JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 269 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 05-05-2016, 02:56 PM   #2145
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkerots
I'm going to give these a go Josh and let you know what it looks like.

Quick question, would changing the game speed to slow, as opposed to normal, have any huge effect on anything?

Its so strange to have something called one name affect three other things.
Slow has a major impact on things. It essentially creates a whole new slider set.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:45 PM   #2146
Pro

OVR: 0

If you use 80/60 autosubs on default sliders, is there still roboqb?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2016, 06:50 PM   #2147
Rookie

First of all, thank you for all the effort put in over the years on the sliders.

Wanted to raise several observations from my gameplay and ask whether you see the same / have any advice:

1. WR (particularly outside receivers) do not catch the ball successfully very often, most successful pass plays go to tight ends or HB. They drop the ball on contact or do not separate. Before the game was patched they caught the ball over DB's too much but since, maybe not enough.
2. I see too much offensive yardage by CPU and User with these settings. Average 800-900 yards a game between the 2 sides in 120-130 snaps.
3. There are too many big plays and too few short plays. It feels like a "go big or go home" approach is rewarded in passing as short routes are batted down / intercepted at a relatively high rate
4. Line play remains a bit sticky (could be contributing to too many yards)
5. CPU QB WR are almost always open in zone , defender does not aggressively cut off the route or the ball on human's behalf, although zone coverage appears to work fine

any thoughts would be appreciated (from any forum member)
Old 05-05-2016, 08:11 PM   #2148
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgexpat
First of all, thank you for all the effort put in over the years on the sliders.

Wanted to raise several observations from my gameplay and ask whether you see the same / have any advice:

1. WR (particularly outside receivers) do not catch the ball successfully very often, most successful pass plays go to tight ends or HB. They drop the ball on contact or do not separate. Before the game was patched they caught the ball over DB's too much but since, maybe not enough.
2. I see too much offensive yardage by CPU and User with these settings. Average 800-900 yards a game between the 2 sides in 120-130 snaps.
3. There are too many big plays and too few short plays. It feels like a "go big or go home" approach is rewarded in passing as short routes are batted down / intercepted at a relatively high rate
4. Line play remains a bit sticky (could be contributing to too many yards)
5. CPU QB WR are almost always open in zone , defender does not aggressively cut off the route or the ball on human's behalf, although zone coverage appears to work fine

any thoughts would be appreciated (from any forum member)
I've seen some similar things playing coach mode...mainly, too much offense (shootouts) usually from the passing game. That's why I used to keep the CFM auto subs to 49/50 and it curbed that. But I want to give Josh's latest set more of a chance to see if it evens out over multiple games. He'd probably tell you the same thing...give it a chance. But if you do find it continues, then my first recommendation would be to change the CFM auto subs. At least that worked for me before the latest update.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:03 PM   #2149
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Hmm...very interesting about some of you seeing offensive shootouts. I have a sneaking hunch that this is related, at least in part, to the rosters. This is one reason why I always use the original roster - traits matter more and the ratings are not inflated.

Anyways, here are some observations I have made in my play time with this new setup.

The good:
1. Line blocking has been quite fluid, particularly at the second level. I like this a lot as it gives each play a little more randomness - that, "it's a game of inches" feel.
2. It's been tougher to throw the ball as the user. Bear in mind, I try to play like a real QB, going for my primary target first and then reading the coverage off of how the defense is covering him. If I see that he has a step on a defender, I will make the throw instead of always dumping it off to that wide open guy in the flat like a lot of guys do when playing Madden (and then they wonder why they always complete 80% of their passes).
3. Overall, the games have had more of a defensive feel to them....a little more retro NFL than the more wide-open game we have today.
4. Good variety of penalty types (I've had RTK calls in multiple games, which has been interesting.
5. More fumbles....'nuff said.

The concerns:
1. How are the line interactions playing-out in 34 fronts? I predominantly play 43 fronts but in limited time running 34 looks, those big d-linemen aren't getting quite as much of a push as I would like to see. Are the JJ Watt's going to be continually stifled? If so, that is a concern...but could very well be a coach scheme thing moreso than a slider issue.
2. DB/WR interactions - particularly on the user defense. I've seen DBs on the user side almost exclusively favoring going for pass break-ups instead of picks (like almost to a fault). On the other hand, I've seen a solid mix from the CPU. This might be a 'ballhawk' setting issue, but given that they "look right" for the CPU defense, it could be a coach scheme thing. Just to note, I typically use M2M for CBs and Playmaker for the safeties. I might try mixing it up a bit in the schemes to see what happens...if it is scheme-related (like M2M CBs going more for breakups, Zone for more picks, etc.), I am totally cool with that.
3. The accuracy of throws. Not talking about completion percentage (which has been fine) as much as the percentage of throws that are totally on-the-mark. This one requires a significant sample size and honestly, this is more of a nitpick then something I am seeing as being "off".
4. This hasn't been an "issue" per se, but pass distribution by the CPU is another area I am always looking at. I want the outside receivers to be the primary targets unless a play is specifically designed for an inside target (like some of the PA passes to the TE).
5. CPU RBs are not running as direct as I would like. This one happened when I bumped-up the fatigue to 55 (and is something I have seen before). So, even your big power backs have this tendency to bounce everything outside instead of powering their way through the line. More of a nitpick than anything.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:21 PM   #2150
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Hmm...very interesting about some of you seeing offensive shootouts. I have a sneaking hunch that this is related, at least in part, to the rosters. This is one reason why I always use the original roster - traits matter more and the ratings are not inflated.

Anyways, here are some observations I have made in my play time with this new setup.

The good:
1. Line blocking has been quite fluid, particularly at the second level. I like this a lot as it gives each play a little more randomness - that, "it's a game of inches" feel.
2. It's been tougher to throw the ball as the user. Bear in mind, I try to play like a real QB, going for my primary target first and then reading the coverage off of how the defense is covering him. If I see that he has a step on a defender, I will make the throw instead of always dumping it off to that wide open guy in the flat like a lot of guys do when playing Madden (and then they wonder why they always complete 80% of their passes).
3. Overall, the games have had more of a defensive feel to them....a little more retro NFL than the more wide-open game we have today.
4. Good variety of penalty types (I've had RTK calls in multiple games, which has been interesting.
5. More fumbles....'nuff said.

The concerns:
1. How are the line interactions playing-out in 34 fronts? I predominantly play 43 fronts but in limited time running 34 looks, those big d-linemen aren't getting quite as much of a push as I would like to see. Are the JJ Watt's going to be continually stifled? If so, that is a concern...but could very well be a coach scheme thing moreso than a slider issue.
2. DB/WR interactions - particularly on the user defense. I've seen DBs on the user side almost exclusively favoring going for pass break-ups instead of picks (like almost to a fault). On the other hand, I've seen a solid mix from the CPU. This might be a 'ballhawk' setting issue, but given that they "look right" for the CPU defense, it could be a coach scheme thing. Just to note, I typically use M2M for CBs and Playmaker for the safeties. I might try mixing it up a bit in the schemes to see what happens...if it is scheme-related (like M2M CBs going more for breakups, Zone for more picks, etc.), I am totally cool with that.
1. 3-4 ends don't get almost any pressure. I can only recall a few memorable instances of an end shooting a gap or beating their blocker, for the most part they are pushed back or stay static locking in a block. I find 4-3 less frustrating as the ends do get around the edge. The interior sees little pressure though. In the 3-4 all my pressure comes from the rushing OLB which is not really true to life as the DE should get pressure.

2. Interesting point I see if changing that helps.

Good point about the roster evolution. To test this effect I have already tried the set in a CFM I was 6 years into (there maybe all played are too good?) and 3 years and a year 1. Each one started at the 75 man set up. Because I still see the shootouts in CFM year 1 i feel comfortable eliminating trait inflation as the cause.

I wonder if there is a way you know to tighten offense generally without making it even more ridiculously hard to complete passes to the outside WRs?

thanks so much for your response.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:28 PM   #2151
Rookie

Regarding the outside receivers I tried some practice now tests and there are a pretty wide range of plays where the wR1 and wR2 routes complete less than 15 percent of the time as it ends up a contested catch every time. I find a deep post usually separates but goes and digs do not necessarily separate, leading my to have to move to another read, usually the HB or TE. The CPU separates better and throws in between my zone as noted so the problem seems largely Human side related on the offense.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:07 PM   #2152
Pro

Is there still Roboqb if you play default sliders with 80/60auto subs?

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »