Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden

This is a discussion on Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-24-2015, 04:03 AM   #41
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden

hey pm, i'm confused.

doesn't raising fumble increase fumbles? so if you lowered tackle, to see more fumbles, you'd have to raise it?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 05:04 AM   #42
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluffyTonka
hey pm, i'm confused.

doesn't raising fumble increase fumbles? so if you lowered tackle, to see more fumbles, you'd have to raise it?
No I lowered the tackling to see more animations that are hidden when you play with a higher tackle slider.

The lower tackle slider also allows the CPU RB's to use more finesse running moves, spins, jukes, hurdles.....

This slider also effects pursuit angles which is why you will hardly ever see anyone on these forums show you a video of the CPU punt returner or kick off returner ever taking one to the house or breaking off a long return against them in Madden....

A higher tackle slider IMO is not the way to go because not all NFL defenders take perfect angles to the ball carrier and not everyone looks for the big hit or arcade hit as I like to call it because that's basically what EA gives you with a higher tackle slider nothing but test crash dummies all over the field.

Some people tend to think that the Speed Parity slider is the main culprit to players being caught from behind but again tackle effects pursuit and pursuit is a modifier to speed on defense....

Most people tend to only focus on the speed rating assigned to defenders and their pursuit ratings become a after thought especially if you don't dig into the ratings.....I've learned this from years of roster editing in Madden and NCAA Football that a LB with 78 speed doesn't mean he's going to play slow on the field especially if his pursuit rating is high.

Player pursuit in a way helps to shrink the field and takes away some of the things we might see in IRL football from offensive players known for their elusiveness......why do you think it's tough for a RB to reverse fields in Madden or give you that Barry Sanders type of wow moment?

Do you really ever fear a guy like Jamal Charles when your on defense or a Prime Devin Hester on punt returns?

QB's show no pocket elusive skills because the radius of the tackle slider doesn't allow them to avoid many sacks.....the passing game becomes dull IMO with QB's not trying to escape pressure and this doesn't just mean scrambling but moving around in the pocket side to side with little subtle moves that avoid a defender or pass rush.

Every Madden QB has a Elusiveness rating the problem is you don't see that rating trigger much until the tackle slider is reduced.

Remember when it comes to ratings EA uses the tackle rating vs the Elusiveness rating to determine outcomes

And the reason why it's more likely to cause fumbles is because defenders look to strip the ball more as opposed to going for the big hit every tackle when it is set higher.

The moral of the story is the TACKLE Slider creates space just as much as the Player Speed Disparity slider itself because it reduces warping on the field.

Is it going to make Madden perfect NO......

But I can assure you it'll make the game more lively through animations especially if you find a way to balance it out to reduce a high amount of broken tackles which is the side effect to it if you don't find that good balance.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:16 AM   #43
MVP

FluffyTonka's Arena

OVR: 8

thanks for the excellent answer.

so you think lowering fumble, is the way to go?

i've been playing with it at 55 (with tackle set to default, mind you) just so i can see a fumble per game or so
Old 09-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #44
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
No I lowered the tackling to see more animations that are hidden when you play with a higher tackle slider.

The lower tackle slider also allows the CPU RB's to use more finesse running moves, spins, jukes, hurdles.....

This slider also effects pursuit angles which is why you will hardly ever see anyone on these forums show you a video of the CPU punt returner or kick off returner ever taking one to the house or breaking off a long return against them in Madden....

A higher tackle slider IMO is not the way to go because not all NFL defenders take perfect angles to the ball carrier and not everyone looks for the big hit or arcade hit as I like to call it because that's basically what EA gives you with a higher tackle slider nothing but test crash dummies all over the field.

Some people tend to think that the Speed Parity slider is the main culprit to players being caught from behind but again tackle effects pursuit and pursuit is a modifier to speed on defense....

Most people tend to only focus on the speed rating assigned to defenders and their pursuit ratings become a after thought especially if you don't dig into the ratings.....I've learned this from years of roster editing in Madden and NCAA Football that a LB with 78 speed doesn't mean he's going to play slow on the field especially if his pursuit rating is high.

Player pursuit in a way helps to shrink the field and takes away some of the things we might see in IRL football from offensive players known for their elusiveness......why do you think it's tough for a RB to reverse fields in Madden or give you that Barry Sanders type of wow moment?

Do you really ever fear a guy like Jamal Charles when your on defense or a Prime Devin Hester on punt returns?

QB's show no pocket elusive skills because the radius of the tackle slider doesn't allow them to avoid many sacks.....the passing game becomes dull IMO with QB's not trying to escape pressure and this doesn't just mean scrambling but moving around in the pocket side to side with little subtle moves that avoid a defender or pass rush.

Every Madden QB has a Elusiveness rating the problem is you don't see that rating trigger much until the tackle slider is reduced.

Remember when it comes to ratings EA uses the tackle rating vs the Elusiveness rating to determine outcomes

And the reason why it's more likely to cause fumbles is because defenders look to strip the ball more as opposed to going for the big hit every tackle when it is set higher.

The moral of the story is the TACKLE Slider creates space just as much as the Player Speed Disparity slider itself because it reduces warping on the field.

Is it going to make Madden perfect NO......

But I can assure you it'll make the game more lively through animations especially if you find a way to balance it out to reduce a high amount of broken tackles which is the side effect to it if you don't find that good balance.
This is 100% accurate. It also affects the range in which tackle animations are triggered. Higher = tackle animations starting further away from the ball carrier.
Good info!
Old 10-14-2015, 02:21 PM   #45
Rookie

Playing all pro. have tak at 26 for both. speed 40. seems to work good.
have had td return by cpu and lots of exciting runs. Question what effect does changing the speed rating threshold.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:32 PM   #46
Banned

so, what should tackling; speed parity; and fumble sliders be sef at ?
thanks
Old 10-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #47
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojai4keith
Playing all pro. have tak at 26 for both. speed 40. seems to work good.
have had td return by cpu and lots of exciting runs. Question what effect does changing the speed rating threshold.
Good feedback....

I have tackle at 20 on Pro Level but only for the Human slider and the CPU has done a decent job returning punts.

Their longest kickoff return was 83 yards but other than that they very rarely get past the 40 yard line on me so I'm thinking of going even lower on Pro Level because they don't break many tackles on that level anyway.

Now on the flip side of it on All Madden I have tackle at 35 been that way for about a month now as I want to get in about 15-20 test games just to see if lowering the slider is possible on that level.

The CPU tends to break way more tackles on All Madden with a 35 tackle slider as opposed to Pro with a 20 Tackle slider so that tells me EA has some kind of hidden inflated ratings going on for All Madden just like every other year.

I hate the way they make sliders react from one level to the other but hey that's just their way of not wanting to spend quality time on CPU AI rather instead they just manipulate the gameplay by turning CPU into Super Man on All Madden.

Ultimately my goal is to release a All Madden set built around equal lower slider settings for both human and CPU but I have the figure out tackle setting that will hold up long term for gameplay on this level.

Also the speed parity is just a increase or decrease to player speed separation in the game.

the lower the setting equals the most separation between fast and slow players.....the higher the setting equals lesser separation between fast and slow players.

you will probably find this slider all over the place if you view different slider threads.....

there's really not a perfect setting IMO it just comes down to what the USER feels is working out best for him doing gameplay...
Old 10-14-2015, 06:52 PM   #48
Rookie

RabidPanther's Arena

PM are you testing this method in Play Now or CFM?

Thanks, Rabid

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »