Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #1849
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

took a break from my 9ers franchise and picked a basket case, the Browns. As owner (fan) i did a lot of stuff before preseason game 1, using the sliders and 75 preseason roster. dumped a whole load of players or traded them or for them and picked up whatever i could via FA with the sole objective of surviving year 1 and having more than 7 picks. playing with custom playbooks and coach mode.

key changes with players on roster week 1 iirc
Nassib/Osweiler off trade block Hutson FA, osweiler injured 8 weeks end preseason trade block mccarron
Stephen Jackson FA, MacKinnon trade block and Coleman trade
some 80 odd FB FA i cant remember name
gordon/bowe retained, amendola trade block, welker and j jones FA
Z Miller/Hartsock FA Sims trade block
b campbell FA, switch Schwartz to LT, some double barrelled young LG off trade block, tretter trade block, j long FA switch to RT

some bunch of FA DEs or cut and resigned ie simulate cut or lower pay to stay
lbs; lemonier, z brown, a brown, v williams off trade block, and a fa olb i cant remember
dbs mathis fa use as a s, and some older types heavy in zcv and prc but low physical

anyhoo to my surprise my starting team in wk 1 says im a 89 ovr team !!!

concentrating on pounding ball and short passes nassib is starter.

at week 7 im 6-1 !!! few close games winning by a score, only loss to ten 13-21. have 8m cap pen in 15 13m in 16, 6m cap space at the mo. 8m odd in funds. realising the only plus of being owner is i get to sign trainer/scout end of season however big minus not being created coach is cant keep him there if i win.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:08 AM   #1850
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

I was handle my franchises in sports games the same: 1st year as close to real world roster as possible, like to see how I do compared to actual team. Then that 1st offseason will be my decisions moving forward.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2016, 11:00 PM   #1851
Rookie

OVR: 0

First of all, please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this question. For some odd reason, Op. Sports won't allow me to post a new thread at this point, but this thread is relevant to my question.

So there are TONS and tons of posts regarding how to make (Madden '16) gameplay more realistic and difficult, but I cannot find anything about how to make it EASIER. Yes, easier. I spend hundreds of hours playing CFM (all-pro), and sometimes, I enjoy starting a realistic franchise with salary cap/realistic stats, etc. But, I also enjoy creating franchises with no salary cap to draft and develop players and break all of the NFL career, single season, and single game stats records. That's where I'm at now.

Anyway, the only records that I can never come close to breaking are the interception records. On all pro, the CPU/AI had a well known tendency to take loads of sacks (which is fun and all), and dump off short passes. But, the computer does not fumble, and having messed with a handful of slider variations/tweaks, I cannot get the CPU AI to throw more INTs.

My defense is almost 99 ovr everything - I run an attacking 4-3 and have two 99 ovr speed rusher DEs, a 99 ovr nose tackle type 4-3 DT, and a 99 ovr pass rushing type 4-3 DT. Have great linebackers (some just retired so my upcoming stars are in the low 90s ovr right now). Have 99ovr safetys. One of them was an early first round CB that I drafted and converted to SS, so he has extraordinarily high coverage attributes for a safety. And have almost all 99s at CB. (I should note that for the purpose of this franchise, I maxed out all of the XP sliders to progress players faster). I have no trouble getting sacks, but I cannot for the life of me get the CPU AI to throw more INTs to my cornerbacks, or to fumble more often.

Before talking about sliders, I should note that I have noticed a definitive difference in the way players play, in-game, based on the player type you choose for any given position in coach styles/coach schemes. Also, there seems to be a relationship between the different schemes that you have for each position as well, in terms of of how in-game play manifests. For example, if you set your MLB as cover 2 style, he will play differently in-game than if you set that too, say, prototype. Also, the play of your defense as a whole seems to react to changing these schemes - when I have my MLB at Cover 2 as opposed to, say, 3-4 tackler, my entire defense fern ally stops the pass better, and the run worse.

That is a whole other Pandora's box of stuff that I don't want to discuss right now. But, regarding sliders, I'm trying to, as I said, force more turnovers on defense. I have read lot's about the mysterious, but seemingly true, notion that one slider setting interplays with and affects how all of the other sliders work. So essentially, I want to know if there is a good combination of sliders to use, to increase my turnovers.

I currently have the USER INT slider at 92, user pass def. reaction time at 92 as well, and pass coverage at 22 (this is because someone on another forum wrote that the pass coverage slider might be backwards - so the LOWER the CPU pass coverage, the better your pass coverage is). User tackling at 80, fumbling at 78. CPU QB accuracy at 10, pass block ranging from 40-50 (still trying to find a sweet spot, because at pass block 40, AI takes WAY too many sacks or just dumps the ball off). CPU run block at 46-47, CPU wr watching at 41.

This combination yielded GREAT results, in terms of INTs, not fumbles, for a few seasons. My prized CB got 8-9 INTS per year during a four year span. Suddenly, this season though, with nothing else changed in regards to sliders (I always change my player position types in coach schemes accordingly, and I just changed auto subs before this season), my CBs are getting NO interceptions. At week 11, my prized #1 CB has one INT, and my #2 has 3 (again this makes me wonder about the relationship between player styles in coach schemes, and sliders). Additionally, I have never been able to force more fumbles with the sliders. I have tried various combos of USER/CPU fumble sliders, and the results are totally random. One season my team will recover 3 fumbles, the next 10, the next 2.

So, I'd love any recommendations for how I can force more turnovers with the sliders. I think I might tool with raising CPU QB acc and pass blocking closer to, or slightly above 50%. If the AI, QB has more time to throw (better blocking), he might launch the ball down the field more toward my perfect coverage, throwing more INTs. Regarding the CPU acc, for one, with what I currently have it set to (based on what many people on forums say it should be set to to achieve more realism from the AI QB), many QBs miss a ridiculous amount of throws, which might cut down on my INTs. But I've also read that the CPU QB acc influences the AI decision making, too. Supposedly, QB won't launch the ball down the field if he knows he can't get it there accurately (I have not tested this, and have read both that this notion is false, and that the people who say that this notion is false are wrong). So, I don't know what to believe.

Also, I read that USER WR catching affects how your own team's defense, when it's controlled by the AI, which is virtually always because you can only user one player at a time, defends the pass. I've also read some funky stuff about how USER/CPU tackle slider ratings mess with fumbles, and how the penalty sliders affect everything else too (like, intentional grounding at 0 will make CPU QB dump off short passes more often). I don't know if any of this is true - but the whole slider system seems so arbitrary and un-understandable.

Basically, again, I would love for any input on this and advice regarding sliders that would force more CPU turnovers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2016, 11:12 PM   #1852
Rookie

Clarification: meant to say that I read that the lower that *USER* pass coverage slider is, the better user pass coverage actually is (before commenting please read my previous post)
Old 03-18-2016, 06:54 AM   #1853
MVP

tyler28's Arena

The coverage slider isnt backwards. Raise it to 100 and int to 100 you will see more picks. Also lower cpu acc to get more errant throws.

To see more fumbles lower the fumble slider and raise tackling. I see plenty of fumbles at 40 to 45.

I guess its just how you play really. I use the hit stick but i dont user catch on offense or defense. I let the cpu play out all passing but i do switch to tackle. I havent seen an issue w turnovers unless i have a terrible secondary. Ive played multiple seasons w the same sliders and had 6 int all year.. then 14 the next w a better secondary.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:32 AM   #1854
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Broadcasting Atlanta CFM- year 2 tonight sometine, work, work, work taking my time all week.

Falcons vs Raiders

Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Now titled:
Hunkerdown's Franchise Sports TV

Broadcast all sports franchise games for Madden(falcons), FIFA(everton/scotland), and 2k bball(hawks)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2016, 07:44 PM   #1855
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Hewi,

I'll say this to your post....there is one fundamental thing you have to remember on the slider settings. balance.

You can jack up the INT slider all you want, and all it will make the CPU do is hesitate to throw the ball into coverage (i.e. they take tons of sacks). What would YOU do against the CPU with a high INT slider? You would do the same thing, check down a lot, not force throws and take sacks.

I think what we have seen this year is that a balanced slider setup is the way to go to get good all around gameplay. My Rams team (with a mediocre secondary) lead the league in INTs with the OP setup. Part of this whole slider thing is to not only change how your team plays, but to not overload things to the point in your favor that the CPU becomes too conservative. You eventually get to the point where you're jacking things so high that it becomes counter-productive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2016, 08:34 PM   #1856
Pro

OVR: 1

JoshC will these work with 15 mins qtrs or just 9?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »