JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 210 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-21-2016, 05:24 PM   #1673
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by snellman
BTW, is anyone else struggling with Pass D? Through 7 games, I am first in Rush D, first in INT, but dead last in pass D. It is that way in both of my Franchises, so I am assuming it is just in the game, but was wondering if anyone is having luck with Pass D.
I'm having the opposite problem with my year 1 Rams CFM. I'm near the top in pass defense and near the bottom in run defense.
Old 02-21-2016, 05:27 PM   #1674
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

We all have different results, awesome!!!

In my case, my corners are good, but everything else just average. High 70's at best.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 02-21-2016 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:35 PM   #1675
Rookie

OVR: 0

It is weird because in my rams franchise, I am getting the turnovers but giving up tons of yards.

Forgot to add, I am wondering if anyone else is seeing this: One of my frustrations with the 50 fatigue vs the 58 was substitutions. However I am now heading into week 8 and the last couple of weeks I have noticed substitutions especially at the RB position happening more later in the game. The AI wouldn't be smart that as the season goes on players tire out faster would it? I am seeing earlier substitutions at the WR, RB, TE and even LB and DB positions in the last 3 games than I saw in the first 5.

Last edited by snellman; 02-21-2016 at 08:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:42 PM   #1676
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
It is weird because in my rams franchise, I am getting the turnovers but giving up tons of yards.
Just looking at stats now....12 games into year 1, we are first in pass defense and have now moved up to 19th in run defense. I didn't make any acquisitions either....I think it is mainly about how you set your coaching scheme and how you call plays.

That said....I'm going to stream my week 14 game against the 2-10 Lions here in a second....

http://www.twitch.tv/joshc77
Old 02-21-2016, 10:25 PM   #1677
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Just looking at stats now....12 games into year 1, we are first in pass defense and have now moved up to 19th in run defense. I didn't make any acquisitions either....I think it is mainly about how you set your coaching scheme and how you call plays.

That said....I'm going to stream my week 14 game against the 2-10 Lions here in a second....

http://www.twitch.tv/joshc77
Here is a question: Do you set your scheme to match your players or set it up for what scheme you want to run?

I currently set my scheme to match my players. For example if I draft a CB who is set up as Run Support, I will change the CB in my scheme to run support to give him the highest OVR and a boost to a couple of his ratings. I know OVR does not affect actual game play, but it makes it look better..lol. This may be the reason I am struggling with pass D though.

If you do not do that, I would love to see a screenshot of your scheme for D, I may copy it to see if it makes a difference in pass D.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:35 PM   #1678
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Here is a question: Do you set your scheme to match your players or set it up for what scheme you want to run?

I currently set my scheme to match my players. For example if I draft a CB who is set up as Run Support, I will change the CB in my scheme to run support to give him the highest OVR and a boost to a couple of his ratings. I know OVR does not affect actual game play, but it makes it look better..lol. This may be the reason I am struggling with pass D though.

If you do not do that, I would love to see a screenshot of your scheme for D, I may copy it to see if it makes a difference in pass D.
I loosely set my scheme based on the players....but I also base it around my style. I almost always set my corners to man-to-man because I want them focused on coverage. The Rams have good, fast LBs so I let them cover the perimeter more by setting them to balanced (prototype can work too). I use my FS as a playmaker and use the SS in zone. Quinn is set to speed rush while the remainder of the d-line is set to balanced. So, basically, my DBs hang in coverage, my LBs are free to roam more based on the play call and my d-line attacks. I've been using a ton of cover-3 buzz to complement the base man-to-man plays and it has worked well.

As my players gain XP, I invest in the skills that better complement this setup (unless they are ultra-low...then I just focus on what they do well). As a consequence, the unit has steadily improved throughout the season.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:45 PM   #1679
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I loosely set my scheme based on the players....but I also base it around my style. I almost always set my corners to man-to-man because I want them focused on coverage. The Rams have good, fast LBs so I let them cover the perimeter more by setting them to balanced (prototype can work too). I use my FS as a playmaker and use the SS in zone. Quinn is set to speed rush while the remainder of the d-line is set to balanced. So, basically, my DBs hang in coverage, my LBs are free to roam more based on the play call and my d-line attacks. I've been using a ton of cover-3 buzz to complement the base man-to-man plays and it has worked well.

As my players gain XP, I invest in the skills that better complement this setup (unless they are ultra-low...then I just focus on what they do well). As a consequence, the unit has steadily improved throughout the season.
Interesting, I think I am going to change some things around. I am in my 2nd season so of course I have different players, but my CBs are the same, and my D-line is the same except I picked up Danielle Hunter when MN dropped him as a project because I love his speed and accel. All of my LBs are different, but still very fast. Will be interesting to see the results for the last half of the season.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:51 PM   #1680
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Interesting, I think I am going to change some things around. I am in my 2nd season so of course I have different players, but my CBs are the same, and my D-line is the same except I picked up Danielle Hunter when MN dropped him as a project because I love his speed and accel. All of my LBs are different, but still very fast. Will be interesting to see the results for the last half of the season.
If they are young LBs with low play recognition and awareness, I would probably consider favoring the prototype setup over balanced (basically, they use their athleticism over skills).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »