Home

Need help with user pass coverage…

This is a discussion on Need help with user pass coverage… within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2023, 07:53 PM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
Need help with user pass coverage…

So I’m currently playing Madden 23 on Xbox one and this is the first Madden game I have purchased in years. I’m having an absolute blast with the game but every time I tinker with the user pass coverage it throws everything off. The CPU QB completes way way way to many passes each game. I play on all madden and I’m just wondering besides the obvious changes of CPU QB accuracy and user pass coverage and reaction time, is there anything else I can do to tighten up coverage? Does defensive pass interference play a role? Does having ball hawk on or off play a role? I’ve made it through 2 seasons and I don’t mind losing as I’m slowly rebuilding the Texans but when the CPU QB becomes impossible to stop, it ruins the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2023, 08:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need help with user pass coverage…

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
So I’m currently playing Madden 23 on Xbox one and this is the first Madden game I have purchased in years. I’m having an absolute blast with the game but every time I tinker with the user pass coverage it throws everything off. The CPU QB completes way way way to many passes each game. I play on all madden and I’m just wondering besides the obvious changes of CPU QB accuracy and user pass coverage and reaction time, is there anything else I can do to tighten up coverage? Does defensive pass interference play a role? Does having ball hawk on or off play a role? I’ve made it through 2 seasons and I don’t mind losing as I’m slowly rebuilding the Texans but when the CPU QB becomes impossible to stop, it ruins the game.

To tell you the truth, the speed parity/threshold slider has always had the biggest effect on coverage. Try it between 95-99 for the best result. I prefer tight windows because the NFL is a game of inches. I hope this works for you
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 02-04-2023, 07:37 AM   #3
Pro

sabres32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
To tell you the truth, the speed parity/threshold slider has always had the biggest effect on coverage. Try it between 95-99 for the best result. I prefer tight windows because the NFL is a game of inches. I hope this works for you

Thank you I’ll try

Old 02-04-2023, 07:29 PM   #4
Rookie

I agree ... speed parity between 95 -97 is best range for pass coverage and pursuit angles also ur coaching adjustments have alot with how your defenders cover for example i play with chargers so if im facing LV or KC i run alot of hole and robber so i can have derwin james man up waller or kelce so i outside shade my dbs since i have help over the middle with my robber and a individually shade the TE based on formation alignment. Also i play man alignment db play ball or swatball and zone adjustments set to match
Old 02-04-2023, 09:50 PM   #5
Pro

sabres32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheek
I agree ... speed parity between 95 -97 is best range for pass coverage and pursuit angles also ur coaching adjustments have alot with how your defenders cover for example i play with chargers so if im facing LV or KC i run alot of hole and robber so i can have derwin james man up waller or kelce so i outside shade my dbs since i have help over the middle with my robber and a individually shade the TE based on formation alignment. Also i play man alignment db play ball or swatball and zone adjustments set to match

Do you play on Xbox one?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2023, 04:42 PM   #6
Rookie

what do you have your user coverage at
Old 02-05-2023, 07:06 PM   #7
Pro

sabres32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by narvemr4394
what do you have your user coverage at

I had it at 75 pass reaction and 75 pass coverage and the CPU QB pass accuracy was only at 10 and they were pretty much perfect on all madden. This is why I figured there has to be something more to pass coverage. If I get the CPU passing game in check then I’m on my way to the most fun in madden that I’ve had in awhile. I’m sort of happy I don’t have the new gen consoles because it seems worse on them.

Old 02-05-2023, 07:41 PM   #8
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
I had it at 75 pass reaction and 75 pass coverage and the CPU QB pass accuracy was only at 10 and they were pretty much perfect on all madden. This is why I figured there has to be something more to pass coverage. If I get the CPU passing game in check then I’m on my way to the most fun in madden that I’ve had in awhile. I’m sort of happy I don’t have the new gen consoles because it seems worse on them.

Reaction and coverage sliders are 2 of the most unresponsive sliders that I've come across in Madden (other than penalties).

I was playing on the PS4 and I had tried all kinds of different settings and nothing worked, so taking the advice from last year I believe it was, I upped speed parity to 95 (am now using 97) matched with cpu QB acc on 7 was able to get better rsults.

I just recently got a Series S, and the first thing I did was raise parity to 97 and left everything else default on AM, and it played pretty good.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »