JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 276 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 05-11-2016, 12:13 AM   #2201
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Broadcasting: year 3 cfm

Falcons(3-0) vs Bucs (2-2)

With latest settings per josh post patch/tuner. remember I sim all ST plays for variety.

Twitch: hunkerdownuga

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
classic NFC south rivalry game, 35-38 loss to Bucs. thanks all, who watched.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Madden 16: Atlanta Falcons
FIFA 18: OCSC
NBA 2k18: Atlanta Hawks
NHL 18: Florida Panthers
NASCAR Heat 2: Driver Career
F1 2017 - Haas Team
MLB 2k13(360) - Atlanta Braves
NCAA 14 (360): UGA
Old 05-11-2016, 12:21 AM   #2202
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Are we counting punts and FG attempts in total plays?
Nope...typically, you just count passes, runs, and sacks.

FYI....Jaa had 127 in his last game (9 minute quarters)....dead-on...

Also, IIRC, yardage was ~390 for him and 330 for CPU.....again, well within the norms.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:02 AM   #2203
Rookie

krildog's Arena

OVR: 4

I haven't tried the latest set of these yet (just discovered the update today), but with the previous edition of these a game was taking me 1:30-1:45 to play. Is this normal? Seems like a really long time. I'd prefer it be closer to an hour.
Chicago White Sox
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 05-11-2016, 01:44 PM   #2204
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0

So got a couple games in last night. First one was absolutely wonderful. Saints 24 Buccs 23. First half I was concerned about the offense again as the CPU piled up 260 total yards putting me down 20-10(but I did have the Saints D). Second half I took control of the T.O.P and played the ground and pound game with Ingram.

Second game I got lit up against Seattle vs Ravens. Wilson had 4 TD passes alone in 1st Half. Starting to wonder if this is a pattern with high CPU passing or if I was just using 2 below average defenses (the Raven did have 3 starters out on D). The concerning part was there was alot of separation between their WR's and my CB's.

So these were played with Josh's newly posted adjustments with K.C.I off and Ball Hawk back on.

Question--Has anyone tested out these settings WITH the O.P.I. off as suggested?

These are coming together because everything else is feeling great. Good run game--Actually seeing subs--Great interaction between CB/WR (when there is not too much separation) DL/OL interactions and pressure. I think these are close.

Last edited by Rubio809; 05-11-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:49 PM   #2205
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Oh and it's been concluded that the threshold should not move off 50 and no default sliders should be touched?
Old 05-11-2016, 04:25 PM   #2206
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
So got a couple games in last night. First one was absolutely wonderful. Saints 24 Buccs 23. First half I was concerned about the offense again as the CPU piled up 260 total yards putting me down 20-10(but I did have the Saints D). Second half I took control of the T.O.P and played the ground and pound game with Ingram.

Second game I got lit up against Seattle vs Ravens. Wilson had 4 TD passes alone in 1st Half. Starting to wonder if this is a pattern with high CPU passing or if I was just using 2 below average defenses (the Raven did have 3 starters out on D). The concerning part was there was alot of separation between their WR's and my CB's.

So these were played with Josh's newly posted adjustments with K.C.I off and Ball Hawk back on.

Question--Has anyone tested out these settings WITH the O.P.I. off as suggested?

These are coming together because everything else is feeling great. Good run game--Actually seeing subs--Great interaction between CB/WR (when there is not too much separation) DL/OL interactions and pressure. I think these are close.
Quote:
Oh and it's been concluded that the threshold should not move off 50 and no default sliders should be touched?
Good feedback Rubio...

The premise of this set is that the gameplay sliders are best left at default. Every single time I try tweaking them, it throws the balance off completely and I revert right back to default. The game just "likes" it when the values are at default. Khalib has speculated that the game has fewer calculations at default...and that decrease in processing time leaves things smoother overall and players react more in real time to what we see on the screen. I recently tried raising threshold...even going to 55 really jacked-up the run game. It became incredibly easy for both the CPU and user to bounce things outside while it became next to impossible to run inside (short of it....tackle angles got messed up). Not saying I am adverse to giving it a shot again with the new setup....but it's just as likely to break things as it is to fix.

Now....I too have seen some of those "wide open" plays. When I see them happen, I go into instant replay and look as to why it may have happened. Nine times out of 10, it is due to either a physical mismatch or a route running result (i.e. receiver makes a cut and DB doesn't adjust to it). For the route running things, I would say that the results match the ratings more often than not. I still think that DBs lose too much momentum on those change of direction plays...but that is either a roster rating or engine issue.

We have to tread very carefully with pass coverage. Tighten it too much and we run the risk of even the aggressive QBs (e.g. Cutler) going ultra-conservative on their throws (or hold the ball too long for sacks). The trick is to keep the coverage close enough for the DBs to potentially make a play on the ball while keeping the coverage open enough that the CPU senses their guys are "open".

I have not tested out turning OPI "off"....would love for people to give this a shot and offer feedback.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:35 PM   #2207
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by krildog
I haven't tried the latest set of these yet (just discovered the update today), but with the previous edition of these a game was taking me 1:30-1:45 to play. Is this normal? Seems like a really long time. I'd prefer it be closer to an hour.
The goal is to Target 120-130 offensive snaps per game to match real life. So yeah, it takes a while.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:42 PM   #2208
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Just played two more games, this time with O.P.I. "off". All I gotta say is WOW.

First game- Jets 16 Titans 22. Holy punts! 11 total punts and total yards for both sides were in the high 200's/low 300's. Now this may be due to two crappy backups play (Mettenberger/Hackenberg), but man did they play like they should. High incompletion rate and the Jets stuffed the run. The biggest thing I noticed was with was the spacing between the CB's & Wr's. It just felt right. WR definitely not as aggressive---which is a GOOD thing. Most of the game was a struggle and the way it should be. Even though I lost and Hackenberg couldn't hit the side of a barn, this was actually one of the most enjoyable games I played in awhile.

Second game--Raiders 10 (me) Broncos 3 HALF TIME. I actually stopped playing so I could come on here to update. Unbelievably fun. Both teams started off game with two long drives, only to be intercepted in the Red Zone. Just feeling the difference between Carr and Hackenberg is amazing. I can't say enough on how well the spacing feel now in the secondary. Broncos actually broke a big gain down the seam but my safety was blitzing. They wound up fumbling when Hillman was gang tackled. Very cool.

Maybe it's just a small sample size, but these two games were just on another level. Maybe it's OPI off,maybe it's not. Josh, I highly recommend you give this a shot and tell me what you think.

This is the first time I can say I would not adjust anything else. I only hope it continues.

Last edited by Rubio809; 05-11-2016 at 07:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »