Home

Team Ratings for Slider Testing (Vikings Best)

This is a discussion on Team Ratings for Slider Testing (Vikings Best) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Team Ratings for Slider Testing (Vikings Best)

So before I went for a deep dive into testing out slider sets I thought it would be important to get an idea of where each team stood in relation to the various sliders. My methodology for looking at these ratings is not an exact science as other ratings factor in and you can't truly determine by one attribute but it does give you an idea of which teams are elite in certain areas (ie Cowboys Run Block).

First things first here is the link to the raw data.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=884251885

Most of the ratings have an explanation of how the score for each team was determined but I will also break it down here.

QB Accuracy - Originally I was just going to use the accuracy rating. However, I would say the majority of people who tweak sliders want to get the qb passing correct first and foremost. So I used all 3 accuracy ratings of the starting qb. This gives more weight to qb accuracy in the overall team rating.

Run Blocking - Averaged the RBK rating of the top overall LT, LG, C, RG, RT on each team.

WR Catch - Averaged the CTH rating of the top 4 WR's, TE, and top CTH rating amongst RBs on the team.

Pass Blocking - Averaged the PBK rating of the top overall LT, LG, C, RG, RT on each team.

Fumble - Averaged the CAR rating of the starting QB, top 3 RBs, top 3 WRs, and top TE on each team.

Pass Defense Reaction Time - Averaged the PRC rating of the top LE, RE, LOLB, MLB, ROLB, CB1, CB2, CB3, FS, SS on each team.

Interception - Averaged the CTH rating of the MLB, CB1, CB2, CB3, FS, SS on each team.

Pass Coverage - Averaged the MCV/ZCV rating of the MLB, CB1, CB2, CB3, FS, SS on each team.

Tackle - Averaged the TCK rating of LE, RE, DT, LOLB, MLB, ROLB, FS, SS on each team.

Kickers/Punters - Self explanatory. I did think of not including them but in the end all of them have high ratings so I do not think it skews the data.

So with that said here are the top 4 teams to use when slider testing. They are the most neutral.

15. Vikings
16. Jets
17. Browns
18. Texans

If you are getting dominated with the following teams you may have made your sliders too hard.

1. Cowboys
2. Patriots
3. Ravens
4. Packers

Likewise if you are dominating with these teams you may have made your sliders too easy.

29. Bears
30. Buccaneers
31. Jaguars
32. 49ers

Happy Madden Season!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2015, 03:01 PM   #2
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Team Ratings for Slider Testing (Vikings Best)

This is great info. I will for sure be using this in my testing.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Team Ratings for Slider Testing (Vikings Best)

Actually created a thread a few years ago with the averages along those lines but I prefer it be more of a Player ratings average from top to bottom for the entire league which is a lengthy process....

I don't think the true catch rating should be the deciding factor for Wr Catch slider because CIT is just as important in terms of getting realistic play....

As for QBA there is a way to make Madden a better overall experience but it require a QBA Chart to be developed for all QB's or at the minimum the starting QB's for each teams.

Then you would adjust the QBA slider on a game by game basis....it renders terrific results especially for the CPU QB's

Personally now I think FBG ratings fixes this problem without developing a chart

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »