Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #2169
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I won by 8 pts, 28 to 19 last night with the first game with the new sliders. Lacy rushed a bit over 30 times for 128 yds. I have Tolzien as QB because Rodgers in injured. So, for me, it's Lacy up the middle and short passes for Tolzien. I did shock myself and have Tolzien throw one up to Janis for a 40 yd pass along the sideline.

I didn't feel the CPU mount a comeback until the end of the first half and failed when Matthews picked off a pass before the half, the only Int thrown.
That seems like a balanced score. My trouble is I'm getting too much offense ever since the last tuner. Definitely have slideritis now. Please let us know when you play any other games.

I look forward to trying these out tonight for a couple games.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:34 PM   #2170
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
I wasn't asking this because I was too lazy to try them for myself, I was asking because I know there are certain sliders and settings you should NOT touch because it effects the game too much. I was asking if no accelerated clock was one of these items.
I'm saying that I don't know....I haven't played with clock settings since the patch.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:42 PM   #2171
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
HA! Sorry, not going to happen...gave up my stick skills a long time ago.

So, it's a mix. I would say half the time it's legit bad throws by the QB. I will say that your new slider set has way more bad throws and more pressure on the QB, forcing more over/under thrown balls. However, there were times when a DB just made a ridiculous cut and got right in front of receiver like they were all Revis. Overall, QB play is down, which is great, but now I'm seeing too many INTs.

My guess is that it's fatigue, because on the temp set you had before this latest one with Fatigue at 55, there was maybe 0-2 INTs a game total, and that was with DPI at 50/53. I doubt +1 DPI made that big of a difference. So, I think the fatigue has a cumulative effect on everything, thus leading to more INTs. Would you recommend maybe me testing a slightly lower Fatigue setting?

Quick question...so what's the DPI slider then doing? You said not to touch it...I thought DPI made more aggressive/tighter coverage (thus more INTs). Did I get that wrong?
The INT thing on coach mode could be just a trend that evens out...not sure how much sample size you have or what variety of teams/schemes you have tried.

As for dpi...I tried dropping it to see what would happen. Even a one point drop and coverage was way too loose. One notch higher, and I saw mirroring (where Dbs shadow the wr precisely while in front of them - not behind).

If you haven't tried other schemes and teams, try that and see if the problem is universal for coach mode. If it does seem to be persistent, try dropping fatigue a bit (maybe in 5 point increments).

Let me know your findings...coach mode can be a good way of finding what really best reflects ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #2172
Pro

OVR: 1

Thanks, Josh. I agree 100% that scheme (and talent) does really matter how the sliders play out. This was a small sample size...just a few games...so I am going to continue with the set and get a good base line. Then I am going to test out a lower fatigue set and then test out a set with DPI = 53 and just compare the pros/cons.

I will say that you uncovered something big here...this new set adds a lot more elements into the game. Aside from the lower scoring (a bit too low so far) and high INTs, everything else is awesome. I'm just excited seeing my DTs finally getting a push into the backfield sometimes.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:44 PM   #2173
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Thanks, Josh. I agree 100% that scheme (and talent) does really matter how the sliders play out. This was a small sample size...just a few games...so I am going to continue with the set and get a good base line. Then I am going to test out a lower fatigue set and then test out a set with DPI = 53 and just compare the pros/cons.

I will say that you uncovered something big here...this new set adds a lot more elements into the game. Aside from the lower scoring (a bit too low so far) and high INTs, everything else is awesome. I'm just excited seeing my DTs finally getting a push into the backfield sometimes.
Yeah, I have been enjoying what I have seen so far as well. Small sample size, but my games have been a little too high scoring (I would like to chop off about 5 ppg). The fact we are seeing opposites makes me hope that longer term data will even things out a bit. The good thing though has been that it has been tough to win.

One other random thing for coach (and maybe player) mode...see if turning on ballhawk turns some of those picks into swats....that might be the simplest fix.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:43 PM   #2174
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0

Just played one. Cards 38 Vikings 31 (me). 900 total yards combined. Game played good, just hoping for more defense. Off to test another game.
Old 05-09-2016, 06:28 PM   #2175
MVP

OVR: 6

I am seeing a lot of yards and points as well. Hit 950 yards twice, 1k once, and other game combined at around 900. Each game was 30 to 45 points for each team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2016, 07:39 PM   #2176
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Well...I was afraid of that guys (I was seeing similar offensive numbers but was hoping it was sample size). I know I said that this was my “final”, but maybe not…

Everything about this set has been dead-on though from an animation and player reaction standpoint.
  • Number plays per game has been on
  • Lineplay looks right
  • Comp % has been within norms
  • Tackling animations within norms (some big hits, some broken tackles)
  • Coverage has been solid
The one thing that has been ‘off’ statistically has been yards per play. We should see in the ballpark of maybe 5.5 ypp (plus/minus 1). You combine the numbers of all our games, I’d almost bet that we’re all well above that (not just user, but also CPU).

If anyone is testing right now (I'm still at work), try bumping up threshold to 55. I have a hunch that we're seeing a bit too much separation at this juncture. Even a small bump to threshold may have a dramatic impact on things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »