JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 119 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-24-2015, 05:12 PM   #945
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
I'm 7-7 with these in my coach mode Bears franchise. They play well, but the one consistant thing (really in general, I've noticed this on other sets throughout all my time with this game) is a complete lack of HUM pass rush. CPU pass rush is fine, but HUM pass rush forever feels nerfed. I do like the idea of all 50, but I feel that has to be addressed, do you recommend anything? Especially since in the NFL, pass blocking is in such a downward spiral into pure terrible play, lol.

And yes, I do have pass rushers on my team. Doesn't make a difference. My DE's just end up dancing helplessly with the tackles on every pass play. A pocket never forms.
For coach mode I just tried putting everything at Default including penalties and Fatigue, injuries. Accel clock off like in the OP. It was by far the best coach mode game I have ever had. Lots of pressure and bad passes on both teams. I was the Vikings vs 49ers. Plenty of subbing also. There were no injuries so I will play a few more games before I try bumping these up. I have been using Josh's sliders for a while and they have been great. I just thought I would try default on everything for fun and was pleasantly surprised. Oh also there was a handful of penalties for both teams. Not sure if they would work the same if I was controlling players but for Coach only it was great.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:19 PM   #946
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
IIRC the reason accel clock isn't used, is because if it's too low, the CPU will never audible on offense.
Nah, it actually effects gameplay. Not sure how exactly, but it feels different. It's not that I didn't like it, but I was more "comfortable" with what I had before with accel clock ON. It's also supposed to help with fatigue and auto subs, and you can see the change of day happening. I'll likely give it another go, but right now I'm happy with what I have.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:39 PM   #947
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
IIRC the reason accel clock isn't used, is because if it's too low, the CPU will never audible on offense.
Fatigue progresses at more realistic pace, time of day changes in lighting, jersey and helmet degradation.
9min, acc clock off and calling plays at the same pace I did w/ acc clock on has provided the avg. Amount of plays per game I'm looking for.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:26 PM   #948
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
Question that's a bit off topic, but this is a reliable thread of dudes, so...figured I'd throw it out there...

I've got my 'progress players' setting on every 4 weeks.

If I 'auto progress' them (i.e. my coordinators are doing it...) I assume they will put the points into the areas that are deemed most important per the offensive and defensive schemes I have--correct?

Again, TIA!
Quote:
Player progression is based off the individual players style. IE if a guy is classified as a run blocker, points go into run blocking automatically.
Actually it's been my experience that it will progress players based off of what you have set as your player schemes. So if you have a QB classified as West Coast but your Player Scheme is set to Strong Arm it will progress him to make him a better Strong Arm QB as opposed to a West Coast QB.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 12-24-2015, 08:29 PM   #949
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Actually it's been my experience that it will progress players based off of what you have set as your player schemes. So if you have a QB classified as West Coast but your Player Scheme is set to Strong Arm it will progress him to make him a better Strong Arm QB as opposed to a West Coast QB.
This is what I was thinking. I mean that's sort of the point of having the schemes and the ratings 'adjust' per scheme chosen IMO.

Thanks for the input man!

New York Yankees Franchise Site
Old 12-24-2015, 10:02 PM   #950
Rookie

Mikeyo918's Arena

OVR: 0

Giving these a shot on AP with the alternate auto subs. How should
I handle the confidence issue? I've usually gone solo CFM and selected the opposing teams coach and then retired him after the game to avoid crazy boosts.
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
Old 12-24-2015, 10:24 PM   #951
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyo918
Giving these a shot on AP with the alternate auto subs. How should
I handle the confidence issue? I've usually gone solo CFM and selected the opposing teams coach and then retired him after the game to avoid crazy boosts.
They patched the crazy boosts a long time ago. I don't even bother about selecting the other team's coaches as you mention.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:27 PM   #952
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Just played first game with this setup (CAR at SEA) and really enjoyed it. I did 10 minute halves, and playing with a run heavy Carolina, I think I should move to 9.

Looking at postgame stats, Cam played 73 downs (was briefly hurt late first half), and Derek Anderson played 8 (81 total). Too many, obviously. Although Russell Wilson played 50 snaps, so that's 131 total...

Game was bizarre. Josh Norman picked off Wilson on his first past, and took it for 6. Next drive, 3rd play, sack/fumble down to the 5, easy punch-in. I'm up 14-0 not 2:00 into the game!

Wound up winning 43-29. Obviously a bit too high scoring, but I'm hoping dropping to 9:00 halves will do the trick there.

Offense: 427 - 366
Rush: 259 - 45
Pass: 168 - 321
Turnovers: 0 - 2

Cam: 18/21, 183 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT (8 rush; 45 yards)
Tre Mason: 27 carries, 116 yards, 1 TD
CAP (Artis-Payne): 13 carries, 68 yards

Really pleased with the balance of carries (stamina 70 per the OP).

New York Yankees Franchise Site

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »