JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 243 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2016, 03:08 AM   #1937
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Napier , New Zealand
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Exactly! And actually, Madden does a terrific job of portraying this sort of thing. Change the Bills back to a 43 scheme and go with a different setup (receiving back or speed back) for the RB slot (for McCoy) and they are a terror.

You're right about one thing though....players should dictate scheme. I go back to the Andre Ellington or Leveon Bell examples and their specific skillsets do not complement the scheme. In Arizona's scheme, it actually mimics real life (which is why David Johnson gained more playing time as the year progressed). However, I'd argue that there is no way that the Steelers scheme should have the RB slot set up to receiving back.

The one thing I'd like to see next year is a more careful focus by EA on how they assign position schemes for each team. For the most part, they're pretty good....but there are some pretty egregious examples where they aren't, and those teams tend to be far easier to beat than they should be.

Edit: and if you give the fantasy draft a shot....set your scheme first however you'd like it for your team, and then let the CPU draft for you....it actually makes it quite interesting
Just setup a CFM fantasy draft and took your advice and set my schemes etc before letting the cpu sim the draft. Really like the results and just like you say the way the cpu selects players that fit closely enough to what you want to do scheme wise.

Having not run fantasy draft in a while I like the way the salaries are structured based on round selection, and really like the fact the cpu selects a very different team to what I would have had I controlled it! I also like the way every teams cap is exactly the same the first year.

Will run through a few more before sticking with one. The first run through I had the 2nd overall and got Luck as my QB. For some crazy reason a TE was selected with my 2nd round choice. Turned out to be Delanie Walker and because he was a 2nd rounder he has a 5yr 50mil contract! Lol.
paulb1976 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:34 AM   #1938
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Idlerace...if you're using slow speed...stop now, go back to normal speed and try again. Game speed is absolutely critical to how the game plays out. Slow speed makes it easier for the user and it causes the AI to become de-synced from the animations. I would vet money that has been your problem the entire time.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:26 AM   #1939
MVP
 
Hunkerdown's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,396
Blog Entries: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Josh,

How do you set coach schemes for teams before fantasy draft? Excuse my ignorance. Might do a test. Fixed order or serpentine? My fear is a bunch of even teams, which would not be fun for me. There should always be some separation between top teams and lowest teams. So fixed draft would be way to go.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
__________________
XBOX GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch Broadcast: Hunkerdownuga

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Hunkerdown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:15 AM   #1940
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2015
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Idlerace...if you're using slow speed...stop now, go back to normal speed and try again. Game speed is absolutely critical to how the game plays out. Slow speed makes it easier for the user and it causes the AI to become de-synced from the animations. I would vet money that has been your problem the entire time.
Thanks allot. Thought that this might be a issue but some reason never tried as I love slow game speed.
IdleRace is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:00 AM   #1941
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Josh,

How do you set coach schemes for teams before fantasy draft? Excuse my ignorance. Might do a test. Fixed order or serpentine? My fear is a bunch of even teams, which would not be fun for me. There should always be some separation between top teams and lowest teams. So fixed draft would be way to go.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I only set it for the team I am using...you just tab over to the coach screen like normal before you start the draft.

The draft is serpentine, but the nice thing about default rosters is that there are fewer guys rated as elite, so you still get some differentiation...granted, you are correct that overall teams ratings can be closer. The cool thing though is that teams still have definite strengths and weaknesses, so you still have to plan around them.

It is definitely a nice change of pace....I have had two very tight games thus far with my team.

On a sidebar...it us also kinda fun to see guys that are normally roster fodder being key contributors. Example was playing against Jonathan Dwyer last night as the starter (Lacy) was hurt. He was pretty darn solid too.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:14 AM   #1942
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2013
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

My position battles are over and I'm current 2-0. Storm Johnson is my starter at HB and Stephen Morris won second string. Unfortunately he was also hurt in the last preseason game. I have since signed Tyler Wilson. Not as a backup, but as a 68 OVR starter over 75 Bortles. In his debute against the Dolphins he had a solid 210 yd, 2 TD, 0 INT game finishing at around 64% completion.

About games 1 and 2:
Panthers: Newton lost this game. He must've been cold because he had a terrible air game, finishing at a measly 51%. I stacked the box to stop the run and contained to prevent scrambling. I came out with a 20-3 victory

Dolphins: I was on my toes the whole game. Couldn't figure out what was coming at all and went back and forth. Tannehill and Wilson both finished with 64%. I managed to squeak out a close 23-21 win by stopping the 2-point try

Currently away at class. When I get home I will resume my game against the patriots. I'm up 9-7 with 2:30 left in the first half. Gronk is killing me


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sms024 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #1943
MVP
 
Hunkerdown's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,396
Blog Entries: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I only set it for the team I am using...you just tab over to the coach screen like normal before you start the draft.

The draft is serpentine, but the nice thing about default rosters is that there are fewer guys rated as elite, so you still get some differentiation...granted, you are correct that overall teams ratings can be closer. The cool thing though is that teams still have definite strengths and weaknesses, so you still have to plan around them.

It is definitely a nice change of pace....I have had two very tight games thus far with my team.

On a sidebar...it us also kinda fun to see guys that are normally roster fodder being key contributors. Example was playing against Jonathan Dwyer last night as the starter (Lacy) was hurt. He was pretty darn solid too.
I will be interested to see how it works out over several games. Hopefully you post how it goes here. So far my Falcons cfm not bad at all in year 2. My boy started up travel basketball so between practices and tourneys, and work, my xbox time has been diminished. But will always post here when I broadcast, not as much as I would like.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
__________________
XBOX GT: Hunkerdown
Mixer: HUNKERDOWN
Twitch Broadcast: Hunkerdownuga

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Hunkerdown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:55 AM   #1944
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I will be interested to see how it works out over several games. Hopefully you post how it goes here. So far my Falcons cfm not bad at all in year 2. My boy started up travel basketball so between practices and tourneys, and work, my xbox time has been diminished. But will always post here when I broadcast, not as much as I would like.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Yeah, I will post when I can. Got some real life stuff going on and The Show just came out. But, still having fun with madden, so I will definitely keep playing.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Top -