JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 109 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-16-2015, 01:39 PM   #865
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
You can look at it this way, since olineman never get injured (unless the try to make a tackle on an int or fumble) this could simulate them getting dinged up and having to miss a few plays, which happens in the NFL often (especially to my Chargers ). There you go
I agree 100%. As a Steelers fan I know all too well the effects of O'line injuries and I think that this is one of Maddens last major hurdles. It is my opinion that other that losing your QB, a O'Line injury or two would be the largest effect on the success of a team. I just realized that my starting left tackle somehow got benched for the last two games which could have contributed to my sub-par running performances.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:46 PM   #866
Rookie

OVR: 4

Only got to play one 9 minute quarter with acc clock off before having to leave last night, but the game did feel different. Had fatigue and injuries both at 70 and guys were getting into the orange and red a lot quicker, even early in the 1st quarter. Antonio Brown had to sub out a few plays, which never happens in real life, especially not in the 1st quarter. The RB rotation was more frequently, which I liked, and this was the first time I've ever had OL sub out in my games, which you obviously don't want to see. Gameplay wise, I had my first KO returned against me for a TD. The CPU has never even come close before. Was vs Rams and Tavon Austin. He beat a couple guys and outran the rest up the left sideline. Was awesome to see, but not sure if that had to do with acc clock off or not. Will test more later and actually get a full game in, not just one 9 minute quarter, but those were the early results.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:14 PM   #867
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Well, it's apparent that they don't test the game (to the extent that they do) with ACC Clock:ON...

They just assumed all the progressive lighting / field degradation / progressively dirtier uni's and fatigue would work "as intended" with it on...

Once again, if it's a CFM / Sim feature (in this case to balance T.O.P.) it's either ignored and / or under-implemented...

Great find / info, tho!
Old 12-16-2015, 06:49 PM   #868
Rookie

ulua's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey Josh,
Sorry been away for a few days, I see a lot has happened in a those few days, What do your current sliders and settings look like as of now? sorry for the humbug.

Thanks,
ulua
Old 12-16-2015, 08:01 PM   #869
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulua
Hey Josh,
Sorry been away for a few days, I see a lot has happened in a those few days, What do your current sliders and settings look like as of now? sorry for the humbug.

Thanks,
ulua
OP is still valid. The only thing I am changing is lowering the quarter length to 9 minutes (no acc clock) with fatigue at 75 (need more data).

Edit: updated the OP to include new clock times and fatigue (with ranges for both)
Old 12-16-2015, 08:09 PM   #870
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I've done a fair bit with high fatigue settings on NCAA and here are some things to look out for which might indicate fatigue is too high:
  • Players on long breakaway runs constantly get caught from behind because they're out of gas
  • CPU performance constantly goes to the crapper in the second half. If it is balanced between both sides, but if you consistently feel like you have a major edge in the second half, that could be problematic (major sample sizes needed here - i.e. multiple seasons of data). We didn't really start seeing this trend on NCAA for months (with lots of people testing/playing)
  • Disappearing players. Guys get subbed-out and never come back in. I have read of no reports of that this year...but if that happens, please let us know what fatigue you were at and the autosub setting you were using (stamina rating of player that disappeared would be helpful too).
Old 12-16-2015, 09:09 PM   #871
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Just played a game with AC clock off, 13 min quarters. I liked the way the game flowed. It allowed me to take my time, look over the defense, call audibles etc without feeling unnecessarily rushed into doing so. I have my fatigue set at 70 and didnt see any unwarranted lineman subs (but i have to ad this was a preseason game) my second string o-line did show signs of regular fatigue here and there but were never "substituted" in an abnormal way if at all. Amount of plays seemed good as well.....total was 127 with me running the majority being that i dominated time of Posession in this particular game. Will test further and get back with more feedback if i see anything happen abnormally but as of right now i like how this is going......
Old 12-16-2015, 09:54 PM   #872
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
Just played a game with AC clock off, 13 min quarters. I liked the way the game flowed. It allowed me to take my time, look over the defense, call audibles etc without feeling unnecessarily rushed into doing so. I have my fatigue set at 70 and didnt see any unwarranted lineman subs (but i have to ad this was a preseason game) my second string o-line did show signs of regular fatigue here and there but were never "substituted" in an abnormal way if at all. Amount of plays seemed good as well.....total was 127 with me running the majority being that i dominated time of Posession in this particular game. Will test further and get back with more feedback if i see anything happen abnormally but as of right now i like how this is going......
Just a note of caution....the CPU won't take advantage of that, which could leave you dominating TOP (as you did that game). That could throw-off a lot of things (like their defense getting more tired and ultimately making it easier to take advantage of).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »