Playmakers Madden 16 Pro Level Sliders - Page 13 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Playmakers Madden 16 Pro Level Sliders

This is a discussion on Playmakers Madden 16 Pro Level Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-22-2016, 09:18 AM   #97
Rookie

airraid73's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playmakers Madden 16 Pro Level Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver
Hey Playmaker, always loved your work and was looking to appeal to your expertise. I like to tinker around and bounce from different settings but I still am not sure on the difference between pass reaction and coverage. I feel dumb saying that but it really has been hard for me to isolate the two to test them. Testing seems to be the problem. Any help would be great, thanks for your time.
That's a good question because I've been battling the same thing btw the two?

Sent from my LGUK410 using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2016, 06:55 PM   #98
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Pass Reaction from what I've seen controls the ability of the defenders to react to the ball when it's in the air.....

For example lets say you throw a pass and the DB initially has his back towards the ball....

pass reaction high will allow for some unrealistic behavior by the DB's like swatting the ball even if they weren't in a position to make a play or all of sudden they locate the ball without even looking at it.

This slider is good for zone coverage....make it's tighter or looser

Pass Coverage is good for the actual man coverage in this game helps to stop guys from running wide open but it doesn't make the DB's locate the ball when out of position like Pass Reaction.

I also believe Pass Coverage + The Tackle slider (Pursuit) can jointly control the pass rush results within the game...

Since this is Pro Level and the CPU QB's need more assistance the Human controlled QB's I loosened up the reaction slider but I kept the coverage pretty tight for the Human AI pass defense.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:01 AM   #99
Just started!

OVR: 0

Thanks! I mean that totally makes sense but I had also seen people claim that the reaction slider was something like "pass reaction makes defense commit to run or pass...the lower your slider goes the more they are committed to the run ...pass coverage is zone recognition....the only way to affect man coverage is with pass and catch slider along with pass blocking"(by Macksport post #10) Pass Coverage, Pass Reaction, Interception Sliders Thread.

Another thing is you mention the Pro QB needing a little help. I have been trying to scale which difficulty turns down (Rookie) and which turns up (All Madden) and which between All pro and Pro is the least manipulated by the AI. I assume you may of chose Pro because of this.

I really appreciate your responses, been using your sliders for years now and always wanted to know more about why anyone makes slider numbers and how they work. Cheers!
Old 08-15-2016, 06:35 PM   #100
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Picked up M16 again in prep for M17. I've come to enjoy it so much that I might just wait a while.

Plugged these back in headed into my week 16 rematch against HOU. Game was 6-6 at halftime and 9-6 in the 4th until we finally scored a TD. Got the ball back for what should've been the game ending drive but since I use coach suggestions and a modified BAL playbook, we had to punt. Our 4th interception of Hoyer though sealed the deal and my JAX team improved to 13-2 heading into the season finale against PIT. Game was über intense.

Down 14-0 in the 1st against PIT and was just forced to punt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-15-2016 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:42 PM   #101
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Whew, very dynamic results.

Game 1: 13-9 come from behind win vs TEN

Game 2: 27-45 loss at PIT in the final game of the season

Game 3: 38-17 W against SD in the divisional round of the playoffs (was 38-7 at one point)

Game 4: TBD. Hosting PIT in the AFC Championship game

Old 08-17-2016, 02:57 PM   #102
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Playing the AFC Championship game now at lead PIT 27-3 at halftime! Roethlisberger has tossed 4 INTs

Could have something to do with the fact that Bortles was out for 8 weeks and came back for the playoffs. I definitely notice a difference between he and Henne though Henne gets the job done!

Last edited by NoleFan; 08-17-2016 at 03:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »