Home

MADDEN 16 Realistic Slider Set (ALL-PRO)

This is a discussion on MADDEN 16 Realistic Slider Set (ALL-PRO) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 01:03 PM   #985
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MADDEN 16 Realistic Slider Set (ALL-PRO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
One other thing I was to bring up, I'm wondering if the increase of threshold and the game speed have had some affect on the autosubs. Saw a lot of guys going orange or red after halftime and they never seemed to fully recover.

Appreciate your analysis and feedback as always man. I haven't played let alone turned my system on in 3 days LOL. But I'll get in a couple later today and take in consideration hat you said (injuries, threshold etc) and look to make a couple adjustments and test. I'll look to report back hopefully tonight but for sure tomorrow.

Happy football Sunday guys. Enjoy the games!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #986
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiamcb
Appreciate your analysis and feedback as always man. I haven't played let alone turned my system on in 3 days LOL. But I'll get in a couple later today and take in consideration hat you said (injuries, threshold etc) and look to make a couple adjustments and test. I'll look to report back hopefully tonight but for sure tomorrow.

Happy football Sunday guys. Enjoy the games!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey man, Happy Sunday! I managed to get in another game last night, Raiders/Browns, for some reason Austin was the starting QB for Cleveland. Some game notes; Carr sacked 3 times, did not get to Austin at all so I have a total of only 3 sacks in 3 games but I am getting some pressure. Saw Austin pull the ball down and run for a TD on 3 and goal from the 7. I got another pick 6 and have 6 INTS on the year, Carr has thrown 5. I had my first 100 yd rushing game with Murray. Cleveland faked a punt and ran for a first down, very cool to see the CPU do this.

The more I play the more I am liking the SLOW speed and 48 threshold. Game is really playing well, gameplay wise I would be hard pressed to find much fault, very realistic and enjoyable games. Everything about the passing game is really excellent, QB %, INTS, coverage, catches, sacks, pressure, QB mobility, really really love what I'm seeing! The run game has been challenging for both sides but not to a point where it is unrealistic and I am seeing broken tackles, tackles for a loss, some long runs, some moving of the pile, just a great variety of stuff. The overall stats are looking really good too.

If I'm forced to complain about anything it would be lack injuries (I still have none through 3 games now), lack of fumbles (I've seen one in 3 games and that was by Carr on a sack), and auto subs (this has to be the fatigue, Murray was red with 2 minutes left in the first quarter, on the bright side I have not seen anyone disappear). The only other thing is FG power, I think elite kickers like Janikowski should be able to hit at least like 50% of 50+ yd FGs, I may just bump this up a point or 2.

Has anyone else noticed so some funny and weird stuff from the commentary? I have heard on numerous occasions the announcers call the wrong names, and not just the wrong name but names of guys on completely different teams and that don't even play the same position! For instance in my game against the Browns, Jim Nance called Carr Odell Beckham??? WTH??? And when one of the DBs for Cleveland picked off Carr he called the DB Ertz, the TE for the Eagles?? I could care less about this stuff and it in no way detracts from the fun I am having playing the game this year, it is just comical and kind of sad that in 2015 this sort of thing still happens.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 09-27-2015, 09:51 PM   #987
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Played another game this evening (Raiders@Bears, lost 16-28) with the following changes. Same for User/CPU.

FUM 45
FGP 54
INJ 62
FAT 66

Saw 2 fumbles, both by the QBs, that's the only ones I ever see and lowering the FUM slider more just seems to cause more of those and still nothing from RBs and WRs. Didn't attempt any long FGs so can't comment on that change yet. Still no injures at 62 and still seeing guys go orange and red and never fully recover, Murray (my RB) was orange the entire second half, as was most of my o-line.

Though I've gotten used to the Slow speed/48 threshold and like the way it plays I'm still not sure I can endorse it, I am just seeing little things that bother me that I wasn't seeing before that change. The most glaring is the random appearing of the "deer in the headlights QB". After a solid game last time, while still taking 3 sacks, Carr again had several instances this game where he just stood there for a ridiculous amount of time until getting sacked, 6 times in all. He seems to refuse to run or throw the ball away. Chicago is not a good team on the D line or in the secondary but their relentless pressure lead to 3 INTs as well. I really can't figure out why that change would affect the QB that way but things don't always make sense with Madden.

The FAT issue is bothering me too, for my starting RB to be red in the first qtr without having done much work is not very realistic and I'm still seeing it despite dropping the FAT back to 66. But I think the 2 main issues I'd like to correct are QB "awareness" and injuries. The fumbles is what it is, I just don't think you can get a realistic amount of fumbles for other players without causing the QB to fumble on every sack so I will just accept that. And in all honesty I'm not really overly concerned with the auto subs, though guys are orange I haven't seen anyone disappear or seen wholesale substitutions so I can live with that too. Maybe I will go back to very slow and 47 and see if I'm seeing these same things, unless you have some other suggestion. The only other thing I can think of is removing the tuner, but everything I've read says reinstalling it after the patch has the game playing great so I'm not sure that would make a difference.

Again, I am being very nit picky with this stuff and maybe I'm being a bit greedy too, but that's only because I think we are soooo close to having this play the best, most realistic video football game we have ever seen!

Old 09-28-2015, 09:54 AM   #988
Rookie

Miguelaveli's Arena

Hey Last Gunfighter,

To give you an idea of how i am set up playing madden CFM.

-i reinstalled new tuner and deleted old. it fixed the "qb always scrambling" when play was broken. (it was funny watching peyton manning run.)

-to address your qb awareness, which was my problem as well. i got many "deer in headlights" sacks and it was frustrating. i had mentioned earlier that i raised my player qb acc +1(25 to 26) from the OP. basically matching what the cpu qb acc has.

to paint my picture better of this +1 player qb acc, i will go into my scenario's i went through in my CFM with the Texans.

I had given Hoyer the start, but first game he threw 3 int's. i took him out for week 2 and ran with mallet for the next 7 weeks(he played better than hoyer slightly). i can tell you that soon as i did +1 to player qb acc the following happened. the "deer in headlights sacks" went away, had more throws on the run when the line couldnt hold blocks and even some throw aways.

It was awesome to see this change. Now what happened next was that Mallet got injured for 5 weeks. i gave hoyer a chance again and even though he didnt take sacks he still was erratic with his throws. so i put in Savage(3rd string)...and he played phenomenal for 4 weeks(going 3-1) ! so much that i wasnt sure what to do with mallet when he comes back from injuries. haha.

this was also done with game speed slow and threshold change to 48.

I do want to mention that sacks absolutely happen, cause sometimes a good player will get through really fast and the play is in development, the qb tries to make a small move to buy some time and at times just barely gets rid of the ball and others he just gets smashed. but at least its not "deer headlights sacks".

I personally love the slider set. I am not sure how your game is not giving you the injuries, but i am getting them. early in the season i had like 5 starters injured(i am now in week 12 of year 1), some were short 2-3 weeks and others were like 5-7 weeks.

the auto subs are working, i just make sure every week before i play that game, i check with my coach auto subs to set them up in case they get reset. but so far they've locked in place.

From one maddenite to another, hope this shed some light.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:23 AM   #989
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguelaveli
Hey Last Gunfighter,

To give you an idea of how i am set up playing madden CFM.

-i reinstalled new tuner and deleted old. it fixed the "qb always scrambling" when play was broken. (it was funny watching peyton manning run.)

-to address your qb awareness, which was my problem as well. i got many "deer in headlights" sacks and it was frustrating. i had mentioned earlier that i raised my player qb acc +1(25 to 26) from the OP. basically matching what the cpu qb acc has.

to paint my picture better of this +1 player qb acc, i will go into my scenario's i went through in my CFM with the Texans.

I had given Hoyer the start, but first game he threw 3 int's. i took him out for week 2 and ran with mallet for the next 7 weeks(he played better than hoyer slightly). i can tell you that soon as i did +1 to player qb acc the following happened. the "deer in headlights sacks" went away, had more throws on the run when the line couldnt hold blocks and even some throw aways.

It was awesome to see this change. Now what happened next was that Mallet got injured for 5 weeks. i gave hoyer a chance again and even though he didnt take sacks he still was erratic with his throws. so i put in Savage(3rd string)...and he played phenomenal for 4 weeks(going 3-1) ! so much that i wasnt sure what to do with mallet when he comes back from injuries. haha.

this was also done with game speed slow and threshold change to 48.

I do want to mention that sacks absolutely happen, cause sometimes a good player will get through really fast and the play is in development, the qb tries to make a small move to buy some time and at times just barely gets rid of the ball and others he just gets smashed. but at least its not "deer headlights sacks".

I personally love the slider set. I am not sure how your game is not giving you the injuries, but i am getting them. early in the season i had like 5 starters injured(i am now in week 12 of year 1), some were short 2-3 weeks and others were like 5-7 weeks.

the auto subs are working, i just make sure every week before i play that game, i check with my coach auto subs to set them up in case they get reset. but so far they've locked in place.

From one maddenite to another, hope this shed some light.
Hey Miguelavel, thanks for the input, I had deleted and reinstalled the tuner after the patch before starting my CFM. I'm not sure what's up with the injuries, maybe I am just getting really lucky, through 8 games (4 preseason and 4 regular season) I have had 2 guys go down with "Medium Risk" injuries and both came back in the same game and never even made it to the injury list.

With the QB awareness thing I raise QB ACC to 26 as was suggested and am still seeing the deer in the headlights but it's not every game. The first game Carr was a statue and was sacked 6 times by the Bengals, I would say maybe 2 were legit. The next game against the Ravens he only took 2 sacks and seemed to move around well, he was like a different QB. He played well again in game 3 against the Browns where he was sacked 3 times but they were all realistic, I think 2 were on blitzes. Then game four against a terrible Bears team he goes back to doing his best "Drew Bledsoe" impersonation and gets sacked 6 times with only 1 coming on a blitz.

I never saw this kind of inconsistent behavior from the QB in my previous test CFM, admittedly it was with Brees and I would expect him to have better pocket presence but this was blatant just standing there waiting to get sacked. LOL, I was yelling at the TV "Throw the $%^ ball away...nothing and he gets drilled. I'm at a loss with this because it's not every game, maybe it's just part of having a young QB. Perhaps I should crank up a new CFM with the Saints using the same settings and see if Brees has the same problems on these settings.

On a different note I was reading some stuff last night on Playmakers thread about fumbles and the TAK slider. He suggest reducing it to see more fumbles. I may try this since lowering the FUM slider just seems to cause more QB fumbles. An added perk of this might be better movement by the QB, at least that is what I gathered from reading his threads.

So I might be looking to drop TAK to 40 and leave FUM at 46. Of course there is suppose to be another patch coming soon which may muck up everything, who knows.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:24 AM   #990
Rookie

My league has played 3 games using these sliders, with 2 of the games being huge blowouts in favor of the user teams. Should we jump to All Madden or continue to tweak the ones published here? Anyone else struggling with the difficulty being too easy and/or unrealistic?
Old 09-28-2015, 10:37 AM   #991
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewstheme
My league has played 3 games using these sliders, with 2 of the games being huge blowouts in favor of the user teams. Should we jump to All Madden or continue to tweak the ones published here? Anyone else struggling with the difficulty being too easy and/or unrealistic?
I'm not having a problem with them being too easy. Remember, these are intended for Coach Mode for the most part so if you control a lot of the players that may be why your having issues with them.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 11:00 AM   #992
MVP

Teleo's Arena

I am currently 4-0 with the Dolphins in my ccm and have been playing strictly coach mode with the changes to slow and 48 threshold. My first 3 games were competitive and then I just blew out the Bills...there is no way in real life I could have done that. I'm going to switch to all-madden to see what type of challenge I get. Also, I use booker21 ccm workaround...have a great day guys!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »