Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2016, 01:16 AM   #2097
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

*sigh*

I’m literally about at my wit’s end with this game. No matter how hard I try, no matter how many different sliders or settings I use, I run into the same problem.

The balance on this game is completely screwed. Apparently my best difficulty fit is at some midpoint between AP and AM. Except that midpoint doesn’t exist. I’ve tried many different types of sliders and starting to think that there’s no way for me to get this thing to a point where it’s challenging but not impossible.

I’m convinced that AM gets its difficulty by artificially inflating opponents’ player ratings in-game. I tried these settings on a CFM in AM and I’m pretty sure I uploaded them correctly. But what it feels like in-game is that my CPU opponents are not only exponentially better (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing), but the guys on my team are hopelessly inept. And while I could probably point to ratings as the cause on the offensive side of the ball, I have a very solid team on defense, and yet defense is literally freaking impossible. The CPU o-line is an impenetrable brick wall no matter how good the ratings are of my rushers. An undersized average-rated center immediately blows my 90+ OVR DT 4 or 5 yards off the ball on every other run. And my corners can’t cover. And I mean, at all. And while they’re not world-beaters, they’re highly enough rated that they shouldn’t be getting beat like a drum on every play. But it doesn’t matter what I call, what defense I run – man, blitz, zone, zone blitz, keying pass when I know they’re passing, making coverage adjustments. I might as well just put my controller down and let the game play itself because it doesn’t feel like anything I do, particularly on defense, affects anything.

Yet, if I play that same game on All-Pro, it’s laughably easy.

Neither one of these is fun.

So what, exactly, am I doing wrong?
Old 04-30-2016, 02:05 PM   #2098
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire71
*sigh*

I’m literally about at my wit’s end with this game. No matter how hard I try, no matter how many different sliders or settings I use, I run into the same problem.

The balance on this game is completely screwed. Apparently my best difficulty fit is at some midpoint between AP and AM. Except that midpoint doesn’t exist. I’ve tried many different types of sliders and starting to think that there’s no way for me to get this thing to a point where it’s challenging but not impossible.

I’m convinced that AM gets its difficulty by artificially inflating opponents’ player ratings in-game. I tried these settings on a CFM in AM and I’m pretty sure I uploaded them correctly. But what it feels like in-game is that my CPU opponents are not only exponentially better (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing), but the guys on my team are hopelessly inept. And while I could probably point to ratings as the cause on the offensive side of the ball, I have a very solid team on defense, and yet defense is literally freaking impossible. The CPU o-line is an impenetrable brick wall no matter how good the ratings are of my rushers. An undersized average-rated center immediately blows my 90+ OVR DT 4 or 5 yards off the ball on every other run. And my corners can’t cover. And I mean, at all. And while they’re not world-beaters, they’re highly enough rated that they shouldn’t be getting beat like a drum on every play. But it doesn’t matter what I call, what defense I run – man, blitz, zone, zone blitz, keying pass when I know they’re passing, making coverage adjustments. I might as well just put my controller down and let the game play itself because it doesn’t feel like anything I do, particularly on defense, affects anything.

Yet, if I play that same game on All-Pro, it’s laughably easy.

Neither one of these is fun.

So what, exactly, am I doing wrong?
Players on AM definitely get a boost, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

However, AP this year, with this setup, has provided a realistic challenge for me (and normally, I am at AM).

A couple of things....
  1. The OP setup should be followed exactly on AP (use the 'default' setup with all 60/80 autosubs and 50 fatigue).
  2. Try starting up a CFM using the 75 man preseason roster. Player traits really come through with this roster, relative to loading a roster into the CFM.
  3. Evaluate your own playing style...mix up play calling, use the left stick on your throws, etc.
  4. One thing that adds a "sim" element..go through progressions in a realistic manner. Always throw to the highlighted receiver on the route unless he is covered (remember that having one-step on a defender is open in real life). If covered, then go to the next receiver. What I see on a lot of Twitch streams is that people automatically go into dump-off mode and "RAC up" (pun intended) a lot of yardage after the catch.
I have really found this year to be the best year for "tweeners" like us...you can get a terrific challenge from AP...
Old 04-30-2016, 06:19 PM   #2099
MVP

OVR: 6

Tried these out last night for first time. Overall game felt good. My pass game felt a tad easy but it ended up averaging out decently enough.

Panthers couldn't do anything on offense though. Cam threw for like 150 yards most coming in trash time (I was up 31-0 at half. final score was 34-6).

He overthrew a lot of passes pretty big time going deep down the sideline. Was nice to see but don't think one landed in the same zip code all game for him.

Meanwhile the short / intermediate game was wide open for me most of the time. Then chucked two contested TDs on deep passes to Robinson in 1v1 coverage.

Cam threw 3 INTs and I threw 3 (couple bad decisions on my part and one amazing play from a defender). Cam threw late on a couple of cut back routes and my guys just jumped the route easily.

All in all not too bad. I would've like to have seen a bit more competition out of the Panthers but they usually don't seem to do very well when played by the CPU anyway.

I will say I'm using an updated roster w/ the rookie draft picks from this draft added in. So results might vary a bit since you say the preseason roster works best.

Will let ya know how the next few games go.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:35 AM   #2100
Pro

OVR: 1

Hey, Josh, are you seeing anything different after the latest tuner? I've played several games since using a variation of your slider set (penalties adjusted, not fatigue), and man, suddenly my team is crushing opponents. I was having a ton of fun with my version of your sliders for a few months and then this latest update snafu and subsequent tuner has totally changed the feel of the game. Was just curious if you've seen any difference. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:15 AM   #2101
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I am noticing no fatigue after the tuner update and that is only a 1 game sample size.

Lacy had all the carries during my game and Starks, the back up running back, never once entered the game????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 11:27 AM   #2102
Pro

OVR: 1

Good to know I'm not the only one not seeing much fatigue at all. I just played another game and I had to physically sub out my HB only a few times. No one else got subbed in any other position. I have no doubt that the tuner messed with other parts of the game...and here we go again with the house of cards!
Old 05-02-2016, 03:07 PM   #2103
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Haven't been playing much since the tuner came out. However, concerned about the update and its apparent impact. Sub patterns though are tricky to nail down. If a team doesn't run much, you might not see subs, even before the last patch.

Bear in mind rb stamina ratings,and their usage. A guy like lacy may not sub much given that GB likes to throw a lot. The question is how they sub after getting 5 or 6 carries in the same drive. If they aren't subbing, that is a problem.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:14 PM   #2104
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Yeah, Josh, I had two very long drives in the game, a drive in the third quarter that lasted 10 minutes.

Lacy didn't come out at all. He had 36 carries for a 144yds.

This is being reported by a few other posters in the FS thread in the main forum.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »