JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 130 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-06-2016, 04:15 PM   #1033
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
Just wanted to chime in with my experience:

I played with the sliders you have in the OP, other than having the original difficulty setting on All-Madden (I'm too afraid to delete my profile to start over and pick All-Pro, as I don't have online access right now in case it deletes a tuner or something else I need). I would think that having that setting would make the game more difficult, if nothing else.

Anyway, I played the first half of 3 games against the same opponent, trying to get a feel for how it would play. I 100% understand it's a small sample size, and that perhaps the second half of my games would have played out different than the first half. However, the first game I was up 21-7 at halftime. Would have been 28-0, but I threw a pick in the redzone and the CPU returned it for a TD. Second game was 24-3 at half. Third game, I was up 21-0 at the end of the first quarter and stopped. I feel like those types of scores indicated for me that these settings wouldn't pose enough of a challenge. I was the 49ers, playing the Texans, so my ratings weren't substantially higher than theirs, if even at all.

WITH THAT, the game did seem to look nice animation-wise. I saw some new catch animations, at least ones that I haven't seen in quite some time. Brian Hoyer completed, I'd say, 50-60% of his passes throughout the three games, which is what I would hope for from a 70's rated QB. So that was good. Unfortunately, Kaepernick only had one game out of the three when he was under 75-ish percent. As much as I love the 49ers, I don't think their offense should be able to drive down the field at will.

Next, I tried leaving things as they were and switched the CFM difficulty to All-Madden. This seemed to give me much more competitive games while keeping the animations looking nice. Unfortunately, as it typically does, All-Madden introduces cheese from the CPU - one handed catches by their linebackers while my wide receivers drop wide open passes, Alfred Blue seemingly trucking all 11 of my defenders on his way to the endzone, unstoppable 4 vertical play-calling by the CPU on third down, etc.

Overall, I still really appreciate the time you put into all of this, Josh! Using your sliders other than putting the difficultly on All-Madden gave me good scores/stats overall, even if how they got their was sort of cheesy on the CPU's part.

I'd also like to add that for anyone complaining about it being too easy or too hard and therefor "these sliders aren't any good", it's impossible to create a 'one slider set fits all'. I can read the defense pre-snap and generally tell if it's cover 3, cover 1, 2 man under, all-out blitz, etc and make adjustments accordingly. That will automatically make it harder to make the CPU give me a challenge as opposed to someone who can't make those reads. The CPU can make Colin Kaepernick not make the proper reads while the CPU controls it, but if I'm making the reads for him, his natural talent makes him a lot better than his ratings would reflect. There's not much anyone can do about that.

Again, thanks for spending so much time and effort on these, man!
Exactly my feeling too. These are my fav sliders as the players seem to play to their ability and it is the smoothest but I just don't get the challenge. As soon as you change things here or their then all decent gameplay seems to be lost. Massive bummer. Great set of sliders
Old 01-07-2016, 10:03 AM   #1034
Rookie

so can you explain to me

AutoSubs affect CPU's QB Accuracy??
Old 01-07-2016, 10:09 AM   #1035
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppedro123321
so can you explain to me

AutoSubs affect CPU's QB Accuracy??
Autosubs affect the play of all players. For QBs, a higher autosub value makes the QBs more aggressive (they don't check down as much) and make more "dangerous" throws. This, in-turn, leads to tougher throws and lower completion percentages.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:25 PM   #1036
Rookie

LucTheHatter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Autosubs affect the play of all players. For QBs, a higher autosub value makes the QBs more aggressive (they don't check down as much) and make more "dangerous" throws. This, in-turn, leads to tougher throws and lower completion percentages.
So, we set the Autosubs for the CPU Teams too?
Old 01-07-2016, 02:48 PM   #1037
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucTheHatter
So, we set the Autosubs for the CPU Teams too?
If you're doing 32 team control, then yes. If not, what you set for your team should apply to CPU.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:33 PM   #1038
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
At this point 60/80 is sweet spot?
Old 01-07-2016, 04:59 PM   #1039
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
At this point 60/80 is sweet spot?
It works well enough....though I haven't given an even higher setting a shot (though I AM curious).
Old 01-07-2016, 05:35 PM   #1040
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

I'm going to give the qb auto subs a try at 99/100. I want to see if cpu quarterbacks will stop targeting only the slot or the TE. I'm interested in seeing the results

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »