Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden - Page 7 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden

This is a discussion on Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-14-2015, 06:54 PM   #49
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Lower Tackle Slider things it unlocks in Madden

I've definitely noticed this in the past few years. If you think about it, on default the tackling is tremendous, especially since suction tackling is still a thing in 2015. Lower the tackling slider by about 15 or more...and holy moley, you've got beastly RBs breaking tackles like they should and WRs being able to get out of being brought down the first time a defender even looks at him. If anybody is on the fence about this, I would agree with the OP and recommend you give it a try. I think you'll be happier with it, though admittedly it does seem to lead to more ridiculous '5 broken tackle plays' than is realistic. As OP said...pick your poison.

Florida Gators

Penn State Nittany Lions
Old 10-14-2015, 11:54 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 0

All pro I have it at 40 for me and 41 for the CPU. I find if I go much lower then that ever one becomes Barry sanders with all the broken tackles. The funny thing is with it at 41 for the CPU I don't break enough tackles but at 40 I break like ever thing lol. I wish there was a 40.5.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:26 PM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
All pro I have it at 40 for me and 41 for the CPU. I find if I go much lower then that ever one becomes Barry sanders with all the broken tackles. The funny thing is with it at 41 for the CPU I don't break enough tackles but at 40 I break like ever thing lol. I wish there was a 40.5.
does 40 bring out better animations ?
Old 10-16-2015, 01:10 AM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019

I don't really notice a difference in the animations with it at 40 or 50. I think tackling looks much better this year but could still be better. There are hardly any big hits and to often on tackles guys arms go oddly behind players backs and legs look odd to a lot of times.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:58 PM   #53
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019
lower tackle slider allows more finesse running by AI RB's....

In other words they seem to react to a defender much better giving them time to make a move that they normally wouldn't make with a higher tackle slider because the defender isn't being warped into the tackle from yards away.

also in terms of animations if you play on Slow speed you'll see much better animations play out with the tackle slider set lower.

But i just think that speed in general represents the best animations in Madden year after year...
Old 10-20-2015, 10:33 PM   #54
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

you guys know what effects db/lb/ss pass coverage behavior the most? I guess in theory it would be pass coverage but that slider seems to be very inconsistent. The behavior I'm trying to fix is the secondary running towards the line of scrimmage AFTER the ball has been thrown and despite them being in good position before running towards the scrimmage line. This usually results in the cpu literally creating space for the WR to catch the ball as they have to pivot and run back towards their previous position....
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:49 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
you guys know what effects db/lb/ss pass coverage behavior the most? I guess in theory it would be pass coverage but that slider seems to be very inconsistent. The behavior I'm trying to fix is the secondary running towards the line of scrimmage AFTER the ball has been thrown and despite them being in good position before running towards the scrimmage line. This usually results in the cpu literally creating space for the WR to catch the ball as they have to pivot and run back towards their previous position....
That sounds like a Reaction setting issue. Setting it higher means the dbs will play the pass better. Lower reaction settings mean the dbs favor run pursuit. If the reaction setting is at 50 or above, it probably is due to poor individual player ratings in reaction and coverage.

C
Old 10-22-2015, 12:14 AM   #56
Banned

I play:

*Tackle to 40

*Fumble to 13

All-Pro

Normal Speed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »