Home

Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden

This is a discussion on Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2015, 02:54 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Well the fumble slider didn't do anything to improve the cpu rb. I put all my sliders back to default All-Pro, except
Cpu fum: 75(they didn't have a fumble, so it works as intended)
I played the next game on my schedule
Bengals(me) vs Seahawks(cpu)
Wilson was out injured, so T. Jackson started and sucked lol, I swear scrambling qb = Pocket Passer
Balanced = scrambling
Pocket = Balanced
Jackson didnt even att. to tuck and run, except to run straight back when under pressure and get hit in the back lol
Lynch didn't make really any impact! Only brk 1 tackle lol

The setup I have with my sliders now at least has the cpu over 4ypc and they break 3 or tackles per gm.

Anyway, this was just a test to see what impact the Fum slider has on the cpu rushing and if it helped the CPUs bcv and elu. I'd say no.
So the best way to see improved cpu running in my testing, is by lowering the User Tak slider and increased cpu rbk.
Been saying this since the game released...

The best CPU running game hands down is to basically lower the Human tackle slider there's just no way around it....

The CPU RB's aren't controlled by human players so you have to fix the issues by any means possible

You can increase the fumble slider but that really has very minimal to no effect on them because on the field the Tackle slider dictates their ability to pull off moves.

It's that way in both NCAA Football and Madden

EA has simply tied the slider (Tackling) into the the RB ratings....vision, jukes, spins and even hurdles are all dependent mostly on the tackle slider.

Think of it as a way for the CPU RB's to manuever better on the field....

Lower tackle slider decreases the radius of the defender to tackle a guy immediately so in return the CPU RB's have more time to pull off a move or make a decision with the ball (Awareness + Vision)

Sure they will break a few tackles that drive you crazy but hey i'd rather they do that then have them come up empty averaging less than 3.0 yards per carry game in and game out.

Plus you get more animations on the field that trigger

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 03:00 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Also since I"ve been asked this quite a few times my settings for Pro Level

CPU Fumble-50
CPU Run BLock-100

vs

Human Tackle-20

My Settings for All Madden
CPU Fumble-35
CPU Run Block-65

vs

Human Tackle-35

On both levels with those settings i've really enjoyed the CPU running game generating yards on the ground that keeps me engaged while playing run defense.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 11-03-2015, 03:03 PM   #83
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

On all madden I'm using tackle 35. Work great. But you have to balance this with RB as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
You'll see good running by cpu hbs on All-pro with the user tak @ 45. I think it's more to do with the tackle slider than the fumble slider.
Oh there's no dispute that the USER tackling slider plays the biggest role in helping the CPUs ball carrying vision but cranking up the CPUs run blocking and fumble sliders helps them break out special moves, and cutbacks. I'm seeing it now with the tackling slider at 40 and CPUs fumbles at 45. I didn't see it before when I had the tackling slider at 40 matched with the CPUs fumbles at 30. They were falling easy and wasn't running with any vision. I see the difference and so do a lot of other guys using my sliders.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #85
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Oh there's no dispute that the USER tackling slider plays the biggest role in helping the CPUs ball carrying vision but cranking up the CPUs run blocking and fumble sliders helps them break out special moves, and cutbacks. I'm seeing it now with the tackling slider at 40 and CPUs fumbles at 45. I didn't see it before when I had the tackling slider at 40 matched with the CPUs fumbles at 30. They were falling easy and wasn't running with any vision. I see the difference and so do a lot of other guys using my sliders.
With my current setup I have
my tak:40
rbk: 40
fum: 45

CPU
rbk: 60
tak: 60
fum: 50. I will probably lower cpu tak to 55 just so I can get some brk tackles. I will also lower my Rbk down to 35 to keep user running a challenge
If this helps open the cpu run game on AP, I bet it really does wonders for AM
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #86
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Also since I"ve been asked this quite a few times my settings for Pro Level

CPU Fumble-50
CPU Run BLock-100

vs

Human Tackle-20

My Settings for All Madden
CPU Fumble-35
CPU Run Block-65

vs

Human Tackle-35

On both levels with those settings i've really enjoyed the CPU running game generating yards on the ground that keeps me engaged while playing run defense.
Playmakers, with these settings, are you seeing more or less fumbles with a lower tackling setting? I haven't been inclined to lower tackling too much, because there aren't enough fumbles to begin with, and I thought the Tackling slider would impact that.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:10 PM   #87
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

with the tackle slider lowered, IMO its best to just run into the player you are trying to tackle, instead of diving, more broken tackles when you dive. Lowered the tackle slider on NCAA a few years back, noticed alot more broken tackles, when diving at the ball carrier. PM is rite it opens up the game!!

Last edited by timmg; 11-16-2015 at 08:11 PM. Reason: spelling

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »