Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2015, 05:09 PM   #793
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Any reason for IBITB and RTP being 45-54? Normally these are left at default. Are you seeing anything different here gameplay/animation wise?
Old 12-10-2015, 07:56 PM   #794
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Any reason for IBITB and RTP being 45-54? Normally these are left at default. Are you seeing anything different here gameplay/animation wise?
I messed up when I entered them last night. Too lazy to go back and fix it, I just decided to roll with it. They'll be the first sliders I look to revert unless they mess something up.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:54 PM   #795
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon5 Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Has anyone tried "zeroing" out PBK, RBK, FUM, and TAK? I know it's drastic but it may just give us the authentic gameplay based off purely ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2015, 09:26 PM   #796
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I made a couple of tweaks. The irony is that I wound up with a lot of values dead-on what King has for his set. After re-visiting some PMs he sent me previously, his set values, and some tweaks of my own, I arrived at the following setup:

Offsides: (MM - 50) (CFM - 60)
False Start: (MM - 50) (CFM - 60)
Offensive Holding: (MM - 40) (CFM - see below)
Defensive Holding: (MM - 45) (CFM - 55)
Facemask: (MM - 45) (CFM - 45)
Illegal Block ITB: (MM - 50) (CFM - 52)
RTP: (MM - 50) (CFM - 50)
Def PI: (MM - 45) (CFM - 55)
All others set to "on"

A note on the holding setting for CFM. I am currently trying two values, 49 and 50. The setting at 49, ironically, almost feels like there is too much shed (which might adversely impact the CPU run game) while 50 is a bit more balanced. I need people to try a few games with both settings as I am truly torn on which way to go (both are playing terrifically).

Barring anything earth-shattering, I am going to let these ride for a couple of days to give people time to test.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 12-11-2015 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:30 PM   #797
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Has anyone tried "zeroing" out PBK, RBK, FUM, and TAK? I know it's drastic but it may just give us the authentic gameplay based off purely ratings.
It's interesting, but I doubt it would hold up...it IS an intriguing idea. I'll throw you another idea...."Zero out" all penalty sliders....
Old 12-11-2015, 08:17 AM   #798
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I am getting some good feedback via PM on the updated changes - keep it coming guys.

I know I said I was going to leave this alone; but in really thinking through things this morning....I am opting to drop RTP back to 50/50. It isn't so much what I have seen as much as what I know this slider does historically. It can quickly throw off the pass game timing and lead to lots of checkdowns and inflated completion percentages. Not saying we would necessarily see it here...but it just isn't worth the potential risk IMO. I am updating the OP (and last night's post) to reflect this change.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:27 AM   #799
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I am getting some good feedback via PM on the updated changes - keep it coming guys.

I know I said I was going to leave this alone; but in really thinking through things this morning....I am opting to drop RTP back to 50/50. It isn't so much what I have seen as much as what I know this slider does historically. It can quickly throw off the pass game timing and lead to lots of checkdowns and inflated completion percentages. Not saying we would necessarily see it here...but it just isn't worth the potential risk IMO. I am updating the OP (and last night's post) to reflect this change.
Me personally I like the check downs. I stop enough of them that it keeps me honest in my coverage schemes and moreover 64 to even 75 completion % is totally good with me. Playing Brady, Rogers, and even Palmer....if theirs is high then I am good with that since they have and SHOULD have a field day with my D...which makes me bring my A game
Old 12-11-2015, 08:29 AM   #800
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Me personally I like the check downs. I stop enough of them that it keeps me honest in my coverage schemes and moreover 64 to even 75 completion % is totally good with me. Playing Brady, Rogers, and even Palmer....if theirs is high then I am good with that since they have and SHOULD have a field day with my D...which makes me bring my A game
Let me clarify....necessary checkdowns are fine. But checking-down when you have a receiver wide open downfield is not. That is the sort of thing that has driven me crazy in the past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »