My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feature) - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feature)

This is a discussion on My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feature) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-06-2015, 05:56 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feat

I like the idea of this but I'm really struggling with the camera angles when locked onto a player, I wish we could have the choice of angles and still lock onto a player.
Old 09-06-2015, 02:48 PM   #18
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: My eyes are opened...The real way to play "no switch".....(hint, PLAYER LOCK feat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityColt
I like the idea of this but I'm really struggling with the camera angles when locked onto a player, I wish we could have the choice of angles and still lock onto a player.
I've been playing "no switch" defense forever. Once you train yourself to not switch, it becomes really easy. It's definitely rewarding. Reading the play and making the correct read. Interceptions are exciting, and feel authentic because you made the play, instead of the cpu getting in the right position and you quickly change to that player and make the catch, that always felt cheap to me.

I haven't tried player lock on offense. I never user catch, but definitely going to give it a try. I wish there was the ability to player lock on special teams. As of right now, I use the no switch rule.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Fire Pro Wrestling World (PC)
Old 09-06-2015, 04:22 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I would love to do this on Offense but I loathe the camera. I'm content just doing regular ol auto pass coach mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-07-2015, 08:17 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm27
I am just running one last base test and then I will be posting them up tomorrow....Cheers!
Thanks. I will search them out.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:37 PM   #21
Rookie

I just reset everything to default all-pro. Running 12min, 18sec runoff, slow, every assist on, fatigue at 60, injury at 54, threshold at 42. And a pretty basic autosub. Just going to start my first game vikings(me) vs. Falcons. Im not going to play QB at all or DL. Ill let you know how frustrated im am afterwards. Lol i do think this will make the game play great though, and ill post results

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2015, 11:36 PM   #22
Rookie

Well the game was definately different. I played mainly FS and MLB on defense, a couple plays at CB, then on offense I played only WR TE and FB. Matt ryan threw for around 250 yards with 1td and 2int's. Amad Bradshaw ran for 68 yards.
1/1 FG

Teddy bridgewater threw for 305 yards with 2td's and 3int's. Tevin Coleman ran for 168 yards. Harrison smith made both picks (thanks to my lock down coverage lol) 2/2 FG

Final score was 20-10.

Overall the game was fun, I dont know if I did something wrong or if the vikes defense is just that good at pass rushing, I had 6 sacks on matt ryan (2 user on a mlb blitz) while the falcons only had 1 sack. I do like playing this way though, the animations never really showed up for me though because most of the plays were away from me and the plays that did go towards me on D I was able to jump the route or fill the gap with help. I love playing this way, just need a few small adjustments on the sliders and it should be great. It was one of the first lower scoring games ive had on m16 so far.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:00 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Player lock is awesome and I am having a lot of fun with it. Started a franchise with my Chiefs and this is how I am doing it.
I only play as a top 3 overall on my offense /defense. (Non-oline).
So on offense for week 1 I randomized each play to play as Jamaal Charles, Travis Kelce, or Jeremy Maclin on offense. And Justin Houston, Sean Smith, or Dontarie Poe on Defense.

I really like this because when I make a big play as a user I am using a star player on my team. e.g. I was using Kelce and he was supposed to run a 10 yard in route, well the SS blitzed and I just ran up field and called for the ball and made a 20 yard gain. It felt nice because it was a highly rated player making a play.

For week 2 Jeremy Maclin got hurt so alex Smith was added to my 3 man rotation. It really emphasizes building a good team around your stars.

Been having good results and a lot of fun!
Old 09-08-2015, 08:36 PM   #24
Rookie

Just ran another game heres the results(reminder I do not play qb or hb at all. Nor do i play and d line.)

Vikings(me) 40
Offense
Teddy Bridgewater: 35/41 410yards 85% completion. 4 td's 0 int's
Tevin Coleman: 25 att, 101 yards 1 td
Charles Johnson: 9 rec, 145 yards 1 td.
Jarius wright had 3 td's.

Defense
Eric Kendricks: 8 total tackles(3tfl)
Everson griffen: 4 total tackles, 3 sacks. There was a total of 6 sacks made by the vikes.
There wasnt any interceptions this game the texans did fumble twice which were both recovered by me.

Texans 10
Offense
Rashad Anthony: 14/19 136yrds 1td
Arian Foster: 15 att 42 yrds 0td
Larry Donnell: 4 rec 33yrds(josh gordon had one td)
D.J. Agurs: 13 total tackles(3tfl), 1 sack.

Final score was vikes 40, texans 10. It was a fun game to play but I can really tell some sliders need to be moved in order to make it even more fair. I used the stradegy only plays as well and never audibled or used hot routes. Im not sure if im playing wrong or what but I completely dominated this game(well the cpu dominated for me really haha). Let me know how you guys have everything setup as this is very enjoyabke to play with player lock, just want it to be a little more competitive, this is in offine cfm if you couldnt tell lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »