JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 158 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-22-2016, 11:20 PM   #1257
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerHB52
Man those anybody have some tips for throwing the ball? I started a new CFM with the Bengals and no joke, I've thrown 15 INTs in the first four games with Dalton. I know im just about average regarding madden but in past titles I used to play on All Pro and wasnt as difficult as it is with madden 16. Its just infuriating lol. Should. i lower the INT skill for the cpu? Thanks!
Study your replays on INTs...

WAAAAAAY more often than not, you'll see who you SHOULD have thrown the ball to...and that guy is either wide open or close to it...

1) KNOW your plays...meaning, know the first / second and checkdown options and where they will be at any point in their route...

2) Check the matchup stick at the LOS and mentally eliminate any "red" (negative) option and make note of the "green" (positive) options...

3) In your pre-snap read, READ the defense...if there is a floating letter above a player, make note of what he does after the snap...for instance, if it's the LLOB and he follows your TE into the flat, the HB is going to be open in the space he vacated on a hook route or the slot on a slant, etc...

4) There's a tiny ACC boost for throwing to the "red route", so unless that's "dead red" on the matchup stick, work off of it...

5) Throw your receiver open...don't wait until he's open...

6) Use protection shifts / motion / audibles / adjust routes...

Hit the skills trainer and embrace the learning curve...

Old 01-22-2016, 11:28 PM   #1258
Rookie

thegame19991999's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Study your replays on INTs...

WAAAAAAY more often than not, you'll see who you SHOULD have thrown the ball to...and that guy is either wide open or close to it...

1) KNOW your plays...meaning, know the first / second and checkdown options and where they will be at any point in their route...

2) Check the matchup stick at the LOS and mentally eliminate any "red" (negative) option and make note of the "green" (positive) options...

3) In your pre-snap read, READ the defense...if there is a floating letter above a player, make note of what he does after the snap...for instance, if it's the LLOB and he follows your TE into the flat, the HB is going to be open in the space he vacated on a hook route or the slot on a slant, etc...

4) There's a tiny ACC boost for throwing to the "red route", so unless that's "dead red" on the matchup stick, work off of it...

5) Throw your receiver open...don't wait until he's open...

6) Use protection shifts / motion / audibles / adjust routes...

Hit the skills trainer and embrace the learning curve...

Question about point 1 how to you know which one is the number 2-3 options

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2016, 11:40 PM   #1259
Pro

OVR: 0

Josh have you found the best Settings for DPI for CFM?

Sent from My S4 using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2016, 11:50 PM   #1260
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegame19991999
Question about point 1 how to you know which one is the number 2-3 options

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
It's a combination of who the play was designed for (red route) / matchup stick and / or pre-snap reads...

Madden surprisingly mimics football well enough, that you can hit youtube for the basics of route combinations...

There's WAAAAY to many to get into here...

That being said, an example would be a double slant with the X and the Y going over the middle, while the TE rolls into the flat they vacated...

The first read is the slot, the second is the trailer and the third is the TE...

You read the MLB / LLOB and see where the vacancy is and hit the Y (1st option) or X (2nd option) in stride...if they're both covered, chances are the TE is sitting in the flat by himself...

The key is knowing where you players are and when they get there...

That way, you can simply pay attention to the defense...

On a pass play, your focus should always be from the LBs to the secondary...

You shouldn't have to look at your receivers or pay attention to the rush...

That way, the pre-snap and post snap reads will tell you if they're in Man / Zone / dropping back / rolling to one side or leaving a hole due to a blitz...

Throw into the Blitz...

The blitzer vacates a spot, further determining progressions...

A LOT of this is also in the Skills Trainer...

Lastly, when a less experienced player comes into a new system, the first learn to read the "red route" and the dump off for that play...

THEN, they progress to reading the half of the field that the "red route" is on from "top" (deepest) to "middle" (second option) to "bottom" (dump off)...

Eventually, the goal is to be able to read the whole field, but less than half of the starters in the NFL (or thereabouts) can do that at will....and only a handful are actually, consistently, reliable at it...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 01-22-2016 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:07 AM   #1261
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Broadcasting :

Falcons vs Panthers -game 2

testing fatigue at 58 with 60/80 subs.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 01-23-2016, 01:12 AM   #1262
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

freaking panthers, who i held to 6 points in 3 quarters, went robo mode, scored 18 in 4th. won 24-21. 2nd teamers in game to much later in game, no one else see this? same reason why none of my d players have comparable tackle numbers. subbing in and out to much maybe?

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 01-23-2016, 01:31 AM   #1263
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Just an opinion, but I've noticed that defense is a lot better without the tuner. With the tuner on, my corners were brain dead while without the tuner they reacted to the play. I think I'm going to stay without the tuner as its giving me a better playing game.
Old 01-23-2016, 01:47 AM   #1264
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
freaking panthers, who i held to 6 points in 3 quarters, went robo mode, scored 18 in 4th. won 24-21. 2nd teamers in game to much later in game, no one else see this? same reason why none of my d players have comparable tackle numbers. subbing in and out to much maybe?

Could it be the auto subs? I am using op auto subs with the change of 60/80 for QB so it looks like this

60/80
78/90
55/50
55/50
0/3

Defense is all 55/50

I have fatigue what it is recommend for 9 minute quarters and play on 13 minutes with accelerated click on. I experience no Robo CPU at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »