Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #1233
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Well...that little experiment over the last several posts led me to give a true default AP (with no penalty adjustments) a shot again. I have to say....it really played nicely. The CPU was effective moving the ball, played solid defense and the ratings played out nicely. Line play was also pretty dynamic

The downside of a "pure default" set has always been a lower level of penalties than most of us would like. But, change a penalty slider, alter the gameplay. With King's discovery, we can now create a slider set where we can set the average of the Main Menu (MM) and CFM penalties to 50 as the CFM penalty sliders are the ones that control the number of calls on the field. This setup could be used in either a default AP or AM setup....

I view this is really an alternate setup for those that really dig default gameplay but want more penalties....

Skill Level (Intro/Main/CFM): All Pro/All Pro/All Pro or All Pro/All Pro/All Madden
Game Speed: Normal
Helps: off but, optional
Quarter Length: 12 (Or what ever you want)
Minimum Play Clock Time: 20 seconds (Or what ever you want)
Injuries: 70
Fatigue: 55
Player Min Speed Threshold: 50

Penalties (Key to get proper gameplay)
To Set penalty sliders, you set one set of values in the Main Menu (MM), go into CFM and import them. Then, you manually adjust them in the CFM slider screen to the CFM values. As a note, you can see here that the average of all of the penalty settings is equal to 50 (in theory, meaning that there will be no gameplay impact).

Offsides: (MM - 20) (CFM - 80)
False Start: (MM - 20) (CFM - 80)
Offensive Holding: (MM - 30) (CFM - 70)
Defensive Holding: (MM - 45) (CFM - 55)
Facemask: (MM - 45) (CFM - 55)
Illegal Block ITB: (MM - 50) (CFM - 50)
RTP: (MM - 50) (CFM - 50)
Def PI: (MM - 45) (CFM - 55)
All others set to "on"

Gameplay Sliders User/Cpu
ALL default

Special Teams

If there is enough interest, I can add these to the opening post....but just thought I'd share....I am going to pop these in for a while.

Streaming these on Twitch right now...
http://www.twitch.tv/joshc77
Josh--Long shot here but do you remember what your auto-sub settings were with the set-up above? I'm currently playing all default with 60/80 auto-subs but would like to generate a few more penalties without a negative impact to gameplay/animations. Thank you.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:13 PM   #1234
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Josh--Long shot here but do you remember what your auto-sub settings were with the set-up above? I'm currently playing all default with 60/80 auto-subs but would like to generate a few more penalties without a negative impact to gameplay/animations. Thank you.
Yup...I was using armor and sword's autosubs.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:50 PM   #1235
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Broadcasting:

2017 Falcons preseason opener against Texans. Opening preseason game at new stadium, Falcons Field ( open modern traditional). Come see some new Falcons stars along with some favorites.

Twitch: hunkerdownuga

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2016, 10:44 PM   #1236
Rookie

OVR: 0

Any of you here have any tips to do better vs the cpu, gettin my *** kicked everytime haha, i love it
Old 01-20-2016, 08:57 AM   #1237
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Broadcasting:

2017 Falcons preseason opener against Texans. Opening preseason game at new stadium, Falcons Field ( open modern traditional). Come see some new Falcons stars along with some favorites.

Twitch: hunkerdownuga

Well the slants and underneath routes killing me. Looked at my LB's coverage ratings, and not that good, so brought in higher rated coverage LB's to see if makes a difference. Also going to try my own playcalling, get same plays called all the time, not enough variety. Won that 1st preseaon game with backups 38-31. Brought in RG3 for backup. Texans 1st team D was stacked, should of scouted them 1st. I no switch on D, so player ratings matter. I picked up Bennett to play other DE with Beasley. Might try 3-4 D to see if I play better. Got 3 games left to figure out. Anyone else find best set up for defending underneath or slants?

I am good on outside or deep with Trufant, Amuk, Berry, and Ishmael.

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 01-20-2016 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:27 AM   #1238
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Saw this in another post.....

"The team playbooks are terribly set up by default, having lots of PA on 3rd down that gets the CPU QB sacked because of the terrible blocking on PA, and having verts set up as a highly starred play for all long-yardage passing situations. "
"So this one you can fix by going into each team's books and removing the verts plays from the situational play sets."

Anyone tried this in offline CFM? and does it work, this would be big help. Can you go in create temp coaches for each team, fix playbooks, then retire them, and the changes you made stick?
Old 01-20-2016, 07:38 PM   #1239
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Falcons CFM year 3 starting QB's:
*rookie
**2nd year

Bears- Corbett(LSU)- 81 *
Bengals- Dalton- 93
Bills- Hurst(M Valley St)- 85 **
Broncos- Osweiler- 80
Browns- Manziel- 84
Buccaneers- Winston- 86
Cardinals- Palmer- 91
Chargers- Rivers- 88
Chiefs- Smith- 82
Colts- Luck- 93
Cowboys- Young(Nebraska)- 89**
Dolphins- Tannehill- 82
Eagles- Kaepernick- 77
Falcons- Ryan- 81
49ers- Brees- 85
Giants- Chandler(Alabama)- 77*
Jaguars- Bortles- 86
Jets- Cousins- 78
Lions- Stafford- 81
Packers- Rodgers- 96
Panthers- Newton- 99
Patriots- Hoyer- 81
Raiders- Carr- 88
Rams- McDonald(Miami)- 81*
Ravens- Flacco- 81
Redskins- Garoppolo- 81
Saints- McCarron- 81
Seahawks- Wilson- 99
Steelers- Roethlisberger- 95
Texans- Kenny(Wisconsin)- 81**
Titans- Mariota- 85
Vikings- Bridgewater- 91

8 QB's 90+ rated.
6 QB's starting in 1st 2 years.
9 QB's 30 years or older

Old 01-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #1240
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Saw this in another post.....

"The team playbooks are terribly set up by default, having lots of PA on 3rd down that gets the CPU QB sacked because of the terrible blocking on PA, and having verts set up as a highly starred play for all long-yardage passing situations. "
"So this one you can fix by going into each team's books and removing the verts plays from the situational play sets."

Anyone tried this in offline CFM? and does it work, this would be big help. Can you go in create temp coaches for each team, fix playbooks, then retire them, and the changes you made stick?
If I understand correctly, you would have to create a custom playbook for each team. However, I don't think you can set a custom playbook as default within a coach scheme. If that is true, you would have to do a "two controller method" to set the CPU playbook to the custom playbook (you'll have to search the forum for specifics).

I have no doubt that this would help to a degree, but a fair bit of work up front to make it happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »