JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 241 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-28-2016, 03:50 PM   #1921
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

I have had allot of issues with Madden but Im starting a Rams CFm with JoshC's sliders as GM and I'll be taking this multiple seasons until Madden 17 comes out. I play every game don't sim.

Trying to do my best to get it setup right.

I know too many QBs progress to fast and defense is hard to progress.
Old 03-28-2016, 03:53 PM   #1922
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Im doing offline, so not for me. : (

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 03-28-2016, 04:02 PM   #1923
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Im doing offline, so not for me. : (

Same here. Even if I did online CFMs, I would want to run a ton of sims at different xp settings to gather enough data points.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:03 PM   #1924
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

I know this is not really a problem for me but as someone who checks down A LOT is there a way to have more incompletions besides throwing the ball away? My rookie QB has been red hot, only missing a couple passes a game because of drops.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:04 PM   #1925
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleRace
Quick question when playing the game as a user do any players besides the QB get injured.

I been playing for along time and every game my QB goes down and I knew that was a problem but it just hit me today I never lost a player at any other position with injury at 60-70.
I'm using 75 injury with the 50 fatigue and I see a variety of players hurt (except oline). I actually rarely see QBs go down...
Old 03-28-2016, 04:06 PM   #1926
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTheGreat20
I know this is not really a problem for me but as someone who checks down A LOT is there a way to have more incompletions besides throwing the ball away? My rookie QB has been red hot, only missing a couple passes a game because of drops.
Use the stick on your throws and stop playing like Matt Leinart
Old 03-28-2016, 04:08 PM   #1927
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm using 75 injury with the 50 fatigue and I see a variety of players hurt (except oline). I actually rarely see QBs go down...
Speak for yourself, Matt ryan haha

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 03-28-2016, 08:37 PM   #1928
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

This might be a bit of a rambling post, so bear with me.....

I decided to really change things up last night and started a new CFM (with default preseason rosters) using a fantasy draft. I set up my coaching scheme how I wanted it and then let the CPU draft the entire team for me.

The team isn't great (which i like) but the thing that I noticed was how much more optimized the other teams were for their schemes. For example, Pittsburgh has their RB scheme set for "Receiving Back" (don't ask me why). While Bell is OK in this role, he isn't ideal. Who did the Steelers draft in the fantasy draft? None other than Jamaal Charles - who is a perfect fit for that scheme. I could go through tons of examples, but I think that one makes the point.

Why do I bring this up? In the game I played (against St. Louis), what they were trying to do on both sides of the ball felt more in-sync. It was a tough game against an opponent that was on-par talent-wise (I typically win those pretty handily). But they also felt more like they had a true identity (big receivers, power run game, tough front seven, etc.). Using real life rosters, it feels more like a jumbled mess against some teams.

Sure, the fantasy drafts still lead to players being mis-matched to their systems, but the level of optimization is greater (sorta like what happens a few years into a CFM once teams have a chance to make player moves). I feel like it has made things a touch more difficult without making other slider/setting changes....but more importantly, you can see team identities more readily (which I am hoping plays out as I advance through this CFM).

Again....just a ramble...but I definitely like what I see here....if you're looking for a change of pace, this is definitely a fun way to go. Sure, you can draft your own team...but there is a nice layer of complexity added by not knowing what the CPU is going to draft for you

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »