K). I was really hoping it would have a major impact on the OL, but sadly it doesn't seem to. More testing is needed to see what impact it may have on other positions.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:46 PM   #4
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
There has been some discussion about this and the impact it may or may not have. It does appear to impact some positions (such as QB/RB) and may impact others (WR/K). I was really hoping it would have a major impact on the OL, but sadly it doesn't seem to. More testing is needed to see what impact it may have on other positions.
I did this with D81SKINS sliders last year and it worked excellent. Especially QB, going to #1 reciever. Tried it this year and my ps4 froze.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2016, 06:34 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
I did this with D81SKINS sliders last year and it worked excellent. Especially QB, going to #1 reciever. Tried it this year and my ps4 froze.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I'm xBox One so not sure this will work, I too had the same problem with freezes until I started going all the was back to the beginning of the Scheme menu. Don't know why, but it seemed to work. Try it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2016, 01:34 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
I'm xBox One so not sure this will work, I too had the same problem with freezes until I started going all the was back to the beginning of the Scheme menu. Don't know why, but it seemed to work. Try it.
I just flip to another teams schemes and it has never frozen so far.

just how should I set my schemes to help sim stats ?

and how can we more evenly distribute HB carries ?

I kinda think that logic is tied to which team you use, rather than user preference.
Old 10-14-2016, 11:47 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu32
I just flip to another teams schemes and it has never frozen so far.

just how should I set my schemes to help sim stats ?

and how can we more evenly distribute HB carries ?

I kinda think that logic is tied to which team you use, rather than user preference.
As to your question about setting schemes to help sim stats, I really don't have a good answer for you. At this point I'm not really paying attention to stats as I'm focused on the way the game plays and how various players play. Its been said that the game doesn't seem to have a "soul", not much difference in how various teams and players play.

So far, I've found that we can get CPU controlled QBs & HBs to play more to their abilities and real life tendencies by assigning a certain player style in the coaches menu. We can also influence how a team plays by assigning certain play books and adjusting team schemes.

As an example, in one game I played the PIT. Roethlisberger was hurt and Gradkowski was the backup. He has a very week arm, so I set the team to a more run orientation and set the QB to WEST COAST. PIT ran the ball more and Gradkowski went for shorter underneath passes.

As for distributing HB carries, I don't see schemes as being able to affect that outside of having the scheme set to where a team runs more.

I've been trying to see if schemes have an affect on WR play as well as OL. To this point I haven't really seen anything I can say for sure as to OL play. I'm also trying to see what the effects are on DEF play. I have seen that if you set the DEF scheme to say ATTACKING 4-3 as opposed to BASE 4-3, teams will blitz more. Much more needed to see if there are any useful trends.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:50 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

Team Schemes have for a long time impacted game play and I believe sim stats, too. I remember back with Head Coach 09 they did, too. But I can't speak to player types. I haven't bought into the theory that setting HB to Power would make someone like a Chris Johnson act like a power back. It could be right, but I have not seen anyone present any data or video or anything that proves it. Only anecdotal feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »