Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2015, 02:00 PM   #841
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
Hold on a second.

You're saying FGA has adverse effects on gameplay?

I'll have to snoop around for Kings blog. I'm sure there's tons of info in this thread as well, but I wouldn't know where to look and don't really have the time to go for a hunt. I barely have time to play Madden anymore as it is.
I saw this too on ncaa where the special teams sliders change some of the other gameplay dynamics. We never investigated this fully though. I think I subconsciously never modified these sliders because of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 04:35 PM   #842
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Hold on a second.

You're saying FGA has adverse effects on gameplay?

I'll have to snoop around for Kings blog. I'm sure there's tons of info in this thread as well, but I wouldn't know where to look and don't really have the time to go for a hunt. I barely have time to play Madden anymore as it is.
I hear ya man.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:00 PM   #843
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

FWIW:

In my experience, Punt Accuracy is the only one of the five that works "as advertised" and has no adverse effect on my "House"...

But since I love Coffin Corners in the game, I jack that to 75 before the "reconstruction" begins...

FGA is the most misleading, as it has no effect there, but can trigger a cascading sh*tshow in non ST related gameplay...

Also, thanks for the props re: the INT slider with regard to the run, etc...

If anybody wants to see that, go to my arena and check out the blog comments...

It's all in there and there's not too much to dig through to get that...

Lastly:

Kudos for shoutin' out KBLover...

His wheelhouse was Penalties and Schemes and his input on those topics still holds true in some form or fashion, these many iterations later...

Old 12-15-2015, 07:11 PM   #844
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Any chance you could explain the effects moving penalty sliders up and down has so that I may adjust on my own? I generally try to make things a bit more difficult out of the gate, but wouldn't know where to begin with penalty sliders.
First of all - remember that penalty sliders have universal effects. They are best used for gameplay purposes when trying to modify overall gameplay as they effect the CPU and User equally. Here's a quick breakdown:

Holding: The higher you go, the more holding by o-linemen. Unfortunately, this means the higher you go, the "stickier" the lineplay becomes. For a true default set, I strongly recommend going no higher than 50.

Offsides: The higher you go, the more of a push the d-line gets. The issue is that I think it begins to override pass rush moves and shed animations the higher you go...they just push, and push, and push.

False Start: The higher you go, the more of a push the o-line gets. I think high values may also cause some sticky play as the o-linemen push and push and push as well - there is no more room left for a shed animation to occur.

Facemask: The higher you go, you see more big hits for tackles. The lower you go, the more strip animations you see. This plays in concert with the tackle slider as well. This is really the best way to reduce the WWE style hits while keeping tackle at 50.

DPI: The higher it is, the closer the coverage is. Get it too close, and you begin to see some really odd animations (like DBs stepping back in a pass defense situation).

I have not evaluated the other penalty sliders enough to give concrete summaries of what they do.

Hope this helps a bit.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:13 PM   #845
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quick sidebar: I love all of the discussion on using no accelerated clock. I just have had no time to test out myself. Keep things rolling, I am definitely watching
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2015, 08:39 PM   #846
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Quick sidebar: I love all of the discussion on using no accelerated clock. I just have had no time to test out myself. Keep things rolling, I am definitely watching
Yup, me too......I'm just so in love with the way the game is playinmg for me now lol.....but, Im gonna sit up all night with a new CFM for the purpose testing that out.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:03 PM   #847
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
It all could be placebo or coincidence, but no accel clock feels like I'm playing a different game. Not even better or worse just different. I dont know. Its weird how things play out
Old 12-15-2015, 09:37 PM   #848
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
It all could be placebo or coincidence, but no accel clock feels like I'm playing a different game. Not even better or worse just different. I dont know. Its weird how things play out
That frankly wouldn't shock me at this stage. I always play 9 minute quarters on NCAA, so I am going to start there with no Acc Clock. I'm also going to bump up fatigue to 75ish to see how things play out.

It will be fun to see the impact of time changing, and who knows, maybe we'll get some field and uniform degradation too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »