JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 101 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-11-2015, 08:33 AM   #801
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

One other thing. For those of you looking for an All Madden setup that uses these principles - I strongly recommend that you check out FistofRage's new set. He has done a terrific job with that set and will be my all madden set if I decide to make the switch.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:11 AM   #802
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
"DEFAULT + PENALTIES" SET

The downside of a "pure default" set has always been a lower level of penalties than most of us would like. But, change a penalty slider, alter the gameplay. With King's discovery, we can now create a slider set where we can set the average of the Main Menu (MM) and CFM penalties to 50 as the CFM penalty sliders are the ones that control the number of calls on the field. This setup could be used in either a default AP or AM setup....

Skill Level (Intro/Main/CFM): All Pro/All Pro/All Pro or All Pro/All Pro/All Madden
Game Speed: Normal
Helps: off but, optional
Quarter Length: 12 (Or what ever you want)
Minimum Play Clock Time: 20 seconds (Or what ever you want)
Injuries: 70
Fatigue: 55 - 60 (I prefer 60, but 55 works too)
Player Min Speed Threshold: 50

Penalties (Key to get proper gameplay)
This setup is designed to give less "sticky" line block interactions.
Offsides: (MM - 50) (CFM - 60)
False Start: (MM - 50) (CFM - 60)
Offensive Holding: (MM - 40) (CFM - see below)
Defensive Holding: (MM - 45) (CFM - 55)
Facemask: (MM - 45) (CFM - 45)
Illegal Block ITB: (MM - 50) (CFM - 52)
RTP: (MM - 50) (CFM - 50)
Def PI: (MM - 45) (CFM - 55)
All others set to "on"

Gameplay Sliders (User/Cpu)
ALL default

Special Teams

Autosubs
These must be set in the main menu as well as CFM.

QB Sub Out: 0
QB Sub In: 3
RB Sub Out: 78
RB Sub In: 90
WR Sub Out: 30
WR Sub In: 35
FB/TE Sub Out: 30
FB/TE Sub In: 35
OL Sub Out: 0
OL Sub In: 3
DT Sub Out: 50
DT Sub In: 55
DE Sub Out: 50
DE Sub In: 55
LB Sub Out: 50
LB Sub In: 55
CB Sub Out: 30
CB Sub In: 35
S Sub Out: 30
S Sub In: 35

How to set this up:

1. Delete profile - in main menu, go to Share and Manage files. You can delete your profile there (this will not impact your franchise saves). Once the profile is deleted, turn off the game.
2. Restart your game, work through the intro sequence (or exit out after the first cut scene). The game will prompt you to select your favorite team. Select the Saints and All Pro. (seriously, just select All Pro here)
3. Go to main menu and settings. Set your autosubs. Set your settings exactly as stated.
4. Go to penalties, set the penalties as stated for MM (Main Menu).
5. Make sure both CPU and User gameplay settings are all set to default.
6. Create a new CFM (or start up old one, if it was started after the last patch was released). Steps 7-8 are done in the CFM.
7. Set autosubs manually in CFM. Make sure you hit the options button (PS4) to save them....do not exit out with circle button (PS4) or they won't save.
8. Go to slider menu and import them with triangle button (PS4). Manually change all of the penalty sliders to the settings listed as CFM.

That's it....easy peezy...

Past Sets
Spoiler
So i HAVE to delete my profile EVERY time i make an adjustment...... or could i just make the changes in mm and cfm respectively without having to go through all that...

Last edited by dorsett33; 12-11-2015 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:12 AM   #803
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
So i HAVE to delete my profile for every adjustment that i make or could i just make the changes in mm and cfm respectively without having to go through all that...
Absolutely not....once you know your profile is set to All Pro....you're good to go.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:50 AM   #804
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I am getting some good feedback via PM on the updated changes - keep it coming guys.

I know I said I was going to leave this alone; but in really thinking through things this morning....I am opting to drop RTP back to 50/50. It isn't so much what I have seen as much as what I know this slider does historically. It can quickly throw off the pass game timing and lead to lots of checkdowns and inflated completion percentages. Not saying we would necessarily see it here...but it just isn't worth the potential risk IMO. I am updating the OP (and last night's post) to reflect this change.

Cool. The most glaring thing that stood out was way too many RTP penalties so i like the change.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:05 PM   #805
Rookie

Josh, I understand we're looking for line play which is less "sticky". What's the idea behind having holding 40-50 which averages 45? Is there a reason you settled on close to default as opposed to dropping it lower? And is there any downfall to really amping up offsides for an aggressive front and pass rush? And to counter that somewhat, having false starts higher also? So basically (rough example); offsides average of 65, false start average of 55, holding average of 40.

EDIT: I'm also not entirely sure what to do with the auto subs. Are we using them to try and get some subs happening, or using set values against each other to somehow effect gameplay? I don't know if I should be looking for good rotations, or gameplay variances when adjusting those, or are auto subs really really just an afterthought now? What I've been rolling with is 10 min quarters, 20 sec runoff, 60 fatigue, and settings:

QB Sub Out: 0
QB Sub In: 5
RB Sub Out: 90
RB Sub In: 95
WR Sub Out: 60
WR Sub In: 65
FB/TE Sub Out: 50
FB/TE Sub In: 55
OL Sub Out: 0
OL Sub In: 5
DT Sub Out: 75
DT Sub In: 80
DE Sub Out: 75
DE Sub In: 80
LB Sub Out: 65
LB Sub In: 70
CB Sub Out: 50
CB Sub In: 55
S Sub Out: 50
S Sub In: 55

I actually see some rotation at RB, occasionally a WR gets subbed out if he runs too many deep patterns, I get some DL subs happening, and sometimes my LB's sub on long drives or if they're on the ST's unit also. Subs don't appear to be completely broken in my CFM like many other people claim. It's not perfect as going RB out 99 and RB in 100 should result in a 60-40 carry split at the very least, but that doesn't happen, but I do see subs happening. My last game, I had my backup RB sub in at the start of a drive for 4 consecutive plays. I initially thought my starter was injured or disappeared, until he subbed back in 4 plays into the drive. Never seen that happen before.

Last edited by TheWood56; 12-11-2015 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:31 PM   #806
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Josh, I understand we're looking for line play which is less "sticky". What's the idea behind having holding 40-50 which averages 45? Is there a reason you settled on close to default as opposed to dropping it lower? And is there any downfall to really amping up offsides for an aggressive front and pass rush? And to counter that somewhat, having false starts higher also? So basically (rough example); offsides average of 65, false start average of 55, holding average of 40.
With regards to holding....dropping it super low just doesn't work like it did prior to patch three (not this week's patch, the one before it). I can't explain why, but it is really working well.

I toyed around briefly with bumping up offsides and false start and something about the dynamic felt off to me. I'm not done testing it yet; but honestly, I really like what I am seeing with this current setup. Pressure is there, the CPU still runs very well and the user run game is more challenging (particularly when using a poor line). An offset like you suggest could work, but I just don't know if it is necessary - I just need more time.

I am currently running a fantasy draft (letting the CPU pick all of my players)...hoping I get a crappy team drafted for me . Once that is done, I am going to try to dive into a CFM and try to get through a few games to see how it goes before changing anything further.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:10 PM   #807
Rookie

Quote:
With regards to holding....dropping it super low just doesn't work like it did prior to patch three (not this week's patch, the one before it). I can't explain why, but it is really working well.

I toyed around briefly with bumping up offsides and false start and something about the dynamic felt off to me. I'm not done testing it yet; but honestly, I really like what I am seeing with this current setup. Pressure is there, the CPU still runs very well and the user run game is more challenging (particularly when using a poor line). An offset like you suggest could work, but I just don't know if it is necessary - I just need more time.

I am currently running a fantasy draft (letting the CPU pick all of my players)...hoping I get a crappy team drafted for me . Once that is done, I am going to try to dive into a CFM and try to get through a few games to see how it goes before changing anything further.
Ah ok. I wasn't aware patch #3 effected line play and the holding penalty. I'm happy to hear it though, as I'd prefer to stick as close to default as possible, so if that's what plays out best, that's great news.

I had edited my post to include a question about auto subs, but you replied too quick lol.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:30 PM   #808
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
Ah ok. I wasn't aware patch #3 effected line play and the holding penalty. I'm happy to hear it though, as I'd prefer to stick as close to default as possible, so if that's what plays out best, that's great news.

I had edited my post to include a question about auto subs, but you replied too quick lol.
Yeah, I see it now...lol...

Honestly, the autosubs on the OP are serving me well. I see plenty of subs across the board (aside from OL and QB). I also think that they give a good balance gameplay-wise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »