Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2016, 08:36 AM   #1065
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulua
after reading your post, I gave it a try and have to say I like what I see, the QB's are more aggressive but not out of control. maybe it's just me but It has a feel like the QB is actually going thru his progressions and not just hiking the ball and quickly dumping it off short to the TE, seem like he actually drops back and takes his time to pick who he want's throw to. I like it.
I agree to an extent. However, I have also seen scrambling QBs at this setting really take off very quickly...they don't even let the route develop for the primary receiver and "boom", they are gone. Played against Cam yesterday and I held him below 100 yards passing (he did have nearly 100 yards on the ground though and the Panthers run game was quite good, but still). However, some of that could be based on their traits of how they sense pressure in the pocket.

I still like what I see on 60/80 QB autosub - in some ways, it is universally tougher to defend. However, I sorta think 99/100 helps a QB's individual traits come through more readily. From a "sim" perspective, this is a good thing...from a "challenge" perspective, I am a bit more wary. I did try some intermediate settings, and they all felt a bit odd to me....I can't put my finger on it.

We need more sample size and more observations to really hone-in on this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2016, 09:11 AM   #1066
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

What does EA consider their default auto sub setting? 60/80 like it is in the mm or 50/50 like it is in CFM?
Old 01-10-2016, 09:16 AM   #1067
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
What does EA consider their default auto sub setting? 60/80 like it is in the mm or 50/50 like it is in CFM?
I am 99% sure it is 60/80. 50/50 doesn't make much sense as a default as it basically means that a guy subs out and subs right back in after 1 play. I'm also fairly sure that 60/80 has been default for other EA games (like NCAA).

Also, the order in CFM is different than in the main menu. If you hit reset in CFM....you will notice a weird visual glitch. I think what it is happening is that it is trying to reset to 60/80 like in the main menu, but because the order is different, it doesn't work right (the "out" would be higher than the "in").
Old 01-10-2016, 09:21 AM   #1068
Banned

OVR: 21

The 99/100 QB setting does seem to make them more....realistic is the word that come to mind. They do not automatically look for the dump off...more downfield attempts it appears. It does also appear they go through their progressions as I see his head turning and "looking" at various receivers.

Weird though. I sympathize with the EA devs if over the years some genius figured they would tie this setting with QB play!

C
Old 01-10-2016, 09:40 AM   #1069
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
The 99/100 QB setting does seem to make them more....realistic is the word that come to mind. They do not automatically look for the dump off...more downfield attempts it appears. It does also appear they go through their progressions as I see his head turning and "looking" at various receivers.
Play with the "previous play information" on and look to see which receiver a QB targets (is it the primary for the play or another guy). When he throws to the non-primary, take a look at the replay.

What I have seen far too often is one of the following:
  • QB "gives up" on slower developing routes far too quickly. Say a guy is running a hitch pattern...he is blanketed before the hitch occurs (the change in direction is usually what sets the WR free), but the QB immediately gets rid of the ball to another guy. I've seen this with guys like Brady too.
  • A defender just starts to break through the O-line, but QB still has time. However, at this setting, the QB doesn't wait for the route to open up - he either takes off (scramblers) or fires it to the next receiver (pocket).
Old 01-10-2016, 09:54 PM   #1070
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

I just want to say thanks for saving this game for me, the latest setup plus the addition of 99/100 QB sub has made this game resemble a game of football better than anything I have seen to date--- at least in my opinion. I play as owner/coach mode and have tried out numerous sliders before finally settling on these. I want to commend and all who contributed I honestly don't know why it has to be this difficult but it is what it is at this point.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:48 PM   #1071
Rookie

OVR: 0

I am getting great results with QB sub set at 60/80. Plenty of scrambling, a lot of deep balls, more WR targets than TE. Just fine.

My main dislike of the gameplay is every game turns into a shootout. I have been playing a long time and have enough skills to get by and I vary my play calls. I know M15 had the D ramped up way to high but this year seems to be the opposite.

I can score point easy enough so I am winning my share, just a bummer that my games are ending with score line like 41-38. I do use the 49ers who suck this year however you should be ale to get stops a little more consistently I would think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2016, 05:53 AM   #1072
Rookie

DaCreaTaur's Arena

OVR: 1

Do I have to do the reset profile step for these settings to work?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »