JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 273 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 05-09-2016, 07:45 PM   #2177
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Interesting that people are seeing high scoring games. In the past, when I have increased fatigue, that's what I typically saw...always seemed that fatigue impacted the defense more than the offense in terms of effectiveness. But I did just play a game where I lost 10-14 (Cowboys v. Giants). Both Romo and Manning had ~56% completion, less than 200 yards passing and both threw 3 picks. Only 1 pass deflection though. Most of the incompletions came from throwaways and over/under thrown balls. Both teams ran for around 100 yards.

Again, this is just one example, so I'm sure the next game I'll play it'll be a shootout.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:57 PM   #2178
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Interesting that people are seeing high scoring games. In the past, when I have increased fatigue, that's what I typically saw...always seemed that fatigue impacted the defense more than the offense in terms of effectiveness. But I did just play a game where I lost 10-14 (Cowboys v. Giants). Both Romo and Manning had ~56% completion, less than 200 yards passing and both threw 3 picks. Only 1 pass deflection though. Most of the incompletions came from throwaways and over/under thrown balls. Both teams ran for around 100 yards.

Again, this is just one example, so I'm sure the next game I'll play it'll be a shootout.
I agree picker....you are seeing low scoring on coach mode, standard mode is seeing high scoring. For the life of me, I can't put my finger on why. I do think it is separation related though...coach mode threshold may need to drop and standard might need to increase by a similar margin.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:16 PM   #2179
MVP

OVR: 19

Don't want to derailed your thread, but wanted to let you guys know that the default roster from the game disk is exactly like the 75 man roster.

If you want to use an edited roster and achieve what you are seeing using the 75, this is the way.
Only catch is that it "can not" be a downloaded roster, meaning each gamer has to do the edits themselves.

The second reason I mention this here, is that several key positional ratings are inflated beyond the generated draft class norms, which makes the offensive side for human gamers seem much easier.

With this being a slider thread, the main thing I wanted to make known was that an edited roster can be used where you will see the same things as you are seeing with the 75 default CFM roster.
- Just can't use a downloaded roster, each gamer must do their own from the "default" roster from the game disk (again, not a downloaded one)!!!

Of note, many of the DL/LB's "do not" have High Motor or Swim/Spin Move selected as a Trait on the default roster.
This greatly affects AI defensive players.

So for those who find the Offense to be a little easy for them, I would look to edit these traits before going down the road of "slideritis".

If there is a particular area of gameplay that's not to your liking, PM me because there may be an inflated rating that's the root cause.

Good stuff Josh!!!

I have a theory from something noted inside of CFM, that the "Toughness" rating actually functions as the "Stamina Recovery" rating inside CFM, but that's a discussion to be had in a PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:29 PM   #2180
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Awesome stuff khalib, I'd like to touch base with you about this offline when I get a chance.

----------------------------

One thing guys....the bump to the threshold is a total bust. Going to 55 threshold played well, but it accentuated one issue which has been our problem - lack of aggression by the defenders. The 55 threshold allowed me to better see what was going on....whenever a player busted a run outside, their pursuit angles were so shallow that they were nearly running parallel to the LOS to catch the back on the corner.

In English, aggression is not there....

On a lark, I decided to try something a bit different. In previous years, the Kick Catch Interference slider controlled defensive reactions and aggression. It's no a longer a slider now, just a On/Off toggle. So....I tried turning it off (in both CFM and MM) and OMG....just one quarter into a game, but for the first time I can remember on this game....the defense is truly swarming to the ball. With the enhancements to the blocking we have here, it's added yet another dynamic to the overall gameplay.

So, in summary, use the OP set and turn Kick Catch Interference "Off".

Probably premature to post this now, but I trust my instincts having seen it in action. I think that this is yet another step in the right direction.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:56 AM   #2181
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0

What about bumping things like Run Blocking, WR Catching, QB acc down 5 clicks to 45. Then bumping up Pass coverage, Pass D time, Tackling up 5 clicks to 55? Does this seem to have a negative effect on gameplay?

I have not had time to test this btw.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:58 AM   #2182
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Awesome stuff khalib, I'd like to touch base with you about this offline when I get a chance.

----------------------------

One thing guys....the bump to the threshold is a total bust. Going to 55 threshold played well, but it accentuated one issue which has been our problem - lack of aggression by the defenders. The 55 threshold allowed me to better see what was going on....whenever a player busted a run outside, their pursuit angles were so shallow that they were nearly running parallel to the LOS to catch the back on the corner.

In English, aggression is not there....

On a lark, I decided to try something a bit different. In previous years, the Kick Catch Interference slider controlled defensive reactions and aggression. It's no a longer a slider now, just a On/Off toggle. So....I tried turning it off (in both CFM and MM) and OMG....just one quarter into a game, but for the first time I can remember on this game....the defense is truly swarming to the ball. With the enhancements to the blocking we have here, it's added yet another dynamic to the overall gameplay.

So, in summary, use the OP set and turn Kick Catch Interference "Off".

Probably premature to post this now, but I trust my instincts having seen it in action. I think that this is yet another step in the right direction.
So what was the outcome in your game (score)? What were the total yards for both teams?
Old 05-10-2016, 08:14 AM   #2183
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can someone explain to me the advantage of using the original default roster versus the latest roster update when doing CFM? What's the benefit? How is it improving game play?
Old 05-10-2016, 08:22 AM   #2184
Pro

I played 8 games and with Custom Rosters with rookies and I been getting games with like 150-300 yrds (passing,running,total)and the stats like sacks, I only got about 3 sacks, nothing more. My scores have what you see in the NFL(blowouts,Shootouts,low score,close). I play as the coach for the actually team and I play the whole team( defense and offensive ) every drive. I don't think there is a problem.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »