Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2016, 01:57 AM   #2113
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

OK guys....bear with me....

• So, I tried default AP with the tuner on (everything at 50 and 60/80 subs across the board). It was like playing on AP in years past...way too easy for the user to score and there was virtually no defense.
  • Well, for kicks, keeping the default sliders, I deleted the tuner and restarted the game. To my surprise, there was just one 'gltchy' false start at the beginning of the game by the CPU. After that, the game played very well...albeit more skewed towards the offense (I'll get to that in a minute). So, the 'false start glitch' appeared to be gone.
  • After a series of tests, I determined that you can leave the tuner deleted. BUT, you must leave the penalty sliders (and I suspect, the gameplay sliders...though I have not tested) at default in both the main menu settings and CFM settings. You CAN, however, adjust fatigue and injury sliders (which is good). Not sure about threshold though....
Now, the good news....
  • Gameplay at default AP (ballhawk "off") is better than it has ever been with the patch installed and tuner deleted. There was tremendous variety in animations, gameplay was smooth, and lineplay was dynamic. I actually had quite a bit of fun with it to be honest. In my one half of extensive play, I had completion percentages for both sides (Romo v a CPU-controlled Eli) right at 65%.
  • The one downside was that I saw some wide open play and breakaway runs That, and a couple of other oddities told me that threshold may not be viable at 50. However, changing from 50 thresh may trigger the false start issue...I need more time....
So...as I see it, these are the options:

Tuner "On"
  • Stay on AP and try to make slider adjustments. Upping threshold might help here...but I have not tried it.
  • Go to AM....the guys in the AM slider threads have not experienced any issues to my knowledge.
Tuner "Off"
The only real option here is to go to default settings, but I like what I see enough to possibly stick with this option. I'd suggest the following based on my brief play tonight:
  • 9 min quarters, no acc clock
  • All aids, including Ball Hawk, "Off"
  • All sliders, gameplay and penalty, at default in both MM and CFM
  • 50 threshold
  • Injury and Fatigue slider as desired (see below regarding fatigue)
One note on this option: you will likely see one 'glitchy' CPU false start at the beginning of the game...but then it settles down back to normal.

User "fatigue" issue
There is definitely something wonky with this slider. I did a fair bit of testing tonight, and I had some games where the user players would rotate normally (relative to the 50 fatigue setting) and others where they wouldn't sub out. I saw this both with and without the tuner....and with the same player. I don't know if it is random or something else. I'm going to stay on 50 fatigue, but will continue to monitor.

Let me know what you guys see...

Last edited by JoshC1977; 05-03-2016 at 02:40 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:10 AM   #2114
Pro

OVR: 1

Hey, Josh, thanks as always for the detailed info. Per your earlier question, I believe one of the reasons why comp % was higher was because primarily there were way less broken up passes and drops. Also, it seemed that the QB was on target more...less errant passes or throw aways.

Everything you posted above is spot on. Lots more breakaways and broken tackles and something wonky is going on with fatigue.

Question for you: without the tuner, did you see any penalties at all? That was a problem with the patch...aside from a million false starts, there were no other penalties. And did you play with the penalty sliders adjusted WITHOUT the tuner? If so, what happened?

I have today off, so I'm going to delete the tuner and test out a couple games and see what's what.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:22 AM   #2115
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Ok josh, tuner off......your talking about the tuner they just put out to fix the false start problem correct? But wouldn't that bring back the false start problem? The MUT salary cap install caused this but we cant delete that.....(Im sorry im confused)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2016, 08:49 AM   #2116
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Why oh why would EA f**k with gameplay this late in cycle??? Makes no sense and is totally disheartened. Im at a loss. I hear 2k is coming out with a 6th patch as well, hopefully not same results. I wonder if it us them adjusting stuff for possible 17 settings? Just does not make any sense???

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2016, 11:22 AM   #2117
Pro

OVR: 1

Josh, I did exactly as you said and played 1 game so far without the tuner and all sliders at 50 (except INJ = 90) and all assists OFF, and I pretty much saw the same as you did...and as you now, I play coach mode...here's what I saw:
  • False start bug is still there, but it's minimized. I counted 5 false start penalties in one game on the CPU.
  • HOWEVER, there are NO other penalties in the game. In other words, all penalties are shut off.
  • Run game is improved on both sides. I actually had a harder time stopping the CPU, but conversely it was really easy for my team to run. I don't know if it's improved blocking or bad angles/pursuit or worse tackling, but there's more of an "openness" for the ball carrier.
  • Passing game was pretty good. Seemed to be similar as it was before patch. The CPU got some good pressure on me and there were WAY more dropped passes and break ups than with the tuner.
  • Fatigue is working again as it did before the update.

Overall, I personally didn't mind not having the penalties and the False Start bug was not so prevalent that it negatively affected the game. So moving forward, I'm playing without the tuner. The tuner RUINED the game for me. I'd rather have no penalties than crappy game play.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:26 AM   #2118
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsett33
Ok josh, tuner off......your talking about the tuner they just put out to fix the false start problem correct? But wouldn't that bring back the false start problem? The MUT salary cap install caused this but we cant delete that.....(Im sorry im confused)
Yes it does, but leaving all sliders at default mitigates the issue and results in pretty good gameplay.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:38 AM   #2119
Rookie

dorsett33's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yes it does, but leaving all sliders at default mitigates the issue and results in pretty good gameplay.
Ok, so when you say "ALL" sliders that includes penalty and autosub, regular and CFM, and by default meaning "out of box" settings......(i just wanna be clear......)
Old 05-03-2016, 12:07 PM   #2120
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Josh, I did exactly as you said and played 1 game so far without the tuner and all sliders at 50 (except INJ = 90) and all assists OFF, and I pretty much saw the same as you did...and as you now, I play coach mode...here's what I saw:
  • False start bug is still there, but it's minimized. I counted 5 false start penalties in one game on the CPU.
  • HOWEVER, there are NO other penalties in the game. In other words, all penalties are shut off.
  • Run game is improved on both sides. I actually had a harder time stopping the CPU, but conversely it was really easy for my team to run. I don't know if it's improved blocking or bad angles/pursuit or worse tackling, but there's more of an "openness" for the ball carrier.
  • Passing game was pretty good. Seemed to be similar as it was before patch. The CPU got some good pressure on me and there were WAY more dropped passes and break ups than with the tuner.
  • Fatigue is working again as it did before the update.

Overall, I personally didn't mind not having the penalties and the False Start bug was not so prevalent that it negatively affected the game. So moving forward, I'm playing without the tuner. The tuner RUINED the game for me. I'd rather have no penalties than crappy game play.
That is funny, because I saw a whole slew of penalties in my game. Keep playing and let me know what you see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »