JoshC1977's M16 Sliders - Page 280 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M16 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 05-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #2233
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's M16 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Using the controller to hike the ball, punt the ball, extra point, and I think using kick off.

Let the traits control the players after the ball is hiked.
That's kinda of boring.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2016, 02:47 PM   #2234
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
After the patch, I started noticing the same thing, my backup RB never came in. After Josh readjusted the sliders after the patch, my backup RB was entering the game whenever Lacy was tired.

I'm using the sliders in the OP, with 60 80 sub in sub out.

The game may have different outcomes if you play in coach mode vs play mode?
Roadman, per my earlier posts, there definitely seems to be a different outcome with Josh's sliders using coach mode. I've had the opposite problem...too much defense and very low scoring. I've been trying to think of ways to increase offense. The only luck I've had is doing the opposite of Josh's Auto Subs...I'm trying 49/50 for both CFM and MM (instead of 60/80) and it seemed to increase scoring a bit, but at the sacrifice of less INTs and sacks.

But if you don't play coach mode, just ignore this!
Old 05-15-2016, 02:55 PM   #2235
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
More defense and more challenge - two worthy goals...we're not likely going to get both. The more you "humanize" the CPU, the easier it is going to get. We're pretty much forced to amp up the CPU offense to get a good competitive game on default All Pro....that's as much of a game limitation as anything....and always has been on Madden. I'm actually quite impressed that we still have a solid challenge given how much more realistically the game is playing.

Speaking of amping up the CPU offense, that appears to be what the IG toggle does. When in 'off' position, every aspect of the CPU offense seemed a little more aggressive, a little better overall. It actually provides a nice little counter-balance to the boost the defenders got with the KCI toggle. I would need time on that setting to see if it is worthwhile....it might be a preference thing.

Don't see much of interest with the RTK and RITK toggles...they probably do something, but haven't locked-in on anything. I probably won't do much with them.

Still sticking with the OP for now. Feel free to give turning off the IG setting a shot and provide feedback.
Josh, aside from testing the IG toggle, have you found other ways to help boost the CPU without also impacting the USER? Increasing fatigue certainly seems to favor the USER and diminish the CPU, so any tips on how to improve the CPU without touching the game play sliders would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and kudos for testing out the other penalty toggles. I wondered if turning off IG would increase QB aggressiveness, but my eyes are not as keen as yours in discerning game play changes. Definitely very interested in hearing your findings.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:10 PM   #2236
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Josh, aside from testing the IG toggle, have you found other ways to help boost the CPU without also impacting the USER? Increasing fatigue certainly seems to favor the USER and diminish the CPU, so any tips on how to improve the CPU without touching the game play sliders would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and kudos for testing out the other penalty toggles. I wondered if turning off IG would increase QB aggressiveness, but my eyes are not as keen as yours in discerning game play changes. Definitely very interested in hearing your findings.
Picker....try the OP set exactly "As is"....but for coach mode, try dropping the facemask to 50. What that will do is loosen things up overall and should give you offense. Then, if you begin noticing that coverage is too loose or there is too much offense, then slowly walk it up back towards 53.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:16 PM   #2237
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Had a really great game this morning. I used Baltimore and played Denver.

Denver took the game 21-13 while both sides had under 300 yards of total offense Additionally, I had under 50 yards rushing and was sacked 6 times. It was the first time I have ever really felt dominated by a CPU defense on AP.

Now, I do not know if it was just one of those games, the fact it was two great defenses, or a particular adjustment I made before that game.

That adjustment was turning "on" the heat seeker setting in JUST the main menu. I left it off in CFM because it is such a ridiculously overpowered setting...but I was curious if there was a gameplay difference. So, I played that game and had a great defensive battle....cause/effect or coincidence? I can't say right now....because I can't clue-in on a definite change in how players behave/perform....it was just tough.
Old 05-15-2016, 06:27 PM   #2238
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Enabling Heatseeker in the Main Menu is inspired...

Wouldn't be surprised if that rendered a more defensive based result, without the jacked bonus it can afford the HUM player when enabled in CFM...

My guess would be that it affords a minor "universal" boost to "ball awareness" across the (defensive) board to both the HUM and CPU...
Old 05-15-2016, 07:06 PM   #2239
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Picker....try the OP set exactly "As is"....but for coach mode, try dropping the facemask to 50. What that will do is loosen things up overall and should give you offense. Then, if you begin noticing that coverage is too loose or there is too much offense, then slowly walk it up back towards 53.
Thanks for the advice, Josh. I'll give that a try. Quick question: If I am looking to increase the pass rush, would I decrease holding? Your old set had holding at 40/50. Would you recommend the same setting or something different?
Old 05-15-2016, 07:13 PM   #2240
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
Thanks for the advice, Josh. I'll give that a try. Quick question: If I am looking to increase the pass rush, would I decrease holding? Your old set had holding at 40/50. Would you recommend the same setting or something different?
You can try that, it will increase the amount of block shed. If you want to just simply give the defensive line more of a boost with the same amount of shedding, try bumping-up the offsides slider to 55 or 60.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »