JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 213 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-22-2016, 08:36 PM   #1697
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by snellman
I will probably have to look at my playcalling. I am currently playing the Redskins who are 1-7 and ranked dead last in pass offense. RGIII currently has 220 passing yds at halftime...lol. Had a feeling the first series that it was going to be one of those games.
Ended up losing this game last night. Held RGIII in check better in the 2nd half, but I couldn't complete a pass to save my life. I also threw 5 picks, which ticked me off at first, but after I thought about it, I have a Rookie QB who is currently leading the league in yds and TDs (unfortunately also leading in picks...lol) , they are going to have bad games time to time especially in their rookie year, just like real life...lol. Made me feel better at least.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:28 PM   #1698
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

There's another interesting difference that's noteworthy when doing the fresh CFM with the preseason roster, and since this has become a point of focus in your thread for the moment, Josh, I wanted to share it here for interested parties.

The trade function for 32-team control is somehow improved with the preseason roster. My guess is something in the loaded rosters borked trades for 32 team control setups. It used to be that the degree of team interest in a particular trade wasn't properly working. If you could get a green light on, say Aldon Smith to AZ, which I always could in my Raiders CFM, you could load up anybody on AZ and the light would stay green, even if the value was clearly off.

Now, the interest indicator functions more realistically and will turn from green to orange to red if you're offering a deal that's totally bunk in the CPU's eyes.

I noticed this when I went in as OAK to look at Knile Davis, who was on the block (I have trades to enable all with 32 team owner mode control and 31 teams set to autopilot). I offered a 5th and got orange, then I offered a 7th and got red, which tells me the CPU is now able to be dealt with in this kind of CFM without being totally fleeced. My hunch is that a 4th or 3rd could have gotten me a green light.

I have been running 32-team owner mode for a while, so this difference was immediately apparent, and is a development for the good, I think, as I had consigned myself to never trading in franchise because the trade indicator was borked.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-23-2016, 01:22 AM   #1699
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
So I tried a fresh CFM w/ default 75 man roster and OP setup and yup, Khalib is 100% right. The game plays and feels 100% different.

On pure default, save sub settings, I won 21-16 as SEA vs. STL in 15 minute quarters. The game was simply amazing. I gave up 150 to Gurley but played well vs. Foles.

One very noticeable thing is that at default across the board I saw numerous off target throws for both sides, and I saw CPU Foles attempt a range of pass types I'd never seen before.

I also felt, for the first time, the real power of an OL/DL matchup where I was scared to death of Aaron Donald.

I played w/ the tuner and everything, and WR/DB play on the whole looked very good.

The CPU was great in pass defense--very realistic, and I had to be really smart about my throws.

If anything, I'll look at using penalties to tighten HUM MCV just a tad, but I don't have enough sample size.

What I can say is that the traits and player behaviors are unquestionably very different with the default 75 man roster than with any of the updates or edited roster. It plays much cleaner, truer to ratings, and closer to the original out of the box realism that I found when I played my first games in Play Now.
Wow yeah game play was great with the 75 man roster can't believe the differance, quite amazing.
Looks like iam restarting again lol.....

Last edited by Rjrosco; 02-23-2016 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Why not
Old 02-23-2016, 08:20 AM   #1700
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Yeah, count me in for the 75 man preseason roster camp devotees.

The online franchise I just deleted became an interception fest for me the human player. Plus, I wasn't able to get Lacy untracked.

Last night, started the new franchise with OP settings and it's a new game. Rodgers hit 65% of his passes and no int's. Cutler hit 63% and did a Cutler is Cutler move with 49 seconds left and threw the ball in the middle of the field with no one around except Burnett because he was rushed by Peppers and Perry.

Lacy rushed for close to 60 yds, the only downer was Forte rushed for only 30 some yards.

This game was more authentic and organic than the previous blown up franchise mode.

One game = small sample size, I know, but I have a feeling this will stay from here on out.

Score- Packers 21 Bears 17. Great game.

Last edited by roadman; 02-23-2016 at 08:28 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:51 AM   #1701
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Man you guys are blowing it away with the findings in this year in Madden. Thanks for directing me over here, roadman!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 02-23-2016, 09:13 AM   #1702
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Probably a dumb question, but hoping someone can explain. By preseason roster, does that mean the original roster the game shipped with without the weekly updates?

If not, is it a matter of telling the game to load the default roster when starting a new cfm?

Thanks if anyone can help!
Old 02-23-2016, 12:08 PM   #1703
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Probably a dumb question, but hoping someone can explain. By preseason roster, does that mean the original roster the game shipped with without the weekly updates?

If not, is it a matter of telling the game to load the default roster when starting a new cfm?

Thanks if anyone can help!
If you start a new CFM, you have two options. One is for the preseason roster, the other is to load the active roster from the main menu. You want to select the preseason roster.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:09 PM   #1704
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I just wish I could play, have not been able to since Saturday, madden withdrawals. cannot think of last time I felt that way for madden. Haha

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »