Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden

This is a discussion on Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-04-2015, 07:39 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden

Playmakers speaks the truth.

On M15 I settled in at 30

This year I started at 25 and found the sweet spot at 40 for realistic play. Any lower on All-Pro and it got ridiculous and highly unrealistic. What I don't want to see is small RB's or tiny WR's busting out of tackle after tackle.

40 for me brings out tons of great animations, cool QB play.

Threadhold also is a major key to everything and something I am focused on. Basically you build your slider set around:

Tackle
Threshold
Fumble
Fatigue

I was at 0 threshold to start and am currently at 35 but still looking at it as I play various teams and match-ups. The new speed paradigm is a welcomed addition. Whatever they did they fixed lineman running down CB's on interceptions and DT's running down RB's who get to the second level which plagued M15 and previous Madden games.

This is the easiest time I have ever had with Madden in creating sliders. The game played so good out of the box at default All-Pro and then all I have had to do is make certain tweaks to fit my style of play.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-04-2015, 12:16 PM   #10
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

All Madden is the best level in regards to playing with a truly low tackle slider.

Now that also comes with lowering the Fumble Slider downwards or vice versa setting the Run Block slider extremely low.

I have some ideas in mind that I think will work after plugging in some numbers last night.

Problem is this slider stuff can become too addictive and i'm really trying to minimize my time with the game working on Sliders since i prefer Roster creation more.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:55 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

Its a good point to lowering the tackle sliders. I set it to 0 for user and 0 for cpu before finding this thread. I was simply tired of getting knocked down after one hit.

A 0-0 setting does make it feel a bit cheesy with everyone breaking tackles I will try with Armor & Sword suggest even when I bump my receivers to 99 speed I still get chased down I will try the threshold setting also.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2015, 10:26 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
All Madden is the best level in regards to playing with a truly low tackle slider.

Now that also comes with lowering the Fumble Slider downwards or vice versa setting the Run Block slider extremely low.

I have some ideas in mind that I think will work after plugging in some numbers last night.

Problem is this slider stuff can become too addictive and i'm really trying to minimize my time with the game working on Sliders since i prefer Roster creation more.
i see you kept the cpu tackle slider at 50 in your pro set, is that to balance out the difficulty cause its on pro?
I liketo play on all madden and thinking about putting tackle on 35 for both user and cpu. Would that make it to easy for the userby breaking to many tackles.
I know i could just test it and i will just hoping to save some time by asking, dont have as must time as i used to. Thank you
Old 09-05-2015, 01:15 PM   #13
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

On Pro level I wanted to basically just build Human Sliders around the CPU default 50 settings...

I don't think the CPU on Pro does too many things outside of their ratings boundary they pretty much stay neutral it's the human sliders that are boosted which is why I went that direction.

I could probably get away with a lower tackle on that level really all i need to is drop the Run BLock slider for Human all the way down but that's something I might save for later rather than now.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #14
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

The problem I have with lowering tackling is too many guys are having those 'Beast Mode' plays where they are simply untackleable and it just ruins the experience for me. I had Aaron Rodgers break 3 tackles and bull his way into the end zone with it at 40 last game. He was running over linebackers too not CB's.
Old 09-06-2015, 01:05 PM   #15
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
The problem I have with lowering tackling is too many guys are having those 'Beast Mode' plays where they are simply untackleable and it just ruins the experience for me. I had Aaron Rodgers break 3 tackles and bull his way into the end zone with it at 40 last game. He was running over linebackers too not CB's.
I'm going to assume this was on all madden level
Old 09-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #16
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I'm going to assume this was on all madden level
No. All Pro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »