JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 211 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-21-2016, 11:18 PM   #1681
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by snellman
Here is a question: Do you set your scheme to match your players or set it up for what scheme you want to run?

I currently set my scheme to match my players. For example if I draft a CB who is set up as Run Support, I will change the CB in my scheme to run support to give him the highest OVR and a boost to a couple of his ratings. I know OVR does not affect actual game play, but it makes it look better..lol. This may be the reason I am struggling with pass D though.

If you do not do that, I would love to see a screenshot of your scheme for D, I may copy it to see if it makes a difference in pass D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I loosely set my scheme based on the players....but I also base it around my style. I almost always set my corners to man-to-man because I want them focused on coverage. The Rams have good, fast LBs so I let them cover the perimeter more by setting them to balanced (prototype can work too). I use my FS as a playmaker and use the SS in zone. Quinn is set to speed rush while the remainder of the d-line is set to balanced. So, basically, my DBs hang in coverage, my LBs are free to roam more based on the play call and my d-line attacks. I've been using a ton of cover-3 buzz to complement the base man-to-man plays and it has worked well.

As my players gain XP, I invest in the skills that better complement this setup (unless they are ultra-low...then I just focus on what they do well). As a consequence, the unit has steadily improved throughout the season.
Just to piggy back on this a bit I have another strategy that I've been messing with regarding player scheme. Just to be an *** and give another option lol. Sorry. Anyways what I do is take the Avg Ovr of each Position per Scheme. But I group some position. All DBs for CB, SS, and FS. All LBs, for OLB and MLB, All DL for DE and DT. All OL for OT, OG, and C. Usually I clump FB and TE together as well. So once I figure out which scheme gives the best Avg Ovr by position that's the one I roll with. So it might not necessarily be the best scheme for the actual starter but as a team its the best one if that makes sense. It's has seemed to work pretty darn well so far. Obviously play calling and the quality of your players matters a great deal but this seems to be a cool option to try out.

NFL: Chargers
Bandwagon NFL: TBD
MLB: Padres
NCAAF: San Diego State
NCAAB: San Diego State

Old 02-21-2016, 11:25 PM   #1682
Rookie

OVR: 0

I will probably have to look at my playcalling. I am currently playing the Redskins who are 1-7 and ranked dead last in pass offense. RGIII currently has 220 passing yds at halftime...lol. Had a feeling the first series that it was going to be one of those games.
Old 02-22-2016, 02:38 AM   #1683
Pro

I've been struggling with pass D too. But I just played mark Sanchez and let me tell you it's so good to be on the other side of the INT experience. Poor guy threw 5 picks. 3 in a row in the 4th quarter. All 3 went for 6 great day for my rookie LOLB, he had 2 of them. So instead of a nice, 21-13 win, I got a 42-13. Probably won't happen again so I'm gonna enjoy it by not playing anymore games tonight and reliving those glorious moment in my head. Because as the Jaguars, they are sooooo rare, you gotta soak it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2016, 03:01 AM   #1684
Rookie

OVR: 1

What's the rotation like having fatigue at 50 with default auto subs. Does the 2nd string RB ever come into the game?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2016, 08:10 AM   #1685
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickda55
What's the rotation like having fatigue at 50 with default auto subs. Does the 2nd string RB ever come into the game?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
They do for me. Not some huge %, but they do. I also have 3rd down hb as my backup.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 02-22-2016, 08:29 AM   #1686
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

So I tried a fresh CFM w/ default 75 man roster and OP setup and yup, Khalib is 100% right. The game plays and feels 100% different.

On pure default, save sub settings, I won 21-16 as SEA vs. STL in 15 minute quarters. The game was simply amazing. I gave up 150 to Gurley but played well vs. Foles.

One very noticeable thing is that at default across the board I saw numerous off target throws for both sides, and I saw CPU Foles attempt a range of pass types I'd never seen before.

I also felt, for the first time, the real power of an OL/DL matchup where I was scared to death of Aaron Donald.

I played w/ the tuner and everything, and WR/DB play on the whole looked very good.

The CPU was great in pass defense--very realistic, and I had to be really smart about my throws.

If anything, I'll look at using penalties to tighten HUM MCV just a tad, but I don't have enough sample size.

What I can say is that the traits and player behaviors are unquestionably very different with the default 75 man roster than with any of the updates or edited roster. It plays much cleaner, truer to ratings, and closer to the original out of the box realism that I found when I played my first games in Play Now.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:02 AM   #1687
Pro

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

My starter only has 78 stamina, so they get around 65/35

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by sms024; 02-22-2016 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #1688
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
So I tried a fresh CFM w/ default 75 man roster and OP setup and yup, Khalib is 100% right. The game plays and feels 100% different.

On pure default, save sub settings, I won 21-16 as SEA vs. STL in 15 minute quarters. The game was simply amazing. I gave up 150 to Gurley but played well vs. Foles.

One very noticeable thing is that at default across the board I saw numerous off target throws for both sides, and I saw CPU Foles attempt a range of pass types I'd never seen before.

I also felt, for the first time, the real power of an OL/DL matchup where I was scared to death of Aaron Donald.

I played w/ the tuner and everything, and WR/DB play on the whole looked very good.

The CPU was great in pass defense--very realistic, and I had to be really smart about my throws.

If anything, I'll look at using penalties to tighten HUM MCV just a tad, but I don't have enough sample size.

What I can say is that the traits and player behaviors are unquestionably very different with the default 75 man roster than with any of the updates or edited roster. It plays much cleaner, truer to ratings, and closer to the original out of the box realism that I found when I played my first games in Play Now.
Just curious....you mention the op setup and 'pure default'. Were you using the penalty slider adjustments or did you stick with all 50s?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »