JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 178 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-07-2016, 07:44 AM   #1417
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Howdy all, just a quick follow up on the "how do you limit cheeze play style" after cousin proceeded to put up another 700 yd (this time with 270+ rush and 500 pass) game I started working on things.

Josh I liked your jrod black set idea...the problem I have with a set that extreme is every team you play is the same, not fun for me.

The solution came from flazko, the bumping the speed parity to 90 and gameplay to slow really limited the damage his meshes and tosses with a super fast back were doing, all without crushing the fun games I was experiencing with your sliders.

Thanks again for all your work
Old 02-07-2016, 08:46 AM   #1418
Rookie

adickerson's Arena

OVR: 1

Broadcasting in 5 minutes:

Year 1 Steelers, Divisional Rd

9-7 Bungles vs. 16-0 Stillers

Exact OP settings

http://www.twitch.tv/aarond1977

I have no Idea what happened, but I decided to play my last 2 games using the OP settings and I had 121 and 126 plays! I'm ecstatic with this because this set plays so much better on 9min quarters...it is amazing the difference 1 minute makes.
All season on 10 min quarters I have been able to move the ball with ease, almost with my eyes closed...AB was pretty much uncoverable, (matter of fact he set the record for yards and receptions, and was 2 away from the td record and would have had it if I didn't also have bryant who is a red zone terror) and Bryant was almost automatic in 1 on 1 situations downfield. On 9 minutes AB is still a beast, but I am seeing situations where he is knocked of his route or pressed out of the play. All this to say that I think that coverage for both sides is much better on 9mins, so much so that I damn near lost to the Austin Davis( who somehow turned into Joe Montana-33/46[71%], 434yds, 3tds, 2ints) led Browns in the last game of the season because I threw 3 careless interceptions.

Only Issue I had was with fatigue at 60...My entire O'line would sub out after 7 plays which played havoc with my redzone offense, so I lowered to 58 and only saw 2 O'line subs the entire game, which is still 2 too many, but I can live with that.

Last edited by adickerson; 02-07-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:26 AM   #1419
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Howdy all, just a quick follow up on the "how do you limit cheeze play style" after cousin proceeded to put up another 700 yd (this time with 270+ rush and 500 pass) game I started working on things.

Josh I liked your jrod black set idea...the problem I have with a set that extreme is every team you play is the same, not fun for me.

The solution came from flazko, the bumping the speed parity to 90 and gameplay to slow really limited the damage his meshes and tosses with a super fast back were doing, all without crushing the fun games I was experiencing with your sliders.

Thanks again for all your work
Matt10 and I discussed the higher threshold on Twitch one night and I saw the discussion in Flazko's thread. I haven't tried it yet, but I would keep an eye out on two things:

1. Is the coverage so tight that the CPU QBs start throwing everything to the backs, slots, and TEs?
2. Is there still differentiation between high acceleration backs and low acceleration backs? On older games, setting acceleration that high would cause a 90 speed/80 acceleration player and a 90 speed/90 acceleration player to essentially be equal. I don't know if that is the case here, but it is something to keep in mind.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:45 AM   #1420
Pro

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Josh---just an idea. To tighten pass coverage would it make sense to raise DPI to 50/55? Or even 55/60? Thinking the 50/55 CB auto subs would counter balance the effect of higher dpi. Only issue is CPU would be effected as well. So the trick is how to make human passing more challenging while not affecting the CPU passing game. I am starting to experience human passing getting easier over time but the CPU passing game is perfect for me.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:56 AM   #1421
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Josh---just an idea. To tighten pass coverage would it make sense to raise DPI to 50/55? Or even 55/60? Thinking the 50/55 CB auto subs would counter balance the effect of higher dpi. Only issue is CPU would be effected as well. So the trick is how to make human passing more challenging while not affecting the CPU passing game. I am starting to experience human passing getting easier over time but the CPU passing game is perfect for me.
One thought would be to use the "drive goal workaround"...BUT, when setting up your opponent's autosubs, set their DB autosub to 60/80 (or higher). I have not tried this, but I'm guessing that if your CPU opponent is a team you control, whatever autosubs you set will be the ones they use. If you are playing a strictly CPU-controlled team (i.e. single team franchise without any workaround), I think they take whatever autosubs you set for your team. None of this has been tested nor confirmed....but it might work.

One other thing, I've been toying around a bit with using 55/65 autosubs for WRs and DBs...looking to refine the coverage and interactions a bit.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 02-07-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:20 AM   #1422
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

Thanks josh, I'll keep an eye out. But I'm guessing it'll come down to a picking your poison issue. The one thing I noticed with the threshold so high in my game was hb screens were more effective than they perhaps should be because the lineman were too effective, you never had to wait for them.

But as has been said, there is no perfect game, you just want to get close while still having fun!
Old 02-07-2016, 05:29 PM   #1423
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I really think current OP settings are great, think only thing I would adjust would be fatigue at 58 instead of 60. Just seeing a little to much subbing, especially on oline. Will try in next game.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 02-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #1424
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Well I can say these sliders are perfect for me. I just finished year 2 of my rams CFM and they went 11-5 losing in wildcard to the 12-4 cardinals 35-37. It seems to be a close game but it wasn't at all. Drew Staton at QB for the Rams threw a pick six and another two picks. He was errant all day and lost us this one.

Heading into offseason:

Ranked 26th offense

Ranked 1st defense.

Looking to fix that offense with free agency and doing a complete overhaul to the offensive line so Gurley and Now 1 year pro QB can actually be able to do something. The rushing attacked ranked 24th overall ( Gurley hurt for 10 weeks.) passing game was dead last ( Rookie QB hurt a lot cause of poor offense)

But thanks for the awesome sliders and all the great work Josh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »