JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 242 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-28-2016, 09:27 PM   #1929
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
This might be a bit of a rambling post, so bear with me.....

I decided to really change things up last night and started a new CFM (with default preseason rosters) using a fantasy draft. I set up my coaching scheme how I wanted it and then let the CPU draft the entire team for me.

The team isn't great (which i like) but the thing that I noticed was how much more optimized the other teams were for their schemes. For example, Pittsburgh has their RB scheme set for "Receiving Back" (don't ask me why). While Bell is OK in this role, he isn't ideal. Who did the Steelers draft in the fantasy draft? None other than Jamaal Charles - who is a perfect fit for that scheme. I could go through tons of examples, but I think that one makes the point.

Why do I bring this up? In the game I played (against St. Louis), what they were trying to do on both sides of the ball felt more in-sync. It was a tough game against an opponent that was on-par talent-wise (I typically win those pretty handily). But they also felt more like they had a true identity (big receivers, power run game, tough front seven, etc.). Using real life rosters, it feels more like a jumbled mess against some teams.

Sure, the fantasy drafts still lead to players being mis-matched to their systems, but the level of optimization is greater (sorta like what happens a few years into a CFM once teams have a chance to make player moves). I feel like it has made things a touch more difficult without making other slider/setting changes....but more importantly, you can see team identities more readily (which I am hoping plays out as I advance through this CFM).

Again....just a ramble...but I definitely like what I see here....if you're looking for a change of pace, this is definitely a fun way to go. Sure, you can draft your own team...but there is a nice layer of complexity added by not knowing what the CPU is going to draft for you
Interesting post there Josh. I see you mentioned players do get mismatched to schemes, in your experience do 3-4 teams tend to draft 3-4 players or is this the kind of area where you see the mismatches?
Old 03-28-2016, 09:31 PM   #1930
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb1976
Interesting post there Josh. I see you mentioned players do get mismatched to schemes, in your experience do 3-4 teams tend to draft 3-4 players or is this the kind of area where you see the mismatches?
They absolutely draft 3-4 guys. The issues I see in a "real" roster are more like teams using man schemes having a bunch of zone corners or teams with red zone threat receivers having the scheme set to speed. A good example is Arizona requiring a power back with Ellington being the best guy on their roster (at least on the preseason roster)....it always causes them to default to the hopelessly mediocre Stepfan Taylor at RB.

Edit: the advantage of the fantasy draft is that while teams may not always draft players with the matching scheme, the players they do select tend to at least have the attributes to match the scheme more readily (a scheme requiring a speed receiver may draft a red zone threat...but at least it will be one with speed....at least at the top of the depth charts...not necessarily as you dive deeper).

Last edited by JoshC1977; 03-28-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:40 PM   #1931
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
They absolutely draft 3-4 guys. The issues I see in a "real" roster are more like teams using man schemes having a bunch of zone corners or teams with red zone threat receivers having the scheme set to speed. A good example is Arizona requiring a power back with Ellington being the best guy on their roster (at least on the preseason roster)....it always causes them to default to the hopelessly mediocre Stepfan Taylor at RB.
Might try a fantasy draft, I was getting a little bored with the real life rosters. I found it way to easy to win games with the amount of very mediocre teams out there. The points you make are among some of the things that drive me nuts with the game at times. The cpu teams should be fully able to optimize their schemes to suit their personal, would make the game far more realistic and challenging. You often hear coaches talk about how personnel dictates scheme, not vice versa.When coaches dont do that, like Rex Ryan with the Bills last season, the results are usually bad. Hopefully this is something that is looked at for M17. It wouldn't be hard to program.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:48 PM   #1932
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb1976
Might try a fantasy draft, I was getting a little bored with the real life rosters. I found it way to easy to win games with the amount of very mediocre teams out there. The points you make are among some of the things that drive me nuts with the game at times. The cpu teams should be fully able to optimize their schemes to suit their personal, would make the game far more realistic and challenging. You often hear coaches talk about how personnel dictates scheme, not vice versa.When coaches dont do that, like Rex Ryan with the Bills last season, the results are usually bad. Hopefully this is something that is looked at for M17. It wouldn't be hard to program.
Exactly! And actually, Madden does a terrific job of portraying this sort of thing. Change the Bills back to a 43 scheme and go with a different setup (receiving back or speed back) for the RB slot (for McCoy) and they are a terror.

You're right about one thing though....players should dictate scheme. I go back to the Andre Ellington or Leveon Bell examples and their specific skillsets do not complement the scheme. In Arizona's scheme, it actually mimics real life (which is why David Johnson gained more playing time as the year progressed). However, I'd argue that there is no way that the Steelers scheme should have the RB slot set up to receiving back.

The one thing I'd like to see next year is a more careful focus by EA on how they assign position schemes for each team. For the most part, they're pretty good....but there are some pretty egregious examples where they aren't, and those teams tend to be far easier to beat than they should be.

Edit: and if you give the fantasy draft a shot....set your scheme first however you'd like it for your team, and then let the CPU draft for you....it actually makes it quite interesting

Last edited by JoshC1977; 03-28-2016 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:16 PM   #1933
Banned

Is slow game speed good for these sliders?

I am using these sliders just with slow game speed.

Just played my first CFM season game as the Rams with pre season rosters and played the Seahawks.

I destroyed the Seahawks 38-7.

Seahawks had 120 yard passing
60 rushing yards for Lynch on 12 carries
Wilson threw 5 picks
Wilson rushed for 4-40 yards

Me Rams
Austin Davis 200 yards passing 3 tds
Gurley 23 carries for 100 yards

Hawks had 60 yards passing with 5 min left in the 4th.

Nothing fancy or cheap. No kick or punt returns. One pick 6 last in the 1st quarter to make it 0-7 me Rams. I treated this game as a pre season and in the first quarter rotated all 4 of my QB's and played with the one I though fit me the best.

I picked from the few suggest plays and let the cpu play out defense.I control nobody as I like ratings to play out. On offense nothing cheap just pick w/e play the suggested play gives me of the three. I use a different play book every game so I don't lean on certain plays. I always punt on 4th and 1.

I just want to get crushed by the cpu and have it not feel cheap like All Madden. I know its a small sample one game.

I quit my Lions franchise with these sliders a weak ago because I was breaking NFL records every game. My 4th game I threw for 600 yards with my 3rd string QB a 60 overall scrub.

I feel like I am Aaron Rodgers with any scrub QB.

I don't user anything on defense. I don't user catch because its too easy to abuse. Make the game allot more boring than it should be trying to get close games.

Maybe my 600 yards passing game with a bum was a fluke and maybe this beat down of the Hawks was a fluke. Just feel bummed out and deflated like why even try the next game in my CFM.

I mean this year the Rams did beat down the Seahawks and Matt Flynn came in for the Packers on game and threw for 500 yards 5 tds so it happens.

Sorry for my rant. All Madden is not a option as it is not fun and not real or sim. All Madden is fake football or cheese and everything I refuse to do with Madden.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:25 PM   #1934
Banned

Not ripping these sliders. These are the best sliders I have used on Madden 16 and I have spent hundreds or hours messing with sliders and every slider set on these forums.

So if these sliders can't work nothing will.

Going to force myself to play one more CFM game. Playing the Redskins and there 1-0 so might have a confidence boast to make them compete better.

Hopefully they beat me down and put me in my place.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:10 AM   #1935
Banned

Well blew out the Redskins out 41-16. Was closer than the score indicates. Was up 10 or 14 most the game but scored a few TDs in garbage time in the last few mins.

Austin Davis threw for another 220 yards and 3 tds and Gurley had 150 yards rushing with 34 carries and two TDs. I don't do that good rushing usually. But Gurley is pretty elite even with pre season rosters.

I am a big believer the only thing that separates teams in the NFL is QB and coaching staff. With QB being controlled by me throws out the most important factor and covers my biggest weakness on the team.

Game is awesome with these sliders. The Redskins played me way better than the Seahawks did. Just wish the cpu played better. Wish I could hit a setting that would make the cpu smarter not better and cheaper.

I don't have this problem with any other sport game. I can get beat bad on pro in NBA 2k and smoked on lower difficulty in MLB the Show.

I just wish All Madden made the cpu smarter and not cheat and get boasts.
Think ratings and all madden difficulty is the biggest problem with this game.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:22 AM   #1936
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdleRace
Well blew out the Redskins out 41-16. Was closer than the score indicates. Was up 10 or 14 most the game but scored a few TDs in garbage time in the last few mins.

Austin Davis threw for another 220 yards and 3 tds and Gurley had 150 yards rushing with 34 carries and two TDs. I don't do that good rushing usually. But Gurley is pretty elite even with pre season rosters.

I am a big believer the only thing that separates teams in the NFL is QB and coaching staff. With QB being controlled by me throws out the most important factor and covers my biggest weakness on the team.

Game is awesome with these sliders. The Redskins played me way better than the Seahawks did. Just wish the cpu played better. Wish I could hit a setting that would make the cpu smarter not better and cheaper.

I don't have this problem with any other sport game. I can get beat bad on pro in NBA 2k and smoked on lower difficulty in MLB the Show.

I just wish All Madden made the cpu smarter and not cheat and get boasts.
Think ratings and all madden difficulty is the biggest problem with this game.
The game does play a little different on slow speed vs normal. It is not as bad as M15's slow speed but it does seem a little easier when on slow for some reason.

Having said that you can get beat, it just depends on how the opponent plays on the day. I have tried All Madden using Joshs setting and a slow speed and I would agree with you. It is total b.s. All pro is the way to go and try using normal speed and see what you think would be my advice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »