Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2015, 01:35 AM   #121
Rookie

cjhunter316's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Going to be streaming some Madden tonight with your sliders, Josh. Got the London Black Knights taking on the Denver Broncos.

http://www.twitch.tv/cjhunter316

Had to cancel the stream. Something came up. I will, however, stream tomorrow.

Last edited by cjhunter316; 09-20-2015 at 02:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 10:39 AM   #122
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Hey Josh:

Have you gotten a sense of exactly how both the Pass Reaction and Pass Defense sliders are working this year?

For instance, is:

1) Faster reaction = higher than default or lower?

2) Tighter pass defense = higher than default or lower?

I'm still wondering if that's even close to how they work OR if they're still tied to run VERSUS pass modification, as in:

1) Lower than default = more run reaction than pass reaction

2) Lower than default = more run defense than pass defense

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2015, 11:04 AM   #123
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Hey Josh:

Have you gotten a sense of exactly how both the Pass Reaction and Pass Defense sliders are working this year?

For instance, is:

1) Faster reaction = higher than default or lower?

2) Tighter pass defense = higher than default or lower?

I'm still wondering if that's even close to how they work OR if they're still tied to run VERSUS pass modification, as in:

1) Lower than default = more run reaction than pass reaction

2) Lower than default = more run defense than pass defense

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Hey man....

Truth be told, I haven't looked in-depth at the pass coverage and reaction sliders. It would appear that the reaction slider works as intended and does not affect run versus pass as it did previously. However, I have not done much with it...I've been quite satisfied with my current setup thus far.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #124
Rookie

Fly8Eagles4Fly's Arena

OVR: 2

Played first game of my 2nd season last night as the Black Knights (Jaguars).

Overall was excellent, as I pulled out the victory 20-13, but not without a late push by the Raiders. Carr started horrible (0-4; and then 4-10), but he pulled it together in the 4th and made a late push, but nothing that was Robo QB. He actually missed a couple throws on the final few drives as he was trying to push it downfield more. He finished 18/31 for 283; 1 TD; 2 INT.

I was starting a rookie QB (77 OVR with decent accuracy stats all in the high 70s/low 80s. He ended up 14/23 for 189; 1 TD; 0 INT.

I got a pick in the endzone on the first drive and thwarted the momentum Oakland built on the drive. Took it the 80 yards on the following drive to go up 7-0. Carr struggled and I got out to a 17-3 lead at the half. My defense is actually pretty stout after a year of development for the Jags D, plus a couple key signings (Nigel Bradham, Josh Norman; Draft CB 82 OVR), plus the return of Fowler rushing the passer. SO, I wasn't too surprised. Yeldon started hot and cooled off, finished 25-114-2TD. His opposite Latavius Murray was solid with spurts of good and bad 17-77.

Second half my offense stalled big time, I was only able to muster a FG after a Paul Posluzsny INT return to the OAK 23. It was beautiful. He dropped into his zone, picked up the TE, Carr bulleted it, but it was a tad late and little behind and he stepped in front and took it the other way. I think Cooper caught up to me for the TD saving tackle. Carr picked it up. Again he was better, but not world beater, and still missed realistic throws.

Penalties were a slight worry. The Raiders were called for 7!! False Starts. The Raiders do have a Rookie RT (I scouted him and wanted him!) and were on the road, but none were him. A little concerning, but hopefully they even out. I was called for defensive holding on two deep plays to Amari Cooper, nothing unrealistic on them. Raiders totaled 12 penalties for 77 yards. I had 6 for 35.

As a whole, great game. Both teams had spots of good and bad. Almost felt like I would run away with it early, but Oakland made a good comeback that felt organic. I'll try to do updates with each game played. Probably won't play again until tomorrow. Good stuff!
Old 09-20-2015, 01:01 PM   #125
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly8Eagles4Fly
Any secret to getting that 50-50 split between HBs? Or do you manually switch. I've been trying!!
I split manually. Sometimes I like having a "first half" back and a "second half" back.

In the first game I played I had a really good sub set going on I was happy with, but I changed some things around and it stopped happening and I can't remember what I did. I used Armors fatigue/sub sets for that game with fatigue at 53, but I'm changing to 55 for the next one. If that doesn't get back to what I had I'll put RB In/Out to 90/80 (it's at 78 right now)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #126
MVP

Year 2

Rams (me): 30
Cardinals: 47

STL-ARI
Total Offense: 475-506
Rush: 81-151
Pass: 394-355
Turnovers: 3-1
3rd Down: 8/16-8/16
Penalties: 4-4
POS: 31-28

STL
B. Petty: 32/55, 408yds, 58%, 3td, 3int, 7.4avg, 39long
T. Gurley: 17att, 75yds, 4.4avg, 1td, 24long
D. Donaldson: 2att, 5yds, 2.5avg, 3long

ARI
T. Bennett: 17/25, 292yds, 68%, 3td, 1int, 11.6avg, 62long
M. Barkley: 2/2, 73yds, 100%, 1td, 36.5avg, 66long
J. Dwyer: 23att, 86yds, 3.7avg, 34long
D. Johnson: 8att, 20yds, 2.5avg, 1td, 7long
T. Bennett: 4att, 39yds, 9.7avg, 19long

The 77ovr rookie QB for the Cardinals carved me up. I tried zones, mans, blitzes, everything, he was auto for the first half. Score probably wouldn't have been so bad though if I just TAKE MY HANDS OFF THE CONTROLS on D, lol. So many big plays happened for them because I kept trying to switch to make the tackles and things, and it rarely works well for me on Madden (although pretty good on NCAA). From now on I'm just broadcast viewing and letting the CPU take control of the D.

And yeah they got up big quick, hence my passing attempts and not much running.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:27 PM   #127
MVP

Definitely have an issue right now with the pass rush. My D-line, with 2 99 overall players and two high 80's, are generating absolutely no pressure, and are even being pushed back at times in the passing game by a Giants line that averages mid 70s

In hindsight the Cardinals also got quite a lot of time to throw, which is letting these mid-70 ovr QBs style all over my secondary.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:32 PM   #128
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Definitely have an issue right now with the pass rush. My D-line, with 2 99 overall players and two high 80's, are generating absolutely no pressure, and are even being pushed back at times in the passing game by a Giants line that averages mid 70s

In hindsight the Cardinals also got quite a lot of time to throw, which is letting these mid-70 ovr QBs style all over my secondary.
I've seen some similar issues....try slowly dropping CPU PBK until you get a spot you feel good with. For point of reference, I thought 43 was too low....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »