Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden

This is a discussion on Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-07-2015, 12:19 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden

I like the idea of setting the TKL slider low(27), but on All Madden Sam Bradford just broke 3 tackles to pick up a 3rd and short, Murray was beast mode on practically every play. Maybe a good set can be built on All Pro, but that difficulty seems pretty easy this year.
Old 09-07-2015, 12:53 AM   #18
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

You guys need to build the low tackle slider setting around a reduced cpu running game especially on all madden where the ai is boosted up beyond their ratings.

This playing style is going to require you to work your way up from the bottom to default 50 until you see more organic gameplay that eliminates most of those arcade type broken tackles you see.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
You guys need to build the low tackle slider setting around a reduced cpu running game especially on all madden where the ai is boosted up beyond their ratings.

This playing style is going to require you to work your way up from the bottom to default 50 until you see more organic gameplay that eliminates most of those arcade type broken tackles you see.
Lowering fumble on All Madden turns down the beast mode. And there's not that many fumbles. I've been testing at 22 fumble, 0 run block, and 11 tackle. for human and cpu. it feels close but its not quite there. 0 fumble turns the rbs into Tecmo Bo. With a much higher tackle slider, 0 fumble could be something special as well. but i prefer the low tackle. wish i could figure it out at 0 but was willing to bend to 11.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:14 PM   #20
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Lowering fumble on All Madden turns down the beast mode. And there's not that many fumbles. I've been testing at 22 fumble, 0 run block, and 11 tackle. for human and cpu. it feels close but its not quite there. 0 fumble turns the rbs into Tecmo Bo. With a much higher tackle slider, 0 fumble could be something special as well. but i prefer the low tackle. wish i could figure it out at 0 but was willing to bend to 11.
The worst part about Madden much like NCAA Football is that you can completely forget about CPU Special Teams if you expect to use a high tackle slider.

I mean there's absolutely no way in hell the CPU can strike fear in your special teams....

I think most people only think in terms of running the ball....

But this slider opens up so many other options for the CPU it's just tough to balance it out like you mentioned...

The return ratings mean absolutely nothing in EA's football games because everyone at default is a Prime Ray Lewis type tackler....

For years I've wanted them to add additional special teams sliders that lead to block FG's or punts along with the ability to customize the Return game.

As sexy as the Graphics look in Madden I'm not going to lie i get bored after a few months for the simple fact that game doesn't take into all apsects of football (Special Teams) and yet they (EA) want us to consider it SIM experience...
Old 09-07-2015, 05:15 PM   #21
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

Lower tackling and lowering run block for CPU goes hand in hand. Running back ability is much more important and it cuts down on beast mode type runs. It cause more runs to be stuffed but it makes up for Marshawn Lynch being God every other run.

This is not a test.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2015, 03:13 AM   #22
Banned

RoDogz17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
This might sound crazy and I know some of you hate broken tackles especially here at OS slider community..........probably drives you crazy but this slider holds the key to the following gameplay enhancements

QB Pocket Evade (The slider forces more movement out the QB's in the pocket)

RB Elusiveness/Juke move (The Slider can lead too more broken tackles but your more likely to see the RB's Elusiveness rating kick in on the field and his vision rating becomes more effective)

CPU WR's (They become dangerous after the catch punishing a poor tackling secondary)

Kick Off and Punt Return men (Tackle at higher settings leads to boring special teams play by the CPU)

Ask your self how many years have you played Madden and never felt threatened by the CPU's Returners?

Last but not least Lower tackle leads to less big hits but more aggressive attempts to strip the ball carrier.......

This is the biggest surprise to me because you would think Higher tackle slider leads to more fumbles but it don't because players are looking to land the big hit which rarely causes a fumble in Madden even if the RB has 60 carry rating.....

Now as to what extent you should use the tackle slider that is up to you but I would highly suggest starting out at 0 and then working your way upwards while also balancing out the Fumble slider to compensate.

Last night alone I witnessed 1-2 fumbles caused by tacklers who went with a strip ball animation as opposed to a big hit.......saw the QB get stripped in the pocket as well.

This is the one Slider that really unlocks so much more in Madden in terms of things you don't ever see when you leave it at default because it's tied into so many other animation scenarios....

Lower Threshold will help to open up the field for special teams even more when you utilize the lower tackle slider because a players tackle radius + Pursuit takes a hit which is both good and bad

It's good because the CPU has more life on the field and the threat of breaking one at any time with a fast guy.....it's bad because the Human player gets those same opportunities so pick your poison

My only advice is if you decide to go this route you will never get the perfect settings but you will see the best animations......

But then again there is no such thing of perfect settings in Madden with higher or lower settings to be honest....
Has anybody added this into their slider sets? Honestly this sounds spot on..
Old 09-08-2015, 09:10 AM   #23
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm so torn on tackling. On one hand when I put tackling in the 40-47 range I see better pursuit from LBers. They don't crash in the LOS trying to make a B line to the back.

But, then they miss too many tables at under 50.

It's a good thing we have some type of run defense slider...oh wait. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2015, 01:32 PM   #24
Just started!

I have not had an excessive amount at all, but I am also playing on Pro

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »