JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 105 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-14-2015, 09:51 PM   #833
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Updates:

Set main menu and cfm auto subs to what is in the op but all players are still subbing when they get to "orange" exactly the same as when i had auto subs on default.

No accel clock def is different. No time now, but my next test will be setting auto subs in main menu and leavinf CFM auto subs at default and vice versa to see if that makes a difference.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:36 PM   #834
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Ok after testing no acc clock, 9min qtrs, 50 fatigue and 50inj.(each team had 1 or 2 injuries, w/ one of mine being serious, TJ Ward torn shoulder labrum out 5 weeks, the others came back into the game)
I don't see autosubs working, it's more about fatigue meaning more b/c they don't get as long between plays to recover.
122 total offensive plays, cpu actually had a few more plays. I liked seeing how the cpu rushed to the los early in the 4th b/c they were down 2 scores. I called plays and snapped the ball at the same pace as the cpu for most of the game.

The backup hbs came in for 5-7 plays per team.
The cpu rushed for over 120 yds w/ the Browns vs Broncos(me)
I saw more human like plays, which means as the game progressed, so did the fatigue which lead to more mistakes on both sides. Missed tackles, penalties(I have a different penalty setup).

I didn't see the Olinemen or Dlinemen sub out much at all. It was mainly the HBs and every now and then a WR. With 60 fatigue I would expect to see more of the Oline and Dline subbing, 60 would probably be too high.

I will stick with this for gameplay reasons and I did notice the progressive time change and how the lighting changed and how multiple players jerseys were getting dirtier as the game went on(not sure if this was due to no acc clock or not but I like it).

If you call plays at the same pace as the cpu, you should see apx 120 offensive plays in 9min qtrs w/ No acc clock.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 12-14-2015 at 11:45 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:40 AM   #835
Welcome Back

DerkontheOS's Arena

OVR: 38

Playing 12 minute quarters no accel clock and 80 fatigue with the autosubs from this thread.

Just had 3 receivers run the opposite routes that the play I selected called for, this is not the only time it happened my TE ran the opposite wrong route earlier in the game.

The only thing I have changed is the above settings.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:43 AM   #836
Welcome Back

DerkontheOS's Arena

OVR: 38

I have seen more flags and overthrows, I know that for a fact.

EDIT: and broken tackles. However my back up RB as only 1 carry to my starters 13, could be I'm usually passing when he comes in... I'll have to keep a closer eye on it.

At halftime(read "take with a grain of salt")

Bear 40 plays Eagles 34 plays 12 minute quarters no accel clock.

Last edited by DerkontheOS; 12-15-2015 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:23 AM   #837
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I just got off of work after an 11 hour day, so I am going to keep this short...

The bolded part is HUGE as I saw the same thing last night when testing the 55/60 DPI. It flat out means DPI is too high - coverage is unrealistically close so the game has to adjust the animation to compensate. I'm going back to 45/55 and see if I see it happen there to be sure.

This is a critical point and another reason why I like DPI where it is on the OP. It's close enough that DBs can at least make diving plays to break up passes, but not so open that they are completely helpless.

To your questions on your own personal setup. The interception slider is very critical for defensive awareness. I'm not surprised you are having issues with ease of running and weak coverage. Quite frankly, by lowering the interception slider, you caused both of those issues. I'd suggest bumping it back up and seeing what happens.

Honestly, I base my entire slider approach on getting proper CPU animations and reactions. I don't tailor them towards making the game easier or harder, but try to make sure that the game plays out realistically in a manner that a) allow ratings to matter and b) to make it feel real.

That's a long-winded way of my saying to give my sliders a shot on coach mode.....I really think that they could work well.
Thanks for the response.

The interception slider effects the run game as well? Sheesh.

I think I might give your sliders a try tonight so that I have a base of 50 across the board and can make more slight adjustments after some testing once I see fit.

Any chance you could explain the effects moving penalty sliders up and down has so that I may adjust on my own? I generally try to make things a bit more difficult out of the gate, but wouldn't know where to begin with penalty sliders.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #838
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
I have seen more flags and overthrows, I know that for a fact.

EDIT: and broken tackles. However my back up RB as only 1 carry to my starters 13, could be I'm usually passing when he comes in... I'll have to keep a closer eye on it.

At halftime(read "take with a grain of salt")

Bear 40 plays Eagles 34 plays 12 minute quarters no accel clock.
When you finish the game, exit out, then go to your team schedule and check the box score. There is a tab that says "General" that shows downs played. That would probably be the best indicator so you can see how many plays guys are in for opposed to carries and such.

Sent from my Galaxy s4 so deal with the short hand
twitch broadcast name: tdawg3782

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 12-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #839
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
Thanks for the response.

The interception slider effects the run game as well? Sheesh.

I think I might give your sliders a try tonight so that I have a base of 50 across the board and can make more slight adjustments after some testing once I see fit.

Any chance you could explain the effects moving penalty sliders up and down has so that I may adjust on my own? I generally try to make things a bit more difficult out of the gate, but wouldn't know where to begin with penalty sliders.
King has a really good blog somewhere in his arena about this too......

Can't stress enough, keep EVERY slider at default. I blew through about two dozen CFM games wondering why things were unfolding so much differently than everyone else, I had though nothing of dropping the FGA to 35, simply because I didn't like how easy it was for me (and the CPU) to robo crank FGS....

Now I have no scientific theory as to why, but everything came together once i popped them back to 50, and I'd bet my house that those changes effected gameplay across the board.

Ive settled in with DPI at 45/60, and a strong set of House Rules, and Ive never been happier. I dont need all madden and its shinanigans......

What I have is piece of mind with Madden, something I havn't had for about 10 years......
Old 12-15-2015, 01:45 PM   #840
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
King has a really good blog somewhere in his arena about this too......

Can't stress enough, keep EVERY slider at default. I blew through about two dozen CFM games wondering why things were unfolding so much differently than everyone else, I had though nothing of dropping the FGA to 35, simply because I didn't like how easy it was for me (and the CPU) to robo crank FGS....

Now I have no scientific theory as to why, but everything came together once i popped them back to 50, and I'd bet my house that those changes effected gameplay across the board.

Ive settled in with DPI at 45/60, and a strong set of House Rules, and Ive never been happier. I dont need all madden and its shinanigans......

What I have is piece of mind with Madden, something I havn't had for about 10 years......
Hold on a second.

You're saying FGA has adverse effects on gameplay?

I'll have to snoop around for Kings blog. I'm sure there's tons of info in this thread as well, but I wouldn't know where to look and don't really have the time to go for a hunt. I barely have time to play Madden anymore as it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »