My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feature) - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feature)

This is a discussion on My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feature) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-03-2015, 10:29 PM   #9
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feat

I completely agree, player lock is the only way I play to get the best experience and gameplay. Player lock plus my very own slider set is almost perfect..

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 09-04-2015, 02:56 AM   #10
Rookie

tito2380's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feat

I gave this idea a shot on all-pro default sliders and the only sliders I adjusted were the penalty and auto-subs (that still doesn't rotate players like it should). I must say that I have really enjoyed the games so far. Every year I seem to get caught up in "slideritis" and it feels good to just leave the sliders as they are and still have a challenging game.

LSU Tigers

New Orleans Pelicans

Los Angeles Lakers
Old 09-04-2015, 09:25 PM   #11
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

Holy hell its been years since I seen u on the boards..

Sent from my broken iPhone using my data I can't afford

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 09:58 PM   #12
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Color me intrigued, I'm already having great games w/ default AP and this just sounds like it would add to the immersion. I will test it out in my next game, Packers(me) vs Bears and I will do my best not to play qb, no promises but it would be nice to see A-Rod being A-Rod and me just being 1 part of the teams results.

Good stuff bro!
Old 09-04-2015, 10:24 PM   #13
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5

Nice to get some positive feedback here!
I actually have been lurking a bit lately...

It was really nice to see Playmakers up on these boards, I will say that out of all of the guys up here that work so hard and do such wonderful work on getting the game to really play a "sim" style, and not "arcade", it is he that I pretty much have the same philosophy and approach to getting the game to play properly...

Just like the original "Manifesto", it's all about the math, i.e. Ratings being the place you need to start from in order to find the "base of the game". Once you find the base, it's all really easy to get to where you want to be.

I am playing the game EXCLUSIVELY on Player Lock now with a set of sliders that have taken all of the "steroids" out of the game. Once you get everybody playing to their ratings, then it is super simple to tweak the threshold slider to separate the men from the boys.

The other thing is that, just like in Madden's past, and the Manifesto Philosophy, once the sliders are truly at a "balanced" base state, the playbooks will come alive for you. What I mean by that is that once the sliders (including fatigue, auto subs, speed parity) are balanced with the ratings of the players so that the sliders are not boosting or reducing any area's of the player ratings, then the Playbooks and Coaching Schemes really reveal themselves.

A good way for you to know that your sliders are balanced is by just looking at the plays that the CPU wants you to use. If the Plays that it is telling you to use are all the same, or the same 5 or 6 plays all of the time on offense, then that is a HUGE indicator that your sliders are not balanced with the Player Ratings. I keep hearing guys say that the CPU is stupid, or the play calling is "broke". I do not believe that to be the case. It is that the game is released out of the box, and delivered in it's "default" form to be played against other humans online. EA has to this day not released a "mode" of the game that is truly "un-juiced" and just ratings based, designed to be played HUM vs CPU. That is why we have to do it ourselves.

I will be seeing more of you guys!
Old 09-05-2015, 05:32 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Can you share your slider settings? I would like to see how different they play vs the set I am using.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #15
Rookie

tito2380's Arena

OVR: 1

Sm27: what fatigue, auto sub and speed parity are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSU Tigers

New Orleans Pelicans

Los Angeles Lakers
Old 09-06-2015, 02:11 AM   #16
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovitz
Can you share your slider settings? I would like to see how different they play vs the set I am using.
I am just running one last base test and then I will be posting them up tomorrow....Cheers!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »