JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 115 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-23-2015, 07:05 PM   #913
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Josh--haven't tried the auto sub tweak yet but will tonight. That being said I did test (minimally) the adjustments to defensive holding and dpi. I actually prefer the coverage prior to the adjustment. With the adjustment I found the QB taking a while to make decisions passing resulting in sacks or lots of pressured throws. Directly due to the increased better pass coverage. I thought the QB play was better and more consistent with the old settings. Would making the adjustment to holding and leaving the dpi settings alone be a good inbeteeen (tighter coverage but not as tight as making both adjustments)? Thanks!
Old 12-23-2015, 07:05 PM   #914
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Be sure to turn all assist off (autostrafe, heat seeker, ball hawk, switch assist). It helps level out the gameplay, even if you don't switch it still helps the cpu pass and run on a more even level imo.

I'm in a 32 team CFM and noticed after changing my qtr. Length to 9mins and turning acc clock off it turned all assist: On for all the other teams in my league. I may have not noticed before and had the assist off for my Main team (the team you select 1st to start cfm).

Anyway, before I play each game on the schedule now, I'm going to double check my settings and make sure my user assist are off, it's specific to each owner/coaches team.
Would this apply to coach mode as well?

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 12-23-2015, 07:37 PM   #915
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Your referring to the offensive holding slider right? Yeah, without me user controlling them my d-line can't get off any blocks.
Correct. Offensive holding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Josh--haven't tried the auto sub tweak yet but will tonight. That being said I did test (minimally) the adjustments to defensive holding and dpi. I actually prefer the coverage prior to the adjustment. With the adjustment I found the QB taking a while to make decisions passing resulting in sacks or lots of pressured throws. Directly due to the increased better pass coverage. I thought the QB play was better and more consistent with the old settings. Would making the adjustment to holding and leaving the dpi settings alone be a good inbeteeen (tighter coverage but not as tight as making both adjustments)? Thanks!
Again....we're kinda in that area where things may come down to personal preference.

For the DPI slider:

45/55 - the appearance of looser coverage, but better ball skills, probably a tad better QB play
50/55 - tighter coverage, a little more warping (but not bad), QB play a tad more erratic
55/60 - coverage is way too tight, too much warping, probably best suited for sets where one or more pass coverage-related sliders are modified (i.e. not a default set).

Your comment about modifying one, but not the other, is probably dead-on (I think the defensive holding is a "must have"). Lots of people complain when they don't see DBs draped all over WRs, so 50/55 is a nice compromise for those people (and it might be a "must have" for coach moders).

With all of this said, I think I am going to add a little disclaimer to the OP. I think either DPI is extremely viable.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:10 PM   #916
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Dude, these are playing lights out! I started a new CFM as the Cardinals using the latest EA rosters, wish I would have used the Mizzou24 roster after reading this but I had already started so... Only changes from the OP was FAT at 70 instead of 75 and RB auto sub at 80/90 instead of 78/90. I played 12 minute QTRs with no clock runoff. Oh and I play strict Coach Mode, meaning I only call the plays and hike the ball.

I just finished my first game, against the Saints and was very pleased with the results, the game played awesome! It was a bit one sided but that's what I would have expected since my Saints are atrocious. Their D is historically bad and it showed.

Some notable stats:

Score: Cards 42/Aints 20

Palmer 318 yds, 5 TD, 73.9%
Brees 256 yds, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 56%

Rushing was solid on both sides, 4.3 ypc for the Cards and 4.1 ypc for the Aints.

RB splits between starter and backup were 30/8 for the Cards and 11/6 for the Aints, not bad at all.

125 plays total, spot on!

Injuries were very realistic with a good number of guys getting dinged up for a short period as well as a couple going out for the game. I checked the whole league after week one and only 2 teams had no one on the injury list and most had multiple.

Penalties were spot on as well I think, the Cards had 7 for 39 and the Aints 8 for 60, I don't think your going to get much better than that.

I had 2 sacks, the Aints 1, if anything I'd like to see a little more pressure on the QBs, just seemed at times they had too much time in the pocket.

If I wanted to be really nit picky the TEs for both teams were the leading receivers, but that's it, I was really happy with everything else.

I did dominate TOP but the Aints refused to run despite running well and by the 4th QTR I was up and really just milking the clock.

I thought the game played very realistic and the way it unfolded gave a great representation of what you'd see on Sunday afternoon. Brees threw an early pick and we capitalized and went up 14-0. The Aints then got a TD and a FG so it was looking like it would be 14-10 at the half but in true Aints form they gave up a long TD on a missed tackle with under 2:00 minutes in the half. I got the ball out of the half and scored another TD but the Aints put together some good drives but they were stymied in the red zone by the Cards superior DBs and had to settle for 2 FGs and once turning the ball over on downs. Trading TDs for FGs is not going to get you the "W", just like the real Aints. I proceeded to pound the rock for much of the 4th QTR and the Aints got a garbage time TD with like 38 seconds left.

I am psyched to play against a decent team but next up is the Bears, but hey, that's why they play the game! If these continue to play this well over the next couple of games I will probably start a new CFM using Mizzou24's roster and a less powerful team. I had been doing most of my prior testing as the Aints, Browns and Raiders so it was nice to play with a really talented team for a change, LOL. Fantastic job man as always. Now I'm just bummed that we are going out of town for the holidays and I won't get to play til late next week.
I wrote about this very same thing about a week ago, for some reason the Nickleback wont go into press coverage with the other DB's so TE's are able to run free off the line with no bump allowing the qb to get an easy 6-7 yard completion. The only way I have figured how to counter is to manually move the NB up to the line so that he gets hands on the TE or 3rd receiver.

I also wanted to briefly weigh in on the difficulty of the pass rush... I have two CFM's going, one with the bucs where I user an OLB in a 3/4, and Steelers where I user a SS. With the Bucs, I have no problems rushing the passer, we get in between 4-6 sacks per game, and I would estimate that we get pressure on the QB on 75% of snaps. In my Steelers franchise it is the complete opposite...We only get around 2 sacks per game, and those are usually coverage sacks...QB has all day to throw and we can't get pressure or penetration even when rushing 5 or 6.
Old 12-23-2015, 08:29 PM   #917
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adickerson
I wrote about this very same thing about a week ago, for some reason the Nickleback wont go into press coverage with the other DB's so TE's are able to run free off the line with no bump allowing the qb to get an easy 6-7 yard completion. The only way I have figured how to counter is to manually move the NB up to the line so that he gets hands on the TE or 3rd receiver.

I also wanted to briefly weigh in on the difficulty of the pass rush... I have two CFM's going, one with the bucs where I user an OLB in a 3/4, and Steelers where I user a SS. With the Bucs, I have no problems rushing the passer, we get in between 4-6 sacks per game, and I would estimate that we get pressure on the QB on 75% of snaps. In my Steelers franchise it is the complete opposite...We only get around 2 sacks per game, and those are usually coverage sacks...QB has all day to throw and we can't get pressure or penetration even when rushing 5 or 6.
This exactly! I'm hoping the slight change to offensive holding recommended by Josh will help free up my rushers a bit. I'll need to keep an eye on the NB, I thought I noticed him not pressing when you call for press coverage. That sucks as I really try to avoid manipulating the individual players.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 12-23-2015, 08:34 PM   #918
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

OVR: 0

I play strict no switch. Had 0 sacks against Manning in Den (MN), then dropped A.Smith 6 times at home. I never control a DL
Old 12-23-2015, 08:35 PM   #919
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

Josh, do you play ap/ap/ap? Or ap/ap/am

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2015, 08:49 PM   #920
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZito75
Josh, do you play ap/ap/ap? Or ap/ap/am

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I play exclusively on ap/ap/ap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »